Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's December 26 and we still have not seen or experienced the infamous crowds. Hollywood Studios was busy on Xmas eve, but there were several shows going on to draw in people and the park is cut down in size due to construction. Still not bad. We used FP and saw Star Wars and Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM.

Went to AK yesterday to see my nephew (character attendant) and do a few rides. Busy there, but not crazy packed.

It's been a really nice trip!

Oh, and I also heard the hotel is at 50% capacity.
I've always wanted to go over Christmas (teacher), but the crowds have always intimidated me. I'm glad you are having a great time!

Just have a good plan, be willing to arrive early (MK had morning EMH at 7:00 am) and use FP wisely. I also made more table service plans than usual, so we could have a break.

We are just back from a quick 4 night trip, from December 20-24. Overall, we had a fun time, and packed so much into our 3 1/2 park days. We stayed at the Beach Club for the first time, and our reservation was for a standard room. We loved this location, and walked many times to and from Epcot, and once to and from Hollywood Studios. Using the International Gateway is amazing, and is such a more relaxed feel from the main entrance.

I wanted to share a bit about a standard room, and 2 different locations that we had.

While we were still at the airport in the morning before our flight, I got a text that our room, 3722, was ready. My only request had been for a full balcony. We had 5 people on our reservation originally, but at the last minute our 2 older kids opted to not go, so it ended up just being 3 of us. I was able to find a picture of our room view, and it was not good. While this room had a balcony, you really wouldn't want to sit on it because you were essentially on the roof. So, I called the number provided, and just asked if there was anything with less of a roof view. I also mentioned that we could either do a King or 2 Queen room, since we were now a party of 3. We would also go without a balcony, and wouldn't be arriving until late afternoon. The person I spoke with was not only not helpful at all (her response was "Well you DID book a roof or parking lot view"), her attitude really put me off. She said that there wasn't anything better as a standard room. We agreed to just live with it, as we wouldn't be in our room a ton.

The location of 3722 is generally good, once you find the staircase located by Cape May, but what was vastly the worst part was that you could hear the noise from the bus stop out front constantly. Because the parks were open late and also very early, it was crazy annoying. We even brought our own fan, and we could still hear that loud bus brake noise.

In the morning, I went downstairs at about 8 a.m. and asked if there was anything else available that was quieter. The hotel didn't feel full at all, and sure enough, a much better room was available immediately, and we moved our things to room 3681, which was also a standard room with a full balcony and 2 queens and a daybed. This room was great! Nice view, above Cape May with a staircase right around the corner. Very quiet, except during the afternoon when the pool party was going on, but we thought that was fun.

I have no idea why they put us in that first room and wouldn't move us when this much nicer one was available in the same category. A huge miss on their part, because it really turned us off from staying there again.

Service was below average. Our room was not cleaned at all. The first full day they came so late that we were getting ready to head out to dinner so we just grabbed fresh towels from them. The second day they never came at all, but we just let it go because we were leaving in the morning. Our safe malfunctioned one day, and it took close to an hour for a manager to come to fix it, which is so frustrating to just sit and wait for them.

I get it that it's a busy time of year, but after paying premium holiday prices to stay there, we expected better. We are not people with unrealistic expectations, and this certainly didn't ruin our trip by any means, but clearly they have some service issues there.

We were lucky to have some nice warm days, and that pool is great! Loved the sand bottom, and that it has shallow areas for little kids, but also deep areas.

I've included a couple pictures of 3722 first, and then 3681.

IMG_7137.JPG IMG_7167.JPG

Based on your pictures, it certainly appears you were upgraded 2 levels to a water view room. Your first picture is the Standard view you booked, the second is a water view. Nice Pixie Dust!!
Sorry you were disappointed with the room you booked.

Based on your pictures, it certainly appears you were upgraded 2 levels to a water view room. Your first picture is the Standard view you booked, the second is a water view. Nice Pixie Dust!!
Sorry you were disappointed with the room you booked.

Touring Plans lists 3681 as a standard view, and so does our bill. I agree that this is a good view for a standard room, and my point in posting the pictures was to show the differences in standard views. Since both rooms were empty on check-in day, it's worth it to ask if anything else is available without an upgrade.

We could have used some pixie dust to get it cleaned :)

Wow! That's one heck of an upgrade you got there. What a generous Christmas gift for your family!

No upgrade, isn't that interesting? The picture may be a bit deceptive, in that directly ahead of your balcony is all roof. I took the picture of the view to the left, which is very nice. It is a great room for a standard view, and I hope that the pictures help someone else if they booked a standard view.

No upgrade, isn't that interesting? The picture may be a bit deceptive, in that directly ahead of your balcony is all roof. I took the picture of the view to the left, which is very nice. It is a great room for a standard view, and I hope that the pictures help someone else if they booked a standard view.

Not trying to start anything, I just don't want others reading this to have unrealistic expectations. That room is not classified as a Standard View room. As far as WDW is concerned, it is classified as a Pool/Lagoon View.

Not trying to start anything, I just don't want others reading this to have unrealistic expectations. That room is not classified as a Standard View room. As far as WDW is concerned, it is classified as a Pool/Lagoon View.

Really? How do you find that out? I'm only going off our bill, which lists the room number and says standard view, and the Touring Plans room finder thing which lists it as standard view. I agree, I don't want to be misleading, either.

Really? How do you find that out? I'm only going off our bill, which lists the room number and says standard view, and the Touring Plans room finder thing which lists it as standard view. I agree, I don't want to be misleading, either.

I have family currently working at Beach Club.

Touring Plans room finder is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room classifications and amenities. When you get a pixie dust upgrade your bill will always show the original room type you booked.

I agree that is not a Standard View but rather a major upgrade

Touring Plans classifications are not accurate
I hope you were able to enjoy this room. Sorry about your Mousekeeping dissatisfaction.

The person I spoke with was not only not helpful at all (her response was "Well you DID book a roof or parking lot view"), her attitude really put me off. She said that there wasn't anything better as a standard room.
View attachment 211716 View attachment 211717

I hate to say it, but the person on the phone didn't have an attitude. It sounds like she was telling the truth. A standard view at BC is a rooftop or parking lot view. I'm curious as to why you thought you should have been moved to an upgraded room that you didn't pay for just because one was available and you didn't like the view in the room you did pay for. :confused3
By that logic....there's a ton of Mercedes available at the lot next to the one where I bought my Ford.....I mean...should they have just put me in a Mercedes because it was available, even though I had a Ford budget?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter