Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sorry that you have an uncomfortable room considering the prices are still so high for less services and “Disney magic”. Every time I’m asked, I won’t go back to Disney until they are 100 percent up and running. I can’t justify paying premium prices for less services. I have spoiled myself by staying to club level for the past 5 years or so, so my expectations are high especially at BC/YC. It’s killing me but I will wait. Thanks for sharing. It does confirm what I see and hear about the experiences others are having

I have been stuck with a handicapped accessible room several times. I don't need it, and I don't request it. But I understand that if nobody needs it, then anyone can be assigned to it. It has nothing to do with COVID.

So while I completely respect @Ricguz's opinion that now is now is not the right time for them to go, I just wanted to point out that this particular issue can happen even when Disney is back to 100 percent up and running.

Sorry that you have an uncomfortable room considering the prices are still so high for less services and “Disney magic”. Every time I’m asked, I won’t go back to Disney until they are 100 percent up and running. I can’t justify paying premium prices for less services. I have spoiled myself by staying to club level for the past 5 years or so, so my expectations are high especially at BC/YC. It’s killing me but I will wait. Thanks for sharing. It does confirm what I see and hear about the experiences others are having
THIS!

I have been stuck with a handicapped accessible room several times. I don't need it, and I don't request it. But I understand that if nobody needs it, then anyone can be assigned to it. It has nothing to do with COVID.

So while I completely respect @Ricguz's opinion that now is now is not the right time for them to go, I just wanted to point out that this particular issue can happen even when Disney is back to 100 percent up and running.

I agree this was just the luck of the draw for us as far as room assignments go. We have been staying at Y & B for over 20 years, the last 15 multiple times a year & this is the first time we’ve ever had an accessible room. I actually booked a standard view room thru Priceline for the first time ever because there was nothing at YC thru Disney. I don’t know if that had any to do with the room assignor not.

Also, the showers near SAB are still closed, just checked 20 minutes ago, lol.

What is the most logical way of getting from BCV to Boma? We usually don't have a car and try to go there for dinner occasionally (for next November ). We have walked to the entrance to Epcot and pick a resort bus there but maybe someone has a simpler idea.

I personally wouldn’t worry too much about it. A couple of recent posters above happened to have rooms at the very “end” of their resort. While you can certainly get rooms at either BC or YC at the furthest possible point from the lobby, most rooms are going to be closer.

To me, the long, winding hallways at YC and BC make things “feel” longer than they really are. In reality they are closer/fewer steps than something like, say, the furthest outer building at Poly or GF - although at those places you have the beauty of the grounds to enjoy during the walk, vs a plain long hallway.

WL is more compact for sure, but to me BC or YC isn’t all that much of a different experience in comparison, in my opinion.

I recall being concerned about the long hallway talk before first staying at YC/BC several years ago. Once there I understood why it gets discussed/what people mean, but it turned out to be less of a concern than I had in my head before going.

Still worth a “close to lobby” room request though, if inclined!

I think the difference for me between navigating YC/BC and a resort like GF/Poly (or even POFQ) is the visual navigation factor...the main building at GF or the Great Ceremonial House is easy to spot no matter where you are, whereas the hallways on hallways can get trickier for someone like me with the world's worst sense of direction, because there's not really a visual representation of where I'm at in relation to it, just signs with room numbers,

I also just realized that I've had rooms nearly on the opposite sides of YC, hilariously enough!. When I stayed at BC, my room was right up against the YC side of the property. That was a great room despite being far from the lobby though, since it was a corner king and even though it was Standard I looked out at SAB through one of the windows.

What is the most logical way of getting from BCV to Boma? We usually don't have a car and try to go there for dinner occasionally (for next November ). We have walked to the entrance to Epcot and pick a resort bus there but maybe someone has a simpler idea.

Uber/Lyft is gonna be the easiest and least stressful.

I am happy to see the above. Our YC room last fall had a view of some rather rotted wood/siding. I overlooked it because we were just happy to be there, but it was the kind of thing that can’t go on for too long.

I am happy to see the above. Our YC room last fall had a view of some rather rotted wood/siding. I overlooked it because we were just happy to be there, but it was the kind of thing that can’t go on for too long.

The last couple of days I was there, they were doing exterior maintenance on the side of the resort nearest the Dolphin. I would have gotten pictures but I kept forgetting. They were also doing some work on one of those little interior courtyard spaces, I think that garden view looks out on.

To get from BCV to Boma at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge:

First of all, we are assuming that Boma will have re-opened by the time of your trip. (It is still closed.)

a) For breakfast: walking from BCV through Epcot to pick up a bus in the front of Epcot would only work if you have a park reservation for Epcot and if Epcot is open early enough. For dinner: that method would only work if you have a park reservation for Epcot. Or if you have annual passes or park hopper passes, you started your day at a different park and then "hopped" over to Epcot.

b) You could walk from BCV to DHS and pick up an Animal Kingdom Lodge bus there.

c) You could take the boat from YC/BC to DHS and pick up an Animal Kingdom Lodge bus there.

d) You could talk a bus from BC to Animal Kingdom Park, and then take a bus from Animal Kingdom Park to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

e) Uber/Lyft/taxi.

Personally I would choose Uber/Lyft.

If you are going back to BCV from AKL, and you plan to do it by bus to a theme park, you have to watch the theme park's hours. If the theme park is closed, you might not be able to get Disney transportation from a hotel to the theme park.

walked from room to BC marketplace and back to room all through hotel inside pathway. Then back to pool. 1.7 miles per Apple Watch. Seems off but never had issue with calibration before
We had one of the rooms that is at the far end of the Yacht Club and we would walk out the fire exit door that was steps away from our room whenever we wanted to go to BC Marketplace. It was slightly shorter to walk outside then it was to take the hallways with its multiple turns. :)

It is definitely worth the money to take an Uber or taxi to AKL.

I think a lot of people are surprised to find that the distance from the BC to the bus depot at Epcot is about the same distance as the distance to Hollywood Studios, depending on your starting point. We usually went to the bus depot at Hollywood Studios to catch a bus to a different resort rather than head into Epcot. You can take a boat or the Skyliner to get to DHS. :)

I agree this was just the luck of the draw for us as far as room assignments go. We have been staying at Y & B for over 20 years, the last 15 multiple times a year & this is the first time we’ve ever had an accessible room. I actually booked a standard view room thru Priceline for the first time ever because there was nothing at YC thru Disney. I don’t know if that had any to do with the room assignor not.

Also, the showers near SAB are still closed, just checked 20 minutes ago, lol.

Ah! I've had that happen with other hotels when booking 3rd party. We complained once when we were in Michigan and the hotel told us we got that room because we booked 3rd party. So booking through Priceline might have had something to do with getting that room.

Ah! I've had that happen with other hotels when booking 3rd party. We complained once when we were in Michigan and the hotel told us we got that room because we booked 3rd party. So booking through Priceline might have had something to do with getting that room.

Thanks for the info! That was the first time I ever booked thru a 3rd party. Well, except our first onsite stay in the early 90s that I booked thru AAA. This was a last minute trip & there were no Epcot resorts available directly thru Disney. I really prefer booking directly with Disney so hopefully no more accessible rooms.

Are the refillable mug stations at Beach Club still letting you just show a pic of your mugs or do you have to have the mugs with you to get refills now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter