• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

QUESTION ABOUT GROCERY DELIVERY

On page 1 it mentions that Garden Grocer delivers between 4:30pm and 5:30pm. Is this unique to Garden Grocer, or is this ALL of the grocery delivery services? (I'm thinking of using Dizzy Dolphin or WeGoShop - I'm interested in getting groceries from Trader Joe's - am wondering whether the time issue is for GG alone or whether it's for all grocery deliveries to YC/BC.)

Thanks!!
I highly discourage you from using wegoshop. I used them for 7 years successfully and then Amy brought her husband on. HORRIBLE customer service. Since then there have been several reports of delayed delivery and worse over charging and even double charging. Use caution.

On page 1 it mentions that Garden Grocer delivers between 4:30pm and 5:30pm. Is this unique to Garden Grocer, or is this ALL of the grocery delivery services? (I'm thinking of using Dizzy Dolphin or WeGoShop - I'm interested in getting groceries from Trader Joe's - am wondering whether the time issue is for GG alone or whether it's for all grocery deliveries to YC/BC.)

Thanks!!
I also have a question about Garden Grocer. Our flight gets in around 10:30 a.m. Would you advise having the food delivered the evening before or the evening we arrive? Will they hold the groceries overnight?

I also have a question about Garden Grocer. Our flight gets in around 10:30 a.m. Would you advise having the food delivered the evening before or the evening we arrive? Will they hold the groceries overnight?

Yes. Bell Services will hold the food for 24 hours. We had ours delivered the night before in October.

Don't know about delivery hours, but proceed with caution re We Go Shop. Many people reported that she double billed them and didn't seem to care. The thread is on the DVC Mouscellaneous board.

I highly discourage you from using wegoshop. I used them for 7 years successfully and then Amy brought her husband on. HORRIBLE customer service. Since then there have been several reports of delayed delivery and worse over charging and even double charging. Use caution.

Thanks for the warning - I'll be sure to stick with Dizzy Dolphin. (Guess I will ask them about timing - if YC/BC won't accept groceries until 4:30pm, I may opt to have them delivered the night before, as Amy M suggested...)

@Hopefully... I don’t think it would hurt anything to send said fax, though. Would it? Especially for such an important day/event? I stated in my OP I would also be calling the week of. Don’t really need the negativity, thanks! :)

Last edited:
@Hopefully... I don’t think it would hurt anything to send said fax, though. Would it? Especially for such an important day/event? I stated in my OP I would also be calling the week of. Don’t really need the negativity, thanks! :)

It may, or may not "hurt anything" to send a fax -I really don't know, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I also didn't detect any negativity from @Hopefully so I'm not quite sure why you would qualify the comment as such.

It may, or may not "hurt anything" to send a fax -I really don't know, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I also didn't detect any negativity from @Hopefully so I'm not quite sure why you would qualify the comment as such.

My apologies, then. It just seemed as though the post was being critical of the previously offered, helpful suggestion rather than offering personal experiences or advice.

What negativity? I was trying to help. To quote you I don’t need the negativity. Sorry I tried.

My apologies, then. It just seemed as though the post was being critical of the previously offered, helpful suggestion rather than offering personal experiences or advice.

Thanks!!
Dizzy typically delivers in the morning and leaves your items with bell services. And if you want Trader Joes, they will by golly GET you Trader Joes. Or anything else you want. :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

Huh? That's strange because that's only an hour for them to deliver to anyone? Not sure if that is right. To answer your question though, we used Instacart and you can schedule them to deliver anytime you want during the day.

Hopefully, sorry you haven't had luck with the Touring Plans fax suggestion. The last two times we faxed to the Poly , most recently in October 2017, we had specific longhouse, floor and room requests that were granted. I know it's not a guarantee but why not?

Hopefully, sorry you haven't had luck with the Touring Plans fax suggestion. The last two times we faxed to the Poly , most recently in October 2017, we had specific longhouse, floor and room requests that were granted. I know it's not a guarantee but why not?
I’ve heard that some resorts will read the room request faxes and other resorts won’t. We have had good luck with sending a fax to Port Orleans Riverside but never bothered sending one to the Beach Club.

Huh? That's strange because that's only an hour for them to deliver to anyone? Not sure if that is right. To answer your question though, we used Instacart and you can schedule them to deliver anytime you want during the day.

For whatever reason, YC limited Garden Grocer's delivery window. I've ordered from GG for years and we have our first stay at YC starting tomorrow. I requested a different delivery time, but they responded that they can only deliver during the time period that YC set for them, so that's when they deliver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter