Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
No experience for late booking, but can tell you that they still mail vouchers and yellow tags. We got ours about two weeks ago for our upcoming 1/4/17 trip. If you want you can call the Magical Express Service Center at (866) 599-0951 and they'll be able to tell you if your request was processed and the status of the mailing. Good luck and have a great trip!
Just to add, if you do not get the yellow tags in time, if you are registered with ME you can simply proceed to the desk with your claim tickets and they will pull your bags for you. Have a great trip!!

• Mainemama

DIS Veteran
    What does " trip book" mean?
    We received an Incredibles booklet this week for our trip in October. It no longer contains the magnet with dates to remember.
    That is what I meant, just wasn't sure what to call it. It is a fun way to reveal to our kids where we are staying. I will have to print something instead, as it still hasn't arrived, so I think it won't. 5 days to go!

EGHopeful

Mouseketeer
    While our flight from California was less than magical (3+HR delay). Now my DD understood why we left a day early. Received a text at 8:17am that Our room at the Beach Club was ready. I booked a GV and we got room 4623! What a view! We were going to do CL but with such a short trip didn't think we'd utilize the lounge so didn't think it would be worth the extra money.

EPCOT was PERFECT this morning. No crazy crowds. Rode all the rides we wanted by 1pm.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    page 743-744

Returning to Beach Club 8/19 - 8/26!!
    :welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Dee- on Thursday at 7am at my 10 months out date, I called WDW hoping, but not expecting, to modify my 2 rooms at YC. to a cash res 2 BR villa at either BC or BW. Only deluxe studio was available at BCV (anyone looking for that should call immediately!), but I was able to get a 2BR at BW! So, please remove me from your list (10/15-22) :(
    However, I am just thrilled to be on Crescent Lake for F&W!! And this thread is so great, I will still be popping in from time to time. Thanks to everyone who posted when I was trying to decide between BCV and BWV. I had a feeling it wouldn't really be up to me and that availability would be the determining factor. Thanks again!
    I'm glad you were able to get a 2BR, even though your trip will be across the lake.

Yes, please do stick around and read and post if you want!

::yes::

We just returned last week from an eight night YC stay. There was repellent in the room every day. We've stayed on property at least once a year since 1995, and this was one of the best ever! The YC was great.
    :welcome: to the thread!

Thanks for answering my question.

So happy to hear you had a fantastic trip.

:goodvibes

What is the name of the greeter in the lobby of Beach Club? He was about 60ish gentleman. Does anyone have a picture. I totally dropped the ball....he was amazing.
    Bumping this!

Anyone know the current greeter(s) at the Beach Club?

:wave2:

I am NOT a plumber (nor do I play one on TV....:rolleyes1) but, I noticed in the picture that there is a step-up into the shower. Could this be a work-around for the drain you were mentioning? Keeping the same drain and just routing a pipe between new and original?

I understand this could well be a concept room and only some of the pictured decor could make it through testing to actual room refurb but this room has similar elements to the new room pics at CSR. The wood style tile? plank flooring (which is in use in the entryway at GF), enclosed closets, walk-in style shower, keurig coffee makers, upgraded room/bed lighting. It would make sense as both of the resorts are convention hubs and are considered more "adult" in style and theming. My bigger concern is there was no daybed in that test room.:sad1:
    Not sure if you have posted here, so

:welcome:

I am not that impressed by the concept room photos, though the bathroom looks nice. Have any other resorts tried the carpetless floor? It does not appeal to me as a parent. I seem to spend a fair amount of time sitting on the floor. The whole look is very stark/dark. Curious if all the rooms are supposed to be finished by summer 2017? I am planning a trip, and actually would love another stay in the old rooms!
    I seriously doubt all rooms will be finished by summer 2017, so you do have a chance to stay in one of the non-renovated room. I don't see why you couldn't request that. Once the work is underway and we know the way they will be progressing (top-down/wing by

Last edited:
  • Paulll92

Beach Club, Caribbean Beach & Boardwalk!
    The Beach Club is a great hotel! Stayed there in August 2004; absolutely loved the convenience of being near Epcot and Hollywood Studios (was then called MGM Studios).

SheHulk

mean, green runDisney fiend
    HI guys! I'm usually on the runDisney boards but I thought I'd pop in on your thread. I lurk here for trip planning sometimes. We have stayed at the Yacht Club before and kids fell in love with the pool. DH fell in love with popping into WS for a yummy snack whenever he wants :)
    We are staying at the Beach Club this time for the marathon, trying out the other side and hoping it's a good location to spectate the race for family and getting to/from the race for me. Can't wait to get a Dole Whip by the pool.

• Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    HI guys! I'm usually on the runDisney boards but I thought I'd pop in on your thread. I lurk here for trip planning sometimes. We have stayed at the Yacht Club before and kids fell in love with the pool. DH fell in love with popping into WS for a yummy snack whenever he wants :)
    We are staying at the Beach Club this time for the marathon, trying out the other side and hoping it's a good location to spectate the race for family and getting to/from the race for me. Can't wait to get a Dole Whip by the pool.
    I believe the Dole Whips were only by the pool for a short time. They haven't been seen in quite awhile now.

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
    Momabaarjo l'm not 100% sure but I think the gentleman greeter is called Al. He was really good fun and asked me to "go the prom" with him much to my husband's amusement last time we were there and then walked me from checkin desk to guest services to avoid waiting in the queue :)
    Truly a lovely guy :)

ZellyB

DIS Veteran
    We are staying at Beach Club as well while there to run Goofy. So excited to be there!! Two weeks from today we will arrive.

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
    Anyone ever use Amazon Prime or Prime Now at BC? Thinking of sending a pic of water, etc. it would go to the business center, right? Would I be able to have it retrieved upon check-in?

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Anyone ever use Amazon Prime or Prime Now at BC? Thinking of sending a pic of water, etc. it would go to the business center, right? Would I be able to have it retrieved upon check-in?
    In my experience, DH had to go to the Convention Center and pick up our package, it was not delivered to us.
    What day of the week are you arriving? The Convention Center hours are very limited on weekends, so retrieving your package can be a challenge until the weekdays.
    All that said, does Amazon deliver to the Convention Center like shipped packages, or to Bell Services? That will make a huge difference.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS