Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

For all my DISboard family members in the North Eastern quadrant of the United States, I just want to say be safe out there, huddle in front of the fireplace with whomever or what ever you choose, and get ready for another good lesson from Mother Nature. At least she is showing some mercy on us folks in Southern Ohio by getting THE Ohio River back in its banks. Can't wait until Spring gets here.
Katesdad

For all my DISboard family members in the North Eastern quadrant of the United States, I just want to say be safe out there, huddle in front of the fireplace with whomever or what ever you choose, and get ready for another good lesson from Mother Nature. At least she is showing some mercy on us folks in Southern Ohio by getting THE Ohio River back in its banks. Can't wait until Spring gets here.
Katesdad

:wave2:

Thanks for the good thoughts!

So far, so good here, although I am just a few miles from the coast. I am seeing pictures and videos on Facebook of rivers overflowing nearby and some local roads have been closed. The picture below is a road close to the farm where I work. (Not my picture)

Mark is working from home today, and my preschool farm friends class was cancelled today. Ben is at school. A lot of homes in the next town over have lost power, but, knock wood, but the lights are still on here. Some of the streets in Boston are flooded out.

As a friend of mine posted earlier "So now we get a BombaCyclone every other month, eh?"

030218 storm.jpg

:umbrella:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. Does anyone know how much the tie-dye Mickey shirt craft costs?

$15 for DVC, $17 for non DVC. This was as of last Sunday

We opted not to do it, because it goes in a zip lock bag wet with dye after, and we weren't spending the time in the laundry room to wash/dry it before taking it home. If you have a Villa with a w/d, then that would be ideal.

Just wanted to chime in with more details about our stay this past week. We had an AWESOME and perfectly flawless trip! We booked last minute since I found a $39 fare! Booked Monday, checked in Friday. Originally we were staying at CBR, then contemplated the cabins at FW, but settled on the YC since we wanted to relax at the pool a lot! Our flight got in shortly before 9am, we took DME, and were in Stormalong Bay by 10:15! I had did online check in at home. At around 11:15, I received a text that our room was ready! Jackpot!! Our room was AMAZING (I posted a video in here a couple of days ago). It was so spacious, we loved that we had THREE windows, and plenty of room, and it was close to the lobby. Mousekeeping did a spotless job. We opted for mousekeeping everyday, so I don't have any experience with the "room check" issue..since that was our room check.

We spent a lot of time in the pool, and easily found chairs, even when we came back mid day from the park. I thought the pool was a bit chilly, but coming from NY, it was better than home! The food at the Ale and Compass Market was decent.....disappointed that they still have no Mickey waffles. It was somewhat annoying to walk to Beach Club Marketplace. We opted for in room dining one day for my son for lunch, since he just wanted a plain kids burger, and A&C didn't have that. My daughter and I were dying when the room service came, and this awesomely funny British cast member set him all up with a white tablecloth, etc. He really got a kick out of that! We walked across to the Boardwalk for Ample Hills Creamery, which is awesome!! (we have one here in NY).

We found the bus service to the MK slow...but that has been typical of every single resort we have stayed at in the 20plus times we have vacationed there at various resorts. We wanted to get Minnie Van, had Bell services hook my phone up with Lyft, but the Minnie Van's were always further away than the bus. We had a great experience with the boats to HS and Epcot though! Our last day, we had a goal to do all four parks in one day. So we took the bus to AK, then the bus back to the resort to drop off my DD's banshee, took the boat to HS, then the bus from HS to MK, then hit the monorail to Epcot and walked back to the room after. LOVED the convenience of that!!

Overall we had a GREAT stay!! Our first time there was 17 years ago when I won a trip and they said we could pick any resort. We have stayed a few times in between then and now, but this past stay was the best of all! LOVE the updated rooms!

We just checked in and love our room. We got my request, which was first floor near the lobby. We have a patio right by the quiet pool, and I am hoping the lights won’t be too bright there.

The only issue is that the slides are closed, and today is my twins birthday and all they wanted was to go on the pirate slide they were too short for last trip.

They gave us a ride in a golf cart to the board walk slide and a credit to our account. They didn’t even warn us at check in, with our kids wearing swim suites, that the slide was closed. We found out when they tried to go to the stairs and found equipment and workers.

We just checked in and love our room. We got my request, which was first floor near the lobby. We have a patio right by the quiet pool, and I am hoping the lights won’t be too bright there.

The only issue is that the slides are closed, and today is my twins birthday and all they wanted was to go on the pirate slide they were too short for last trip.

They gave us a ride in a golf cart to the board walk slide and a credit to our account. They didn’t even warn us at check in, with our kids wearing swim suites, that the slide was closed. We found out when they tried to go to the stairs and found equipment and workers.
Not to diminish the disappointment, because I really DO get it, but that was some pretty awesome pixie dust as a consolation!!! :love:

Thanks for the March activities schedule. If anyone sees/hears info about Easter activities at the resort I would love details.

They are closed for a refurbished until the 10th (the day we leave). I don’t know when it started.

Thanks for the info about the slide. Your post was the first one I have seen with the news . There is often winter maintenance to parts of Stormalong Bay in the winter (a third of it will be closed while the other 2/3 remain open), but I haven't had advanced notice in the past few years.

:fish:

I have noticed that some of the WDW refurbished rooms have space under the beds to store luggage now. Does Beach Club also have this? If not, where do you store your luggage? We are a family of 4 and we will have 5 suitcases. I'm worried about space... Thanks!

The Yacht Club has hard surface flooring and beds without box springs and a bed height about 5" or 6" higher than normal. That set-up allows storage of luggage under the beds. The Beach Club rooms have the standard bed set-up and no under-bed storage.

There is a luggage rack in the closet of the room; you can always request additional racks.

Beach Club beds

room-wa-g01.jpg

The Yacht Club has hard surface flooring and beds without box springs and a bed height about 5" or 6" higher than normal. That set-up allows storage of luggage under the beds. The Beach Club rooms have the standard bed set-up and no under-bed storage.

There is a luggage rack in the closet of the room; you can always request additional racks.

Is anyone a little leary of this? My DH always makes us store our luggage as far away from the beds as possible for risk of bed bugs

Bummer about the pool slide. We are just about to board our plane in Detroit and will be there in a few hours.

Is anyone a little leary of this? My DH always makes us store our luggage as far away from the beds as possible for risk of bed bugs

I'm short. I would be concerned about how hard it is to get in and out of the beds, which are higher than normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter