Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's actually quite normal in the industry to charge a fee when there's more than 2 guests over 18. It's strange if a resort doesn't charge the extra adult fee.

All Disney resorts charge extra adult fee after 2 adults ($ amount depends on level of resort - its $35 each extra adult at deluxe resorts). Its not uncommon in the hotel industry (sadly!). (ETA: I don't know about DVC rooms, when not booked directly with Disney cash not points.)

I don't know. I've done a similar exercice with different non-Disney hotels... Maybe I got lucky but they were not doing that. But hey, good to know!

This is strange to say the least.
I’ve been in hotels that charge and some that don’t. It kind of just depends but at Disney I just expect it. I’m not exactly sure the reasoning behind it. Maybe it’s for housekeeping sake since they might have to clean more? I honestly don’t know.

OK, I'm waving the white flag on this one and seeing if anyone wants to take on this project.

I would love to have correct information about the various grocery delivery services, but having never used them, and no plans to, I have not done any research beyond grabbing comments and info others have posted.

Looking for a "Guide" with info like contact info, fees, is there a minimum order fee, can you order alcohol, other products
Pros/Cons/Advantages, like being able to select specific brands or stores
Anything else that would be helpful.

I'll change to a consistent font type, too, when there is a final product. It drives me crazy when I see all the different fonts and sizes on Page 1, but I often just grab info from wherever and never go back to change it.

This is what I have currently:

Grocery Delivery Service Information and Reviews:

www.gardengrocer.com
Fee: Minimum order of $
Alcohol: Yes or No?

www.WeGoShop.com
*Ask about loyalty rewards program and referral program*
Fee:
Alcohol: Yes or No

www.turnerdrug.com (407) 828-8125

Prescriptions, toiletries and more

$7.50 delivery fee to the Beach or Yacht Club

www.dizzydolphindelivery.com

You can specify your preferred brands and stores when placing an order. Groceries, alcohol, small appliances.
Fee:
Alcohol:

Instacart (Publix, Winn-Dixie, Target? What else)
Fee
Alcohol

www.shipt.com

Order fresh produce, meat, and more from local stores using shipt app or website. Connect with your shopper via text to make adjustments and get live updates from the aisles. Delivery in as little as an hour. (Target) (and other local stores???)
Monthly, ongoing fee for service, but first 2 weeks free, with cancellation anytime
Alcohol:

NOTE: Safeway has discontinued their Orlando delivery service as of July 2018

www.shop.safeway.com/ecom/home

Note: promotion for first time users offers free shipping and $20 off for orders exceeding $49- through August 19, 2017

Amazon Prime Now is a two hour delivery service of certain household essentials. Your order will be delivered to Bell Services at the resort. For delivery to the Yacht & Beach Club resort, which is a convention resort, this is preferable to Amazon Prime Pantry which will deliver to the Convention Center and will be subject to a pickup fee based on the package weight and limited pickup hours.

Amazon Prime Now website

Online orders from Staples/Amazon/Walmart- I think these are delivered to the convention center and therefore subject to weight-based fee and must be picked up.

:thanks:

Last edited:

Can you tell me why you prefer Garden Grocer when you get alcohol delivered? I have used other delivery services, but have never had alcohol delivered. That said, for our trip in August, I am thinking cold beer in the room might be very, very refreshing. :)

Sure! Garden Grocer allows you to verify that you're over 21 before you go and therefore will drop off at Bell Services without you being present. The other services require someone >21 to be present for delivery and won't drop off at Bell Services.

We've done Garden Grocer on our two previous POR stays and have been very happy for the service. Sure, we could walk to Speedway or take an uber to Publix OR arrange to be there when our delivery comes, but this just streamlines the process for me. I don't find the prices to be THAT much more when you take into account the time/coordination required of the other options.

For example, Garden Grocer has a 12 pack of Yuengling for 17.50 and it's around 14.00 on the other sites. However, Garden Grocer just charges a straight delivery fee plus applicable taxes. I've found the largest difference in prices on the alcohol - other things tend to be .50 - 2.00 more. With Instacart you may pay a delivery fee, plus a surcharge, plus a tip to the shopper/driver. I feel like Garden Grocer just has those things baked right into the price of the food and the totals end up coming pretty close for me. I'll happily pay that bit extra for not having to coordinate the delivery.

Now, I haven't actually used those other services in Orlando - so they may have a posted policy of requiring to be present and actually drop at bell services, but I'm not willing to use to my time to find out!

Sure! Garden Grocer allows you to verify that you're over 21 before you go and therefore will drop off at Bell Services without you being present. The other services require someone >21 to be present for delivery and won't drop off at Bell Services.

We've done Garden Grocer on our two previous POR stays and have been very happy for the service. Sure, we could walk to Speedway or take an uber to Publix OR arrange to be there when our delivery comes, but this just streamlines the process for me. I don't find the prices to be THAT much more when you take into account the time/coordination required of the other options.

For example, Garden Grocer has a 12 pack of Yuengling for 17.50 and it's around 14.00 on the other sites. However, Garden Grocer just charges a straight delivery fee plus applicable taxes. I've found the largest difference in prices on the alcohol - other things tend to be .50 - 2.00 more. With Instacart you may pay a delivery fee, plus a surcharge, plus a tip to the shopper/driver. I feel like Garden Grocer just has those things baked right into the price of the food and the totals end up coming pretty close for me. I'll happily pay that bit extra for not having to coordinate the delivery.

Now, I haven't actually used those other services in Orlando - so they may have a posted policy of requiring to be present and actually drop at bell services, but I'm not willing to use to my time to find out!
Thank you! That helps a lot and convinced me I should give it a a try!

I’ve been in hotels that charge and some that don’t. It kind of just depends but at Disney I just expect it. I’m not exactly sure the reasoning behind it. Maybe it’s for housekeeping sake since they might have to clean more? I honestly don’t know.

The way the resort sees it, those extra guests over 18 should be paying for their own room. So resort is trying to recoup some of the lost revenue.

The way the resort sees it, those extra guests over 18 should be paying for their own room. So resort is trying to recoup some of the lost revenue.
Ah I see. Which really doesn’t make sense considering they have two beds and the room can sleep up to 4 but oh well.

OK, I'm waving the white flag on this one and seeing if anyone wants to take on this project.

I would love to have correct information about the various grocery delivery services, but having never used them, and no plans to, I have not done any research beyond grabbing comments and info others have posted.

Looking for a "Guide" with info like contact info, fees, is there a minimum order fee, can you order alcohol, other products

I'll change to a consistent font type, too, when there is a final product. It drives me crazy when I see all the different fonts and sizes on Page 1, but I often just grab info from wherever and never go back to change it.

www.gardengrocer.com

www.WeGoShop.com
Fee:

You can specify your preferred brands and stores when placing an order. Groceries, alcohol, small appliances.
Fee:
Alcohol:

Instacart (Publix, what else)
Fee
Alcohol

www.shipt.com

Order fresh produce, meat, and more from local stores using shipt app or website. Connect with your shopper via text to make adjustments and get live updates from the aisles. Delivery in as little as an hour. (Target) (and other local stores???)
Monthly, ongoing fee for service, but first 2 weeks free, with cancellation anytime
Alcohol:

Note: promotion for first time users offers free shipping and $20 off for orders exceeding $49- through August 19, 2017

Amazon Prime Now is a two hour delivery service of certain household essentials. Your order will be delivered to Bell Services at the resort. For delivery to the Yacht & Beach Club resort, which is a convention resort, this is preferable to Amazon Prime Pantry which will deliver to the Convention Center and will be subject to a pickup fee based on the package weight and limited pickup hours.

Amazon Prime Now website

Online orders from Staples/Amazon/Walmart- I think these are delivered to the convention center and therefore subject to weight-based fee and must be picked up.

www.gardengrocer.com

www.WeGoShop.com
Fee:

Fee:
Alcohol:

Instacart (Publix, Winn-Dixie, Target? What else)
Fee
Alcohol

www.shipt.com

Alcohol:

Amazon Prime Now website

Dizzy Dolphin does deliver alcohol, $14 delivery fee for orders under $250, over $250 no delivery fee, minimum order $50

Ah I see. Which really doesn’t make sense considering they have two beds and the room can sleep up to 4 but oh well.

It doesn't make sense to us but makes all the sense in the world to the resort. As far as the resort is concerned that other bed is for little Timmy and Jenny who can't book their own room.

I'm happy to take a stab at this. However, the only one I've actually used is Garden Grocer and that was to POR a few years ago. Were you looking for someone who had actual experience with more than 1?

Thank you! That helps a lot and convinced me I should give it a a try!

You're welcome! We LOVE having a cold beer in the room and for poolside. They could charge double what they charge and it'd still cost less than buying one there!

Page 1258-1259

We're doing a split stay August 16-25, with the first 3 nights at BC and the remainder at GF. It will be me, DH, DD16, DS12 and DD7. We haven't stayed at BC before, and I'm so excited. It's the one I've been waiting to try.

:welcome:

I have added you to the list!

:cool1:

Hi Everyone!

I'm thinking about booking Yacht Club for an upcoming trip so I can check out Stormalong Bay. I tend to stay at the JW Marriott which has an incredible pool area along with a large lazy river but I was looking at the map and it looks like it's just a small loop that you go around under a few bridges. I know maps can be deceiving, but I just wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks

:welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you book at the Yacht Club.

I'm not sure if I have the info about the length of the lazy river, but I'm from New England and when we are asked how far away something is, we answer in time, not distance. So I can tell you that it takes 7 minutes to make one lap around the lazy river without paddling, using only the propulsion from the jets.

:fish:

Hi all, Happy Fourth. :)

My wife booked a BC club level water view room, and requested a King Bed. Does that combination even exist? Do the club rooms have a greater chance of a full balcony, or is it still hit or miss? We stayed at the BC years back (before the refurb), but in one of the Deluxe rooms so it was very different. Any other room tips for this category?

Thanks!

When is your trip?

I'm not sure if that combination exists or not. I know there are limited king beds throughout the resort and at club level. There is a higher percentage of rooms with full balconies at club level, close to 80% instead of the 50% throughout the rest of the hotel.

My suggestion is to place a request of "Full balcony, please. King bed if possible"

:thumbsup2

Hi there. We (just myself and DH) are staying at YC for one night (4th August) as part of a split stay.

Very excited because with our horrible exchange rate I thought we were priced out of on-site, but with a special the other week we were able to change to onsite for our whole stay.

I’ve been reading this thread for all the great info you all put up. Thanks!

I'm so glad you have a chance to check this resort out! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:woohoo:

Has anyone been able to book a room at Yacht Club for June 2019? Both we and a travel agent weren't able to find availability.

Dee, could you add us to the Be Our Guest list for June 14-23, 2019 at beach club?

Thanks!

Will do!

::yes::

Hi Dee- Please add my family of five (DD 11 DS 9 DD 7 and the hubs) to the guests list. We will be first time YC guests this 12-16 to 12-21 and are very excited!!
Say, does anybody know if the only deep areas are in the lazy river? My little one will be disappointed because she loves walking those type pools, (she says she's "running track" LOL) but maybe the other areas will interest her. I tried looking at the maps and aerial pictures and even after going through tons of old threads and this one, I might have missed the specifics on the depth of the other "water areas". I only caught that Lazy River was really deep. Thanks in advance!

The lazy river has changing depths. In parts, I think it is up to 8 feet deep, but there are other parts where I can stand and it is not over my head (so 4 feet or so).

I do wish areas of the main pool were deeper.

Most off the other areas of SAB are around 4 feet deep. The sand bar kiddie arrow is very shallow.

There is also a small whirlpool with a current. I think it is currently operational. My son used to love to go around and around.

ETA: I just got confirmation that the whirlpool feature IS working.

:fish:

I have a garden view room book for YC. I've never bothered requesting anything specific, but the online check-in lets you do that and I figured why not. I clicked upper floor & water view (kind of surprised it made that an option). Would those be good things to request? All I really care about is getting a full balcony & I know most YC rooms already have that (and it's not an option on the website). Thanks for any help!

Well, the online checkin options can be quirky and sometimes do not apply to the type of room (or even the resort) where you are making the request. But since you are only concerned with the full balcony, then sure, those are good requests. I prefer an upper floor as well.

:flower1:

Last edited:
Dizzy Dolphin does deliver alcohol, $14 delivery fee for orders under $250, over $250 no delivery fee, minimum order $50

This is great info, thanks!

:thumbsup2

I'm happy to take a stab at this. However, the only one I've actually used is Garden Grocer and that was to POR a few years ago. Were you looking for someone who had actual experience with more than 1?

Thanks!

No, just looking for someone who doesn't mind taking a little time to look at the links or comments that people post like those above, and compiling/add them to the info I have so far.

Timed the walk from the main back exit of the BC to the EPCOT FriendShip dock at 4-5 minutes.
The departures are now every 15 minutes, instead of every 20 minutes. The anticipated increase in demand, due to TSL, sparked the change in frequency.

Awesome!

That is very helpful info.

Do you know if extra boats were added to the rotation to meet the increased frequency?

:boat:

We'll be at YC Dec 12-18 on a surprise trip for our 2 boys! I hope it will be warm enough for kids to swim and I'm excited for the easy walk to Epcot! Thanks to all for the tips here - it's been so helpful already.

This is what I found on Shipt:
Membership cost- https://help.shipt.com/pricing/how-much-is-a-shipt-membership?from_search=24987369
Pricing/delivery- https://help.shipt.com/pricing/how-are-your-prices-determined?from_search=24987385
Alcohol - https://help.shipt.com/how-shipt-works/can-i-order-alcohol?from_search=24987398

I talked to my cousin about his experience and he said it was great, but he did say he had to meet the delivery person even though he didn’t have any alcohol so I’m not sure about. I’m wondering if it was a new delivery person and they were not aware the Bell Services would hold the groceries or he told them that so he could get a tip :smooth:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter