Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was wondering where the business center was at the BC? I might need to print a shipping label this weekend.

At the Yacht Club.

I'm not sure that I have much info about the business center on Page 1- I should probably correct that!

Does anyone have pictures?

:thumbsup2

I'm disappointed to hear about La Hacienda! Have you dined there before? It was our favorite meal on our 2013 trip.

Our dinner at La Hacienda wasn't bad it just was our least favorite meal of the week. DH and I had been last year and we enjoyed it a lot. We wanted to take our adult DS who had never been.
I had the Pollo al Pastor and the chicken was moist and flavorful. DH and DS shared the La Hacienda and they thought it was fine. The menu had changed a fair amount since our last visit. There were no appetizers that appealed to us this time, and there were a couple last trip. We decided that we would go back to San Angel Inn next before returning to La Hacienda. I certainly wouldn't recommend against La Hacienda if you enjoyed it, but we will try something different next time.

Our dinner at La Hacienda wasn't bad it just was our least favorite meal of the week. DH and I had been last year and we enjoyed it a lot. We wanted to take our adult DS who had never been.
I had the Pollo al Pastor and the chicken was moist and flavorful. DH and DS shared the La Hacienda and they thought it was fine. The menu had changed a fair amount since our last visit. There were no appetizers that appealed to us this time, and there were a couple last trip. We decided that we would go back to San Angel Inn next before returning to La Hacienda. I certainly wouldn't recommend against La Hacienda if you enjoyed it, but we will try something different next time.

OK, phew!!!

To be honest, that is one of the main reasons I think Mark wants to go back to Disney- to eat at La Hacienda again! So I would be sorry to hear that things had seriously degraded there. Thanks for your follow-up comment!

Up early and getting ready to head to airport. I will be back at work on 11/8. Thanks for all your well wishes. My bronchitis is doing better and meeting so many Disers the last two days at the BC got the happy feelings flowing and that's the best medicine in the world. See you on the 8th!

Safe travels Teena and good luck house hunting!!

page 304-305

Hi all! A few questions about the Yacht Club renovations:

1. Has anyone taken any photos of the Presidential suite as club lounge yet?
2. Are they expanding the size of the club lounge like they did with the beach club?
3. Has anyone posted photos of mockups or renderings of the new rooms?
4. Is there any intent to also update some of the public spaces? The "pickled wood" coloring of much of the paneling is very early 1990s.

Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS.

Do you have an upcoming trip booked or are you just researching?

Excellent questions, and I wish I had answers for you.

1. I haven't seen any yet (but would love to!!!)
2. I don't know.
3. Not yet. In late August, we posted some pictures of a sample of carpeting and wallpaper we found at the YC, but it wasn't very impressive. We are hoping they went back to the drawing board for the design.
4. :confused3 but anxiously awaiting the answer to all of your questions.

We are booked for a split stay POFQ with my sister 1/9-1/13 then with DH at BC CL 1/13-1/17. We have ADR for via Napoli for lunch together on the 13 th then sister leaves on DME. Can she leave from BC since we will be right there or does she have to leave from POFQ? Also we have never done CL at BC are there garden view rooms that are close to the quiet pool/ secret entrance. Loved that area when we stayed at BC a few years ago. Thanks to everyone for the info. I "lurk" a lot but rarely post.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I'm pretty sure she has to get the Magical Express from the resort where she is staying.

I don't believe there are any BC CL rooms in that wing of the Beach Club- the club level rooms are start above where the lobby is and then stretch out towards the YC, not towards EPCOT, if that makes sense.

::yes::

Hi! My family and I are going to BC for the first time next week! From browsing through this thread, it seems like people really love it. Anything particular we should try? My son (6) and daughter (3) are really looking forward to SAB (pretty much the reason we changed our reservation from AKL to BC) so we're definitely hoping to get at least 1 pool day in. And we have dinner at beaches and cream on our arrival night... Does anyone know what the night time movie schedule is for next week? Don't know if we'll be back from the parks in time to enjoy that but it sounds like a lot of fun.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Last November, the campfire was at 5:30 and the movie was at 7. We will hopefully have the November activities calendar sometime on Sunday. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

Check out Post 4, activities and Post 5, amenities for some of the things to do around the resort.

Enjoy your trip!

:cheer2:

Ours did. It had a large shared patio over the lobby. The room was very tired. In need of refurbishment. It was a short trip for us. But with 3 older teenage girls it was tight. The location of the hotel was great!

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for your input.

:goodvibes

Not to break up the current then of the thread.... :scared:

Just curious if anyone is planning a Christmas:santa: stay at YC this year? Its our second year in a row staying there over Christmas and NY... had a great time last year and was pleasantly surprised at how much we like YC; being monorail resort snobs:rolleyes1.

The ease of walking to Epcot and DHS during the capacity times is outstanding; can't say enough about location, location, location. :snail:

:welcome: to the thread!

:cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15)- BTW, that's where you can check to see who has reported a stay during a certain time period. I'll be posting a link to the post in a few minutes, after I make the latest updates.

:santa:

Hi all - what is the latest plan for Yacht Club renovations? Any idea when they will begin?

All we know so far is that the work on the club level lounge at the YC has been started. We have not seen a timetable for the work on that or the rest of the resort. After the lounge is completed, work will start on the 5th floor (club level) rooms. Then the regular rooms will be done, floor by floor starting on the 4th floor and working down.

I try to keep the very first post of this thread updated with the latest news on the renovations. There isn't much there now because we really haven't been given any info from the resort.

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
Safe travels Teena and good luck on the house hunting. It will be a big change to give up your job and move across the country but sometimes that's just what is needed to help heal heartache!:hug:

On the plus side you'll get to see a lot more of your beautiful girls and that can only be a good thing :)

Thinking of you all :)

Up early and getting ready to head to airport. I will be back at work on 11/8. Thanks for all your well wishes. My bronchitis is doing better and meeting so many Disers the last two days at the BC got the happy feelings flowing and that's the best medicine in the world. See you on the 8th!
Safe travels!

All we know so far is that the work on the club level lounge at the YC has been started. We have not seen a timetable for the work on that or the rest of the resort. After the lounge is completed, work will start on the 5th floor (club level) rooms. Then the regular rooms will be done, floor by floor starting on the 4th floor and working the way down.

I try to keep the very first post of this thread updated with the latest news on the renovations. There isn't much there now because we really haven't been given much info from the resort.

When is the lounge slated to be completed? We are staying YC CL the first week of May, will it most likely be completed by then?

When is the lounge slated to be completed? We are staying YC CL the first week of May, will it most likely be completed by then?

I would guess the lounge and club level rooms will be complete by then. Last year, at the Beach Club, the lounge work was from mid August to (mid?) October. Then the work on the rooms was from October until early December. So about a month and a half, to two months for each of those two phases.

I would guess the lounge and club level rooms will be complete by then. Last year, at the Beach Club, the lounge work was from mid August to (mid?) October. Then the work on the rooms was from October until early December. So about a month and a half, to two months for each of those two phases.

We're staying YC CL Mid-April. I wondered the same thing. Thanks, @natebenma for your thoughts. Always appreciate all you do! :daisy:

I interrupt this thread for an important announcement:

My granddaughter, Kameryn Sloane, made her debut into this world at 12:18 AM today, weighing in at 7 lbs and 4 oz and measuring 20 inches.

Her first trip to WDW is scheduled for June 2016.

(Anyone catch the movie reference in her name?)

I now return you to regular thread programming...

My granddaughter, Kameryn Sloane, made her debut into this world at 12:18 AM today, weighing in at 7 lbs and 4 oz and measuring 20 inches.

Congratulations!!! Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone....... Love it!!!

At Yacht Club now in room 4089. Great view of the fireworks and bay. A few maintenance issues though - the ceiling fan has a serious click to it that I'm hoping they fix tomorrow and the AC is leaking into the carpet by the door. Imagine those issues will be taken care of in the refurb.

Congratulations! Very exciting time for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter