Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just received an email from Safeway.com that “my store” is no longer delivering. I filled in the Beach Club’s address some time ago when I started saving items to my cart. I wonder if another store may pick up the Beach Club area or if I need to use a different grocery delivery service? The email says they are stopping service on July 7. Anyone else receive the same?

I was just coming here to report the same! I’m so sad, we loved using Safeway. I put the Beach Club zip code in and a store 23 miles came up as the closest. Hmmm, I guess I’m on the hunt for another grocery store. Not wanting to use Garden Grocer as their prices are way expensive .

I feel the same way! Looking into Amazon Prime now.

This was going to be our first time having a grocery delivery and I was so excited to plan this as way to save money on breakfast, water and snacks. My Safeway shopping cart was already filled for our July 17th trip :(
Looking at placing an order with Publix. Has anyone tried them before? I could do Amazon since we are prime members, but they do not carry all of the items we wanted.

I was going to try safeway in August, too. I'm just going to go with Garden Grocer. We get alcohol delivered and they have the easiest process for that anyway.

We decided on a beach vacation this summer, well not me but I was out voted, and we are all wishing the we were at the Beach Club. We are having a great time but we all miss Disney, especially the Beach Club!! I was afraid our daughter was going to get “Disney’d“ out ( we went 3 times last year) but she was the first to say, “let’s just drive to Disney tomorrow!”
We are renting a condo and I didn’t buy realize we had to bring EVERYTHING with us. I packed laundry detergent, dishwashing tabs & all toiletries but I had no idea that I had to buy my own toilet paper . It’s not a vacation to me if I’m going to the store to buy toilet paper. So now our saying for the trip is “I bet Disney has toilet paper!” We are truly having a great time but this is just proof to us that we truly love our Disney trips!

We decided on a beach vacation this summer, well not me but I was out voted, and we are all wishing the we were at the Beach Club. We are having a great time but we all miss Disney, especially the Beach Club!! I was afraid our daughter was going to get “Disney’d“ out ( we went 3 times last year) but she was the first to say, “let’s just drive to Disney tomorrow!”
We are renting a condo and I didn’t buy realize we had to bring EVERYTHING with us. I packed laundry detergent, dishwashing tabs & all toiletries but I had no idea that I had to buy my own toilet paper . It’s not a vacation to me if I’m going to the store to buy toilet paper. So now our saying for the trip is “I bet Disney has toilet paper!” We are truly having a great time but this is just proof to us that we truly love our Disney trips!

Thanks for the update on your trip and for thinking of us!

I'm sure you will enjoy the beach (after your trip to the store for the Bare Necessities)

:beach:

Some of my friends stayed at an AirBnB recently (not in Orlando area). One man, two women, staying for a week. When they got there, they discovered there was just one role of toilet paper. That could have been a problem...

Some of my friends stayed at an AirBnB recently (not in Orlando area). One man, two women, staying for a week. When they got there, they discovered there was just one role of toilet paper. That could have been a problem...

We did Airbnb for the first two nights and it was great!! They provided everything plus some! That was our first time and we were nervous but it was perfect and will for sure do it again!

but we all miss Disney, especially the Beach Club!! I was afraid our daughter was going to get “Disney’d“ out ( we went 3 times last year)

If you go to the beach club 3x a year, you may want to join some of us on the DVC forum. Just a thought! I was hesitant at first but it sure is nice to have a prepaid villa at the beach club :)

We sometimes spend 2 nights at Cocoa beach before the beach club to get our actual beach fix. It's a pretty short drive and isn't too expensive, either. Yeah it's not total paradise but it's still nice there. (there are some good restaurants in the area, too.)

TP often plays more than one "role" but I mostly use it for one specific purpose. :rotfl:

I kid, I kid.

If you go to the beach club 3x a year, you may want to join some of us on the DVC forum. Just a thought! I was hesitant at first but it sure is nice to have a prepaid villa at the beach club :)

We sometimes spend 2 nights at Cocoa beach before the beach club to get our actual beach fix. It's a pretty short drive and isn't too expensive, either. Yeah it's not total paradise but it's still nice there. (there are some good restaurants in the area, too.)

:D

We have looked into DVC and talk about it all the time! Maybe one day :yay:

I was going to try safeway in August, too. I'm just going to go with Garden Grocer. We get alcohol delivered and they have the easiest process for that anyway.
Can you tell me why you prefer Garden Grocer when you get alcohol delivered? I have used other delivery services, but have never had alcohol delivered. That said, for our trip in August, I am thinking cold beer in the room might be very, very refreshing. :)

And why do they ask $593.00 USD /night for 2 Adults...

And ask $663.00 USD /night for 4 adults for the exact same type of room (which can contain up to 5 adults)?

Also... Correct me if I am wrong but... the website won't let me book a Club Level room (which can sleep up to 5 adults) with 4 adults in it? (But would let me book an overpriced 2 bedrooms suite with Club Level access)?

And ask $663.00 USD /night for 4 adults for the exact same type of room (which can contain up to 5 adults)?

Also... Correct me if I am wrong but... the website won't let me book a Club Level room (which can sleep up to 5 adults) with 4 adults in it? (But would let me book an overpriced 2 bedrooms suite with Club Level access)?
They charge more when you add adults to your room. We stayed at pop in March and took our SIL. It cost more to have her in the same room.

Once my DD turned 18, we were charged more as she was legally considered an adult. I think we're paying $35 more a night (or something around this price). So right now, we are 3 adults (parents and a 19 year old) and youngest DD (16) in a room.

It started within the last couple of weeks. You help yourself from a small freezer that's under the counter, near the fresh fruit. The current selection is vanilla bean, chocolate, and chocolate chip.

This is at the BC CL as well as the YC, right? Fingers crossed!

All Disney resorts charge extra adult fee after 2 adults ($ amount depends on level of resort - its $35 each extra adult at deluxe resorts). Its not uncommon in the hotel industry (sadly!). (ETA: I don't know about DVC rooms, when not booked directly with Disney cash not points.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter