Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

HI guys! I'm usually on the runDisney boards but I thought I'd pop in on your thread. I lurk here for trip planning sometimes. We have stayed at the Yacht Club before and kids fell in love with the pool. DH fell in love with popping into WS for a yummy snack whenever he wants :)
We are staying at the Beach Club this time for the marathon, trying out the other side and hoping it's a good location to spectate the race for family and getting to/from the race for me. Can't wait to get a Dole Whip by the pool.

I believe the Dole Whips were only by the pool for a short time. They haven't been seen in quite awhile now.

Momabaarjo l'm not 100% sure but I think the gentleman greeter is called Al. He was really good fun and asked me to "go the prom" with him much to my husband's amusement last time we were there and then walked me from checkin desk to guest services to avoid waiting in the queue :)
Truly a lovely guy :)

HI guys! I'm usually on the runDisney boards but I thought I'd pop in on your thread. I lurk here for trip planning sometimes. We have stayed at the Yacht Club before and kids fell in love with the pool. DH fell in love with popping into WS for a yummy snack whenever he wants :)
We are staying at the Beach Club this time for the marathon, trying out the other side and hoping it's a good location to spectate the race for family and getting to/from the race for me. Can't wait to get a Dole Whip by the pool.

We are staying at Beach Club as well while there to run Goofy. So excited to be there!! Two weeks from today we will arrive.

Anyone ever use Amazon Prime or Prime Now at BC? Thinking of sending a pic of water, etc. it would go to the business center, right? Would I be able to have it retrieved upon check-in?

Anyone ever use Amazon Prime or Prime Now at BC? Thinking of sending a pic of water, etc. it would go to the business center, right? Would I be able to have it retrieved upon check-in?

In my experience, DH had to go to the Convention Center and pick up our package, it was not delivered to us.
What day of the week are you arriving? The Convention Center hours are very limited on weekends, so retrieving your package can be a challenge until the weekdays.
All that said, does Amazon deliver to the Convention Center like shipped packages, or to Bell Services? That will make a huge difference.

In my experience, DH had to go to the Convention Center and pick up our package, it was not delivered to us.
What day of the week are you arriving? The Convention Center hours are very limited on weekends, so retrieving your package can be a challenge until the weekdays.
All that said, does Amazon deliver to the Convention Center like shipped packages, or to Bell Services? That will make a huge difference.

Well, we always send down a package with our toiletries. My mom has been on the phone constantly making sure that she'll be able to retrieve it when we arrive tomorrow (Saturday). I can always place the order and have it come on Monday or Tuesday to be safe.

I have not used either service, but I believe that Amazon Prime orders are delivered to the Convention Center and must be picked up during the limited hours the center is open.

I think the Amazon Prime Now orders are delivered to the resort, so it can be picked up (from bell services????) (or maybe delivered to your room????)

The resort gift shops at Disney are now selling cases of water for a "reasonable" price. Around $7 for 24 bottles of Dasani water.

Gallons of water are also available for purchase if you bring a reusable bottle with you. I purchase a gallon of water, get some ice in the morning and I am good to go to the parks.

:goodvibes

A few pictures of the Carousel that I took yesterday:

20161220_133851_zpsv0eebxxn.jpg

20161220_133921_zpsd1nbjqj2.jpg

20161220_133934_zpsfappukqk.jpg

20161220_133947_zpshipxmwcg.jpg

20161220_134000_zpsenxidwsw.jpg

20161220_134046_zpslwl0tcya.jpg

17 Gold Mickey's and the best I could do was 13. :)
We could only find 15....and spent far too much time doing so! But the carousel is beautiful this year :)

I have not used either service, but I believe that Amazon Prime orders are delivered to the Convention Center and must be picked up during the limited hours the center is open.

I think the Amazon Prime Now orders are delivered to the resort, so it can be picked up (from bell services????) (or maybe delivered to your room????)

The resort gift shops at Disney are now selling cases of water for a "reasonable" price. Around $7 for 24 bottles of Dasani water.

Gallons of water are also available for purchase if you bring a reusable bottle with you. I purchase a gallon of water, get some ice in the morning and I am good to go to the parks.

:goodvibes

$7 isn't terrible all things considered. Thanks for the info!

Alright folks! I'm on the Magical Express en route to Beach Club!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter