Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Interesting question. I haven't shipped anything to the resort so I don't have first hand knowledge, but there is info about shipping items to the resort on Page 1 of this thread. Either Post 13 (FAQ) or 14 (Other Useful Info)

In general, if you ship using USPS (United States Postal Service), packages will be sent to the front desk of the resort. Use address in the post referenced above. I'm not sure if there is a limit to the size of the package they are able to receive. Does anyone know? Several years ago, someone sent pool noodles to themselves at the resort but I'm not sure if any rules have changed in the past few years.

If you use any other courier- UPS or FedEx, the package will be sent to the YC Convention Center- There will be a processing fee based on the weight of our package and there are limited hours of operation when you can physically pick up the package, so if it will be delivered on a weekend or holiday, you may not have access to the package.

::yes::
Thank you. I will go USPS route then.

@horselover - we had the chips in the YC Club a couple of weeks ago! Sooooooooo good.

We were at Beach Club in January of this year and the holiday decorations were up on Thursday night after New Year's, but gone on Friday morning -- so you should be in luck!
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE!!! Fingers crossed!!!!

IMHO, the new menu at the Ale and Compass Lounge is slightly strange and way too heavy on the seafood side - about 45% of the selections are seafood. I'll miss being able to get a burger there.

With that much seafood on the menu, there will most likely be an aroma a la Cape May Cafe. Will guests want to sit in the lounge relaxing, sipping their drinks, in that environment?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-lounge/menus/

Hi everyone, hope you had a really nice turkey day!

I'm so excited to join this group once again as we booked a week long trip back at the Yacht Club for June 2018! I thought our last trip was our last to Disney but after talking to our DS he'd rather do Disney than the beach this summer- woohoo!!!! I'm so excited to be back here and chat with all of you :):):)

IMHO, the new menu at the Ale and Compass Lounge is slightly strange and way too heavy on the seafood side - about 45% of the selections are seafood. I'll miss being able to get a burger there.

With that much seafood on the menu, there will most likely be an aroma a la Cape May Cafe. Will guests want to sit in the lounge relaxing, sipping their drinks, in that environment?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-lounge/menus/

I've never been to a seafood restaurant that smells like Cape May Cafe - I'd think that smell is more because of the buffet aspect than the seafood alone.

Page 1105-1106

I have the best husband ever. Of course, other people's opinions may vary.

So, we last left the saga with DH and I looking for flights, trying to decide between Universal or Disney for Easter weekend. Flights went on sale this week, and the verdict was Universal. Sad, but it would at least be something different, and Express Pass would ease the pain of the holiday crowds.

Then, yesterday we got a wedding invite in the mail for one of his university buddies, who we haven't seen regularly in a couple years because the girlfriend (now fiancée) doesn't really like any of her boyfriend's friends. And the wedding is on our May long weekend. And DH hates weddings to begin with, so this looked like a painful experience.

Then the brilliant man came up with an idea. "Hey, you haven't cancelled that Disney reservation yet. Any chance of moving it to May?"

Rapid surfing and changing and negotiating ensued, and resulted in (currently) AKL with the Ultimate Nights tour to do the Pandora stuff. APs will be purchased, and we'll swap to BC if there's a good deal. Then, we'll come to BC for sure for a long weekend in the fall to do the new Toy Story land and F&W. And maybe a spring trip, since we'll have the APs anyway.

So, AKL May 18-21, with a (hopefully) switch to BC when an AP deal is released. And Universal March 29-April 2 at RPR before that. Woo hoo! Best husband ever. I'm glad he hates weddings. I think I owe the happy couple a nice gift...

WOW!!!

Sounds like an awesome upcoming year of visits.

:smickey: pixiedust:

Well we are on our last night here at BC and it has been fabulous as always! Ill post about our room later, but for now I'll post a few holiday pictures of both BC and YC :cloud9:.

Thanks so much for the pictures! Glad you had a great stay!

:goodvibes

So I have some interesting news,

1. I am at the 4 week mark til we check in for Christmas, scary thought as it is

2. I currently have a phone interview set for thursday for a role at WDW, even more of a scary thought , would be a huge change to from visiting the mouse to working for it.

Good luck with the interview!

:thumbsup2

Thank You for the welcome! We do have a stay coming up 2/11-2/15 BCV first time at the villa.

Got it! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Hi everyone, hope you had a really nice turkey day!

I'm so excited to join this group once again as we booked a week long trip back at the Yacht Club for June 2018! I thought our last trip was our last to Disney but after talking to our DS he'd rather do Disney than the beach this summer- woohoo!!!! I'm so excited to be back here and chat with all of you :):):)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I think I may have called the wrong 'resort.' YC instead of BC? Should I call again but to 8000 or just assume all good...

You can't really call the "wrong one" as it's actually operated as a single resort. The separate phone number really just tells the agent how to answer the phone.

1. Thank you everyone who has wished me luck, nervous already and I still have about 3 days til I am on the phone with someone, if I am offered a role I will make sure to mention it.

2. My dates are right , so if anyone is there and would like to meet up for a drink one night and talk Disney let me know.

We returned Saturday night from a great Thanksgiving week stay at the BC. Our room was a standard with a view of a roof top which was expected and just fine. Our room was clean and in good shape although this is my second stay since the refurb and I still miss the old rooms:sad1:

CM were overall nice and helpful and the holiday decorations were beautiful. The lobby was crowded every day but I expected that. Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May was not very good and we will probably not eat dinner there again as this is our second time. BF is always great!

It was a bit chilly for me but the kids swam a few times and the weather was mild.

One small irritating thing was the coke freestyle machines. There are 2 and only 1 had ice all week long. This made the lines back up all the time at the one. Kinda annoying.

We did not have a reservation at Beaches ans Cream but I stopped by after swimming and asked about the wait. We were told we could be seated at the bar within 45 min. This was perfect bc we had time to get changed and come back down. This made the wait minimal and was a great way to eat there since I could not secure a reservation. Our best meal was Il Mulino and we will definitely return.

The week was very crowded but great. Happy to be back at the Beach Club!

Edit: I copied and pasted my post from another thread before I realized someone posted a link to my post here already.

Update: someone from guest relations is suppose to call me today to discuss the matter further.

I originally spoke with someone who was obviously at a call center and when he heard my concern he put me on hold for almost 5 min and I spoke with someone here at the resort. She assured me that this will be addressed and that someone will call me today to discuss it further because it was so late last night. I only wished I would have recorded the incident......

Last edited:
Flew out from MCO on Thanksgiving evening & arrived back in the UK the following morning after 10 nights at the Yacht Club, so we are both suffering from a serious case of post Disney blues at the moment. :sad:

It had been three years since our last visit so a lot had changed at the resort, we had booked a lagoon view room & were on the 4th floor pretty much bang in line with the lighthouse so the view across to the BW was stunning, we finished every evening by sitting out on the balcony looking across at the lights & had breakfast looking out there every morning as well.

We loved the new rooms, a huge improvement over the old ones in our opinion, especially the new furniture & bathroom, the USB power sockets are also a great addition.
We are both neat freaks so the ability to store our suitcases under the beds was a huge bonus, mouse keeping kept our room in tip top condition, we did miss the towel sculptures though.
Our only complaint would be that with the exception of the framed picture on the wall there was nothing to identify it as a room in a Disney hotel, surely they could have kept or updated the Mickey lamps from the old rooms?

Almost every cast member that we encountered in the hotel was top notch & went above & beyond what we would expect.
The only exception being the cast member who checked us in & neglected to attach my credit card to our magic bands correctly (We found out in Epcot when we tried to buy something which resulted in a quick run back to the YC for yours truly to get it resolved).
She also asked me to confirm our address in Hammersmith, London, (We live in Ascot) it took me a few seconds to realise that she was looking at the Disney UK office address which I assume was on the booking, I gave up trying to explain to her what our actual address was in the end because she could not get her head around what I was trying to say to her.
I assume that we aren’t the first people to stay there from the UK who have booked through Disney UK so this should not have caused the confusion that it did.

We were on the dining package so made use of the coffee machines in the Market at Ale & Compass every morning, we also used the soft drink machines later in the day, snack credits were used to purchase pastries each morning as well.
We visited the Crews Cup lounge a few times & found the cast members to be as good as we remembered from our previous visit, dinner in the Yachtsman was also as memorable as our last meal in there.

The Christmas elves were gathering in the lobby along with a load of decorations when we returned from a late night at the Magic Kingdom one evening so when we came down in the morning, Christmas had arrived.
The decorations & tree looked fantastic without being over the top, the lobby looked stunning when you walked in through the front door.

The resort & in particular the lobby never felt busy or crowded unlike some of the other resorts we visited, there was a welcoming feeling of calm & tranquillity each & every time we walked in, how they manage it I don’t know, as for that “Yacht Club Smell”, I don’t know what it is but we both wished that we could purchase it & take it home to the UK with us.

I used the gym a few times & found it spotlessly clean with a great mix of machines & weights & plenty of clean towels.
We spent some time out by the pool & access was strictly controlled by cast members which was good to see.

We walked to Epcot & got the boat & walked to Hollywood Studios, the bus service to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom & Disney Springs was okay if somewhat flaky at times with the board at the bus stop seemingly changing the time of the next bus to various locations randomly.
We lost count of the times it would suddenly change the time of the next bus to 5 or 10 minutes later when it was showing a minute till the next one, first world problems I know but they really need to sort that out.

I also felt sorry for people waiting at the BC as there were a few times when the bus from the YC was so crowded that only a few people were able to board when the bus stopped there.
Does the BC get their own busses at busy times?

We had hired a car so drove as & when we felt like it & used Uber a few times, we also used a Mini Van to get to the Magic Kingdom for fireworks on our last evening which was very cool & I highly recommend trying the service out if you get a chance.

Before we arrived we had decided to do a split stay between the YC & another deluxe resort on our next visit in 2019, so made a point of visiting the Poly, Contemporary, Grand Floridian & Wilderness Lodge to narrow down our choices.
The Poly & Contemporary were both zoo’s & very, very noisy at the times we visited them so we ruled them out, WL was lovely but not having the option to walk anywhere else was the deciding factor for it being dropped from our list.
The GF was stunning, we really love the resort but it just didn’t feel as nice as the YC, we will stay there one time but not on our next trip.

In summary, we have decided that the YC is our Orlando home away from home, we fell for the resort massively this time & can’t wait until our next trip over the pond in 2019.

We have some exciting travel plans for next year which unfortunately do not involve America or Orlando so we will have to wait until 2019 until we return.
In the meantime we will continue to follow along & contribute to this fantastic thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter