• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm glad we're staying at BC. I love dogs, but I don't want to have to deal with them on vacation. In my opinion, they should stay home. Why would anyone put a dog through this- staying in a crate all day in an unfamiliar place. Dealing with all kind of noises, including fireworks, doors closing, people walking and talking in the hallways. What happens if a dog barks all day when the owner is at the park? Does the owner get a call telling them to come take care of the dog?

Like I said, I love dogs but they should stay home or in a kennel where someone can take care of them.
I totally agree with your thoughts. I think we will change our plans to the BC if possible. It's nice that there are dog friendly hotels, but WDW is a place where folks generally don't stay in their room most of the day for their stay. Disney is pretty upfront on allowing 1.5 hours to get most places on property. It could be a long wait between when owners get a "there's a problem" call from the resort and when they finally get back to take care of their pets.

Alright I know the whole dog thing has everyone going but again lets me state this fact its an extra $75 PER night , that $75 will add up quick and I doubt there will be any way to get that wavied, so dont expect to many dogs around the YC, normal trip for us that would add on almost $300 and at the much might as well stay another night. or get a club level room

7 hours unattended allowed! That’s crazy! I couldn’t leave my dogs alone for 7 hours at home, much less a strange place, with lots of odd noises. They would potty on the floor, bark, & genuinely be stressed & miserable.
For reference, I have 3 small, extremely spoiled (they think they’re children & I’m pretty sure one believes she rules the house), clothes wearing dogs, ages ranging from 14-3yrs old.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm thinking that Disney was "pressured" to offer this. I'm not sure by who; guests or some other group, but feel that there is some sort of trigger besides local competition. The best way to respond to pressure is to "pilot" the feature and then you'll have concrete reasons for why or why not this is a good fit for Disney. It's much easier to defend with real life situations [evidence] than to speculate why something theoretically does not work for Disney in this case. Give it a couple of months to see what actually transpires, but in my mind it's just a response for defense purposes.
If this was the case, then why is the "pilot" for an entire year?

If this was the case, then why is the "pilot" for an entire year?
A pilot has to be for some duration. 1 year gives them a better sampling of requests, issues, and covers all seasons for WDW. If you limited the pilot to 3 or 6 months, the critics or should I say proponents for the program would have an argument saying that "you should have tried it in the summer months".

Alright I know the whole dog thing has everyone going but again lets me state this fact its an extra $75 PER night , that $75 will add up quick and I doubt there will be any way to get that wavied, so dont expect to many dogs around the YC, normal trip for us that would add on almost $300 and at the much might as well stay another night. or get a club level room

I think you're right. It is great that Disney can say they offer it as an amenity, but for a lot of reasons, I think most pet owners will not be utilizing the option.

::yes::

A pilot has to be for some duration. 1 year gives them a better sampling of requests, issues, and covers all seasons for WDW. If you limited the pilot to 3 or 6 months, the critics or should I say proponents for the program would have an argument saying that "you should have tried it in the summer months".
Sounds like you have an opinion as to where the pressure might be coming from but are reluctant to say... ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter