Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I can attest that this is a very good phone number for calling in room requests, if your check-in date is about 5-9 days away. You may not end up speaking with the back office at the resort (I believe they may answer with something like "guest services"), but the CM will ask for your name and check-in date and your room requests. When checking in at the Front Desk, I have always found those room requests have been notated in my reservation. There is hardly ever a wait for a CM to answer, when calling this phone number, unlike when calling the Disney reservations line to add room requests.
This is exactly what happened to me an hour ago. I called the number ending in 407-934-7000 for beach club and they answered with "guest services." What threw me for a loop though is that she got all my info - name arrival date and requests and then transferred me to another "guest services" that took all the same info again.

I think I may have called the wrong 'resort.' YC instead of BC? Should I call again but to 8000 or just assume all good...

Positive note I am up to post 1098

If you have TSA PreCheck, they will pick you up a half hour later, if you call them and ask.

So, now, instead of being picked up almost 4-1/2 hours prior to scheduled departure time, they will pick me up a bit under 4 hours prior to departure. That's with my resort being the second stop!

For anyone who has not signed up for PreCheck and travels at least a couple of times a year, I highly recommend signing up. The $85 fee covers five years of travel. I've never had to wait more than about two minutes in the PreCheck line at MCO. Not having to remove shoes and being able to leave laptop and bag of liquids in carry-on are extra bonuses.
great to know. We also have PreCheck. did you call Magical Express directly and how far in advance?

Used a TA to book this trip so can I even call about this? Maybe wait until on property?

I have the best husband ever. Of course, other people's opinions may vary.

So, we last left the saga with DH and I looking for flights, trying to decide between Universal or Disney for Easter weekend. Flights went on sale this week, and the verdict was Universal. Sad, but it would at least be something different, and Express Pass would ease the pain of the holiday crowds.

Then, yesterday we got a wedding invite in the mail for one of his university buddies, who we haven't seen regularly in a couple years because the girlfriend (now fiancée) doesn't really like any of her boyfriend's friends. And the wedding is on our May long weekend. And DH hates weddings to begin with, so this looked like a painful experience.

Then the brilliant man came up with an idea. "Hey, you haven't cancelled that Disney reservation yet. Any chance of moving it to May?"

Rapid surfing and changing and negotiating ensued, and resulted in (currently) AKL with the Ultimate Nights tour to do the Pandora stuff. APs will be purchased, and we'll swap to BC if there's a good deal. Then, we'll come to BC for sure for a long weekend in the fall to do the new Toy Story land and F&W. And maybe a spring trip, since we'll have the APs anyway.

So, AKL May 18-21, with a (hopefully) switch to BC when an AP deal is released. And Universal March 29-April 2 at RPR before that. Woo hoo! Best husband ever. I'm glad he hates weddings. I think I owe the happy couple a nice gift...

great to know. We also have PreCheck. did you call Magical Express directly and how far in advance?
Used a TA to book this trip so can I even call about this? Maybe wait until on property?
I would not wait to call, if you have your flights booked.
You can call them directly, at (866) 599-0951, during normal business hours, explain that you have PreCheck, and would appreciate a slightly later pick-up time from your resort. After you give them your resort confirmation number, they can look up the pick-up time assigned to your reservation.

When I called, the representative placed me on hold, while she checked with her supervisor. When she came back on the line, she said that they can pick me up 30 minutes later, than the original time.

I can only reference my own experience, but, hopefully, they are able to provide this courtesy to others, under similar conditions.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Captain's Grille Memorial Page

July 2017: Changes/Name Change for Captain's Grille to Ale & Compass, updates to lounge, Market at Ale & Compass
Changes Coming to the Yacht Club Dining Scene, Disney Park Blog, July 2017

View attachment 249443
Ale & Compass Restaurant (Formerly Captain's Grille)

View attachment 249444

Ale & Compass Lounge

October 2017

Yachtsman Restaurant will be open for casual-style breakfast and lunch offerings from October 2-November 1 while Captain's Grille is closed for refurbishment:

Yachtsman Breakfast and Lunch

Last edited:

Does the salon here do hair and make up for photo session?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort?

Good question about the salon. They can definitely do a hair style. I'm not sure about makeup. I'm not aware that they offer that service, but I have never checked.

My recommendation is to call (can you call the salon directly, or just the reservations line... I don't know)

We have very few reviews of the salon services- I'll post all of the info I have about the spa/salon services in the next post.

:goodvibes

Good question about the salon. They can definitely do a hair style. I'm not sure about makeup. I'm not aware that they offer that service, but I have never checked.

My recommendation is to call (can you call the salon directly, or just the reservations line... I don't know)

We have very few reviews of the salon services- I'll post all of the info I have about the spa/salon services in the next post.

Not my area of expertise, but here's what's listed on their site for services. Makeup is listed.

Salon Services
Located next to Ship Shape Massage - Salon - Fitness, this salon offers services for men, women and children. Stylists are pleased to provide you with the “finishing touch” to your magical Resort experience.

Salon services:

• Ladies Haircut and Blow-dry
    Starting at $80
  • Gentlemen's Haircut
    Starting at $45
  • Children's Haircut
    Starting at $20
  • Bang Trim
    Starting at $15
  • Color Touch-up
    Starting at $50
  • Full Color
    Starting at $80
  • Full Foil
    Starting at $130
  • Partial Foil
    Starting at $90
  • Scalp Massage with Conditioning Treatment
    Starting at $40
  • Shampoo & Blow-dry
    Starting at $55
  • Shampoo & Set
    Starting at $55
  • Updos (2 hours - Includes Bridal Consultation)
    Starting at $80
  • Makeup
    Starting at $75
Nail services:

• Manicure
    Starting at $35
  • Pedicure
    Starting at $55
  • Paraffin Treatment Upgrade
    Starting at $20

Spa and Beauty Salon

Periwig's Beauty and Barber Shop, a unisex salon, is located between Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resort. Hours are Monday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Call (407) 934-3260 for information.

Price List, July 2013

Niki Bryan Spa info and price list
Reservations: 407-934-3256

If anyone has REVIEWS of the spa or beauty salon, I would love to post them here:

Request for Reviews

February 2016
Wanted to report that DD and I tried Ship Shape Salon for haircuts. Fabulous service and beautiful haircuts. They even gave my daughter an Elsa braid and pixie dust in her hair. If you don't want to spend on BBB this is the way to go. A trim, complimentary braid and pixie dust on cost 24.00. My hairdresser even put some pixie dust in my daughter's Elsa doll. It was quite the treat. My haircut was a lot more expensive as an adult but it was very well done and relaxing. Also, the hairdresser said they have Princess packages as well for kids.

Oct 2014
DW made her way to the Ship Shape Spa for her massage. This spa does not advertise well at all that it offers massages and facials in addition to exercise facilities. Our last two stays at BCV or BWV, DW has walked to the Mandara Spa located at the Swan & Dolphin for a massage. This is much closer, especially when staying at the BCV and according to DW, the massage was just as good if not a little better than what she has experienced at Mandara. No pics from the spa but they do offer a DVC discount.

I've done the mani/pedi at Periwigs.. DD has had a massage at the Ship Shape Club. DD said it's the best massage she's had and she's had a lot!! I forget the name of the girl, but my daughter said she was so good that she actually went back a few days later for another! The mani/pedi was not what I'm used to... I always have that done before I go to Disney. I have however had reflexology at SSR and that was pretty good. ~N

Spa was very nice. Pedi prices were in line with the nice spas by me in NJ, not nail places, but spas. It was 55 plus gratuity for 45 minutes. The 15% AP discount made it even nicer. The massage chairs are comfortable and my feet felt refreshed. Staff was very helpful & friendly. Not a huge selection of polishes, but enough. It was definitely a relaxing atmosphere, but I was basically the only client!!! I would go back for sure.

Review of pedicure from Ship Shape Spa at Y&BC

If I wanted to ship our wrapped Christmas presents to the Yacht Club what would be the best way to do that?
I'm thinking just putting them in one large box all together.
We usually carry them with us but we have a packed vehicle this year.

Thanks

If I wanted to ship our wrapped Christmas presents to the Yacht Club what would be the best way to do that?
I'm thinking just putting them in one large box all together.
We usually carry them with us but we have a packed vehicle this year.

Thanks

Interesting question. I haven't shipped anything to the resort so I don't have first hand knowledge, but there is info about shipping items to the resort on Page 1 of this thread. Either Post 13 (FAQ) or 14 (Other Useful Info)

In general, if you ship using USPS (United States Postal Service), packages will be sent to the front desk of the resort. Use address in the post referenced above. I'm not sure if there is a limit to the size of the package they are able to receive. Does anyone know? Several years ago, someone sent pool noodles to themselves at the resort but I'm not sure if any rules have changed in the past few years.

If you use any other courier- UPS or FedEx, the package will be sent to the YC Convention Center- There will be a processing fee based on the weight of our package and there are limited hours of operation when you can physically pick up the package, so if it will be delivered on a weekend or holiday, you may not have access to the package.

::yes::

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort?

Thank You for the welcome! We do have a stay coming up 2/11-2/15 BCV first time at the villa.

Not my area of expertise, but here's what's listed on their site for services. Makeup is listed.

Salon Services
Located next to Ship Shape Massage - Salon - Fitness, this salon offers services for men, women and children. Stylists are pleased to provide you with the “finishing touch” to your magical Resort experience.

Salon services:

• Ladies Haircut and Blow-dry
    Starting at $80
  • Gentlemen's Haircut
    Starting at $45
  • Children's Haircut
    Starting at $20
  • Bang Trim
    Starting at $15
  • Color Touch-up
    Starting at $50
  • Full Color
    Starting at $80
  • Full Foil
    Starting at $130
  • Partial Foil
    Starting at $90
  • Scalp Massage with Conditioning Treatment
    Starting at $40
  • Shampoo & Blow-dry
    Starting at $55
  • Shampoo & Set
    Starting at $55
  • Updos (2 hours - Includes Bridal Consultation)
    Starting at $80
  • Makeup
    Starting at $75
Nail services:

• Manicure
    Starting at $35
  • Pedicure
    Starting at $55
  • Paraffin Treatment Upgrade
    Starting at $20
Thank you!

@horselover - we had the chips in the YC Club a couple of weeks ago! Sooooooooo good.

Beautiful! We will be at Beach Club Jan 3-9. I have my fingers crossed this is still up!

We were at Beach Club in January of this year and the holiday decorations were up on Thursday night after New Year's, but gone on Friday morning -- so you should be in luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter