Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I interrupt this thread for an important announcement:

My granddaughter, Kameryn Sloane, made her debut into this world at 12:18 AM today, weighing in at 7 lbs and 4 oz and measuring 20 inches.

Her first trip to WDW is scheduled for June 2016.

(Anyone catch the movie reference in her name?)

I now return you to regular thread programming...

Congratulations to your family! Thanks for sharing the happy news.

:grouphug:

Yesterday I got in my head that I wanted to take a quick trip to disney for my birthday in March.

A Quick, cheap trip....
The cheap part didn't last long and now I'm booked! (I was able to use the RO discount...which is how I justified this!)

March 10-13 at YC!

I stayed at the BC three years ago with my parents and sister for my 21st birthday.
Now I'll be staying at the YC for my 24th with my Husband! Wowweeee a lot has happened in three years!

Since it is such a short trip, I want to feel like I'm immersed in the magic...so naturally, being within walking/boating distances of two parks fits that bill!

I interrupt this thread for an important announcement:

My granddaughter, Kameryn Sloane, made her debut into this world at 12:18 AM today, weighing in at 7 lbs and 4 oz and measuring 20 inches.

Her first trip to WDW is scheduled for June 2016.

(Anyone catch the movie reference in her name?)

I now return you to regular thread programming...

Many congratulations to you all. Love that her 1st trip is booked already :)

We are currently in BCV Room 338, which overlooks the pool. Although there have been many complaints about the state of the non-refurbed rooms, we are happy with our choice. We came from 3 nights at BLT, and there are some definite differences between the two. Most notably, the lack of a second bathroom, lack of a pullout chair bed, and the older couch pullout bed (my 2 year old son is sleeping on it). We feel like the decor and layout here feels more homey, though, and we like the shower a lot more. Really close to Epcot, too.

DS has a cold right now, so I ordered some cold medicine and diapers from Amazon. They were delivered this morning to the business center, and we have had a hard time getting them delivered to our room. Plus, there is a delivery fee by weight, which I wasn't aware of. I guess I should have read up more on deliveries to the resort, but we had to have the medicine, so at least we got it.

We check out on Saturday, so we still get to enjoy our room a few more days.

We are currently in BCV Room 338, which overlooks the pool. Although there have been many complaints about the state of the non-refurbed rooms, we are happy with our choice. We came from 3 nights at BLT, and there are some definite differences between the two. Most notably, the lack of a second bathroom, lack of a pullout chair bed, and the older couch pullout bed (my 2 year old son is sleeping on it). We feel like the decor and layout here feels more homey, though, and we like the shower a lot more. Really close to Epcot, too.

DS has a cold right now, so I ordered some cold medicine and diapers from Amazon. They were delivered this morning to the business center, and we have had a hard time getting them delivered to our room. Plus, there is a delivery fee by weight, which I wasn't aware of. I guess I should have read up more on deliveries to the resort, but we had to have the medicine, so at least we got it.

I hope your little guy feels better soon. Thank you for posting about your experience. Enjoy the rest of your stay! :goodvibes

All we know so far is that the work on the club level lounge at the YC has been started. We have not seen a timetable for the work on that or the rest of the resort. After the lounge is completed, work will start on the 5th floor (club level) rooms. Then the regular rooms will be done, floor by floor starting on the 4th floor and working down.

I try to keep the very first post of this thread updated with the latest news on the renovations. There isn't much there now because we really haven't been given any info from the resort.

:goodvibes:

Thank you! Sounds like the renovations will be in progress when we are there in January and we are unlikely to get a renovated room since we are not staying club level. Ah well!

Thanks for letting us know about your stay so far.

Sorry to hear your little guy is not feeling well. :(

I know it is too late for you, but I believe that if you or others have a need for medicine or other items, you can have them delivered locally from Turner Drug Store to Disney resort hotels. I believe there is a minimal flat-fee delivery charge (like $7.50). I think items are delivered to the front desk of your resort.

:thumbsup2

has anyone heard about YC CL renovations schedule?

opps..I should have looked up one post!

Well, we got home Monday night from our F&WF long weekend - it was lots of fun but a long weekend never seems long enough!

Room 4641 was just perfect for us. Of course, I would've loved a full balcony, but the view was great and made us so happy. Here's a pretty sunrise photo from our last day:

image.jpeg

I took a photo of the room number for future reference, because we'd love to have this room again, and boy-oh-boy, did we fall in love with the BC! The rooms and hallways are lovely, it took under five minutes to walk to Epcot, and the beachy vibe is so relaxing. I just wish that with these renovations they'd leave more whimsical Disney touches - all I could find was hidden Mickeys on the shower curtain and sofa pillows, and a Mickey and Minnie print over the cabinet that houses the fridge. There were hidden Mickeys made out of bubbles on the hallway carpeting, too, but why do the designers think that upscale deluxe decor means taking so many of the Disney details away? Despite that, though, we loved the room. Hoping to do this again next year, but longer!

image.jpeg

I agree with others that the parks were definitely more crowded than this same weekend last year, but we enjoyed the MK on Friday and the F&WF on Saturday and Sunday...you just have to hit the International Gateway at 11, eat and drink until it starts getting crowded at about 1, then head to FW for your FP's. Works like a charm! Late afternoon, we'd be hot and head back to hit the awesome pool - so refreshing and relaxing! Then we headed back to the WS for dinner, La Hacienda and Via Napoli, two family faves. Oh! This was also our first time having dinner at California Grill - wow, what a meal!

Now that DD is older, and she loves the F&WF as much as we do, staying at the BC is just perfect for us. :cloud9:

:sunny:

We ate dinner at La Hacienda on Friday night. Three of us shared the meat platter for two and what we didn't finish the kids devoured. The corn was the big disappointment. Two years ago it was delicious but this year it was different. But the rest of the food was good.

We preferred eating lunch at Food & Wine rather than dinner. It was less crowded then and the food seemed fresher. One of our favorites was the loaded Mac and cheese. I think it was the bacon that made it taste so good. :)

We don't have any plans to return to the BC/YC yet. But I'm sure some cheap airfare and good discounts will get us back again. ;)

Up early and getting ready to head to airport. I will be back at work on 11/8. Thanks for all your well wishes. My bronchitis is doing better and meeting so many Disers the last two days at the BC got the happy feelings flowing and that's the best medicine in the world. See you on the 8th!
We check into the YC on the 7th, so I hope to meet you that week, especially since you'll be moving! Hope you have a safe and productive trip.

We ate dinner at La Hacienda on Friday night. Three of us shared the meat platter for two and what we didn't finish the kids devoured. The corn was the big disappointment. Two years ago it was delicious but this year it was different. But the rest of the food was good.

We preferred eating lunch at Food & Wine rather than dinner. It was less crowded then and the food seemed fresher. One of our favorites was the loaded Mac and cheese. I think it was the bacon that made it taste so good. :)

We don't have any plans to return to the BC/YC yet. But I'm sure some cheap airfare and good discounts will get us back again. ;)

Our family's favorites at La Hacienda are the queso fundido (DD goes crazy for this - I don't like cheese :duck: ) and the empanada appetizers, then the taquiza entree. I've been eating Paleo for the last few months, so the chicken entree was the best choice for me - it was moist and delicious!

We also like to do F&WF for lunch, then a TS dinner. It works really well for avoiding crowds when you only have Saturday and Sunday to visit the WS. DD's all-time favorite is still the schinken nudel at the Germany kiosk. It's the only thing she MUST have a second serving of on day two, and she looks forward to it for months!

:sunny:

DD's all-time favorite is still the schinken nudel at the Germany kiosk. It's the only thing she MUST have a second serving of on day two, and she looks forward to it for months!
We tried that dish, and it was pretty good. I had remembered that a lot of people liked that dish.

Our family's favorites at La Hacienda are the queso fundido
We had that appetizer when we ate there in March of 2014. It was really good. :)

Anyone ever stay in room 3681 at the BC. I'm checking out standard room views and this looks good

Any other recommendations?

I had a dream that I went to Target to purchase "cotton candy", even though it looked like rolls of toilet paper to me, and ended up accidentally purchasing a one-night stay at WDW. How'd THAT get added to my bill? :rotfl2:

I think I may have been adding/changing too many WDW reservations in real life lately...

~Cari~ pluto:

Question about Stormalong Bay and the Magic Band access: How exactly does the entrance work to the pool? Is it a gate that requires just one band to open the gate or is the entrance similar to a FP turnstile? And then, do we have to wear our MBs while in the pool? Concerned about decorating my MB with paint/markers before I arrive only to have my work disappear in the pool...

Question about Stormalong Bay and the Magic Band access: How exactly does the entrance work to the pool? Is it a gate that requires just one band to open the gate or is the entrance similar to a FP turnstile? And then, do we have to wear our MBs while in the pool? Concerned about decorating my MB with paint/markers before I arrive only to have my work disappear in the pool...

At each of the entrances to Stormalong Bay, there will be a CM stationed with a Magic Band reader. They will scan the band of everyone entering the pool area, I believe even babies. Then they will give you a band to wear. Not quite sure why they need to do that, but maybe for people like you who do not want to wear the bands in the water. You can take off your band, but I'm not sure that I would be comfortable leaving an unattended band with my stuff. There are free lockers you can use when you are in the pool area- they are close to Beaches & Cream restaurant.

Some people have painted or otherwise blinged out their magic bands. Maybe others can comment about whether taking painted bands into the pool was a problem.

:fish:

At each of the entrances to Stormalong Bay, there will be a CM stationed with a Magic Band reader. They will scan the band of everyone entering the pool area, I believe even babies. Then they will give you a band to wear. Not quite sure why they need to do that, but maybe for people like you who do not want to wear the bands in the water. You can take off your band, but I'm not sure that I would be comfortable leaving an unattended band with my stuff. There are free lockers you can use when you are in the pool area- they are close to Beaches & Cream restaurant.

Some people have painted or otherwise blinged out their magic bands. Maybe others can comment about whether taking painted bands into the pool was a problem.

:fish:

Thanks natebenma! I also don't want to leave the MB's hanging out unattended poolside so I was hoping i could get away with just having one band there that doesn't have a CC linked to it. Guess we will be taking advantage of the free lockers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter