Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
Whoever shared the BC Marketplace menu, thank you! My boys will love all the macaroni and cheese options.

Also, is Disney getting rid of the Freestyle machines across property? I’m not a fan of them, but everyone else in my family loves them.

NanetteG

Earning My Ears
I know the reports recently at the parks are of bigger crowds than a month or so ago. How about at the Yacht Club? For those who have been recently, how crowded did the resort and the resort amenities feel to you?
We just returned home from the YC on Friday and the crowds were very low. Lots of seating available around the pools and I don't think the rooms on either side of us had guests in them

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
The flat bread pizzas are gone!!! Of course, because they were good, they had to be removed. Looks like they'll have chalk bricks for breakfast (aka covid-era mickey waffles; see my dining thread on these disgusting knockoff lookalikes)

But really.. Mac n cheese instead of the last decent disney pizzas in existence? What a travesty. :sad2:. Shame shame shame.

• GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
    How do masks factor in when running on property. I don’t know if I could hack it in a mask while on a run
    Seems a YMMV topic on other threads - a recreation CM manager at BLT in July told me masks were not required while running (only to/from said activity), but others have been told the opposite.

Personally, I ran a few times with a mask around BLT in July just because I wanted to try it and that path does share a walkway that was was pretty well-trafficked by CMs during shift change in the morning, so it sort of felt like I should/the right thing to do. I found I could make it about 30 minutes, but once wet it was very tough, at least for me.

In stays at BLT/Poly in July and YC in Sept, I would say most runners did not wear masks. Some did. Some I’d see with gaiters and they’d pull them up before passing. Actual numbers are dangerous since it’s all moment in time stuff, but I’d say 90-95% no mask, 5-10% mask in my experience.

It seemed typical runner’s etiquette was the main rule - wide berths, leave lots of space, no need to jump right in front of someone you’re passing, etc. Just common sense stuff.

For reference, my runs were mostly 6am’ish, so, very early when it’s pretty much just you and other runners.

Hope that helps.

KM82

Mouseketeer
    Seems a YMMV topic on other threads - a recreation CM manager at BLT in July told me masks were not required while running (only to/from said activity), but others have been told the opposite.

Personally, I ran a few times with a mask around BLT in July just because I wanted to try it and that path does share a walkway that was was pretty well-trafficked by CMs during shift change in the morning, so it sort of felt like I should/the right thing to do. I found I could make it about 30 minutes, but once wet it was very tough, at least for me.

In stays at BLT/Poly in July and YC in Sept, I would say most runners did not wear masks. Some did. Some I’d see with gaiters and they’d pull them up before passing. Actual numbers are dangerous since it’s all moment in time stuff, but I’d say 90-95% no mask, 5-10% mask in my experience.

It seemed typical runner’s etiquette was the main rule - wide berths, leave lots of space, no need to jump right in front of someone you’re passing, etc. Just common sense stuff.

For reference, my runs were mostly 6am’ish, so, very early when it’s pretty much just you and other runners.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks! We have been debating how we will get our runs in. We both just started running after the lockdown started, and this will be our first trip where we’d like to keep the exercise up.

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
    Thanks! We have been debating how we will get our runs in. We both just started running after the lockdown started, and this will be our first trip where we’d like to keep the exercise up.
    The Epcot/Crescent Lake resorts are great for running, IMO. Between the loop around the lake and out/back to DHS, you can cover some ground and have great scenery along the way. There’s something very peaceful/serene about getting out in the still of the morning just before the sun rises and getting some miles in and there always seem to be other runners out.

• jenmsmith

Mouseketeer
    We were at YC Labor Day weekend (note, a busy holiday weekend). If I had to size it up, I would say that on the whole, things around the resort felt relatively normal crowd wise, if not a little ‘more’ crowded at select times. SAB hit capacity a few brief times over that weekend (I was glad we had rented a cabana).

While we mostly didn’t encounter elevator lines, we sometimes did (I’m talking 3-6 groups deep, nothing crazy - but it’s something new for sure).

Hurricane Hannah’s lines during the day were pretty rough, if I’m honest. That was probably my least favorite byproduct of the current circumstances.

The Market at Ale & Compass often “looked” quite busy with the line spilling into the hallway. We never ordered/bought anything there so I can’t comment on actual wait times.

I had some things that required a few front desk visits and there always seemed to be a decent line every time I was there - it was crowds plus the current work around the front desk area has things a little cramped/wonky.

My Sunday morning run felt like normal times, many friendly runners out.

May have just been our particular room location, but I felt our room was noisier than past YC stays. With less park time and no nighttime park entertainment, people are generally “around” the resort/their rooms more and I think that tends to lead to the chance of hearing noise from your neighbors.

I guess the above is reading negative, but it really wasn’t. Frankly in many/most ways, it felt like a normal YC stay, with IMO my only true/legitimate gripe being the lengthy lines at HH. But again, I’ll caveat it being a holiday weekend, so YMMV.

We enjoyed our visit and wouldn’t hesitate to go back.
    Thank you. That's very helpful. We have a split stay that starts Oct.11 (Columbus Day weekend) at BLT but will move to YC on Oct. 15 to stay through Oct. 19. We did book a cabana for Sunday, as we plan a pool day and I just find it worth it to our family to know we have a dedicated area. We do plan a couple of resort days, so I'm interested in how it is all flowing there. Any idea of when the front desk work will be finished?

jenmsmith

Mouseketeer
    We just returned home from the YC on Friday and the crowds were very low. Lots of seating available around the pools and I don't think the rooms on either side of us had guests in them
    Thank you. There still seems to be a decent amount of availability during the dates of our stay in 2.5 weeks. Maybe we'll luck out with a similar experience to yours!

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
    What does YMMV mean? My brain has clearly turned to mush and I can’t think what it is! :scared1: :rotfl:I’m sad the flatbreads are gone They were always a tasty poolside snack for us :(

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
    What does YMMV mean? My brain has clearly turned to mush and I can’t think what it is! :scared1: :rotfl:
    Your Mileage May Vary. :-)

I’m guilty of using it a lot - mainly to say ‘this is what happened to me, you may not experience the same thing’ - since sometimes our Disney experiences (and opinions of such experiences) can vary at any given moment/person to person.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    What does YMMV mean? My brain has clearly turned to mush and I can’t think what it is! :scared1: :rotfl:I’m sad the flatbreads are gone They were always a tasty poolside snack for us :(

I’m guilty of using it a lot - mainly to say ‘this is what happened to me, you may not experience the same thing’ - since sometimes our Disney experiences (and opinions of such experiences) can vary at any given moment/person to person.
    A lot of US car sales advertisements have this phrase during their commercials:

They will mention an average gas mileage for the vehicle, like 30 miles per gallon highway, 25 city, your mileage may vary.

This has become a popular phrase that people use as GADisneyDad14 describes, and of course in these days of texting lingo: YMMV

:thumbsup2

fbb

DIS Veteran
    The Market at Ale & Compass often “looked” quite busy with the line spilling into the hallway. We never ordered/bought anything there so I can’t comment on actual wait times.
    Was there a few days prior to you and visited the Market often for refills and ordered a couple of meals. Kudos to the staff there, from the managers on down, for busting their butts for every guest. But that place is inadequate; it’s always been inadequate. In current climate, it’s horribly inadequate. I have a photo of 6 CMs crammed into the food prep area, trying to fill several orders while guests wait.

I like to do Poly/YC split stays, and the difference in the quick service experience is immense.

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran

A lot of US car sales advertisements have this phrase during their commercials:

They will mention an average gas mileage for the vehicle, like 30 miles per gallon highway, 25 city, your mileage may vary.

This has become a popular phrase that people use as GADisneyDad14 describes, and of course in these days of texting lingo: YMMV

:thumbsup2
    Thanks for the explanations. Much appreciated :thumbsup2

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
    We arrive in 2 days! I didnt even realize beach club marketplace was reopening this week! Can anyone that is there confirm the day?! Also 2 more questions.... is the yacht club "store" open at the end of the hall at yacht club? Also is the lazy river open? Thanks everyone!

Dave006

DIS Veteran
    Enjoy your visit. Yes the Marketplace at Ale & Compass is open and the Marketplace at the BC is scheduled for this week.

And most certainly YES the lazy river is open at Storm Along Bay (SAB) and ready for your leisure floating.

Dave

KellyKateri

Earning My Ears
    Officially just switched over from BC to YC! Our dates are 1/3/2021-1/9/2021. We originally had a club level water view room in BC, booked but, still hoping they bring club back before we go. Still kinda torn on the switch because Beach Club our families favorite resort. Nonetheless SAB should be fun even in January! Question on room requests, has anyone ever tried using touring plans recommendation in requesting rooms? Is that actually a beneficial way to help the room assigner?

Sarahslay

DIS Veteran
    Officially just switched over from BC to YC! Our dates are 1/3/2021-1/9/2021. We originally had a club level water view room in BC, booked but, still hoping they bring club back before we go. Still kinda torn on the switch because Beach Club our families favorite resort. Nonetheless SAB should be fun even in January! Question on room requests, has anyone ever tried using touring plans recommendation in requesting rooms? Is that actually a beneficial way to help the room assigner?
    I use touring plans room request for most of my trips, and it's been 50/50 so far. Some times it's right on the money, and other times it's 100% off from the area I requested (like, not anywhere near, they couldn't get further away from the request if they tried which happened at YC on my late August trip)

DanSchwartz

Earning My Ears
    News: September 29, 2020
    New Pumpkin Spiced Butter Pecan Shake at Beaches & Cream is a Spooky Sweet Treat

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club hits a homerun with Halloween Drink
    Halloween fun by serving their new Pumpkin Spiced Butter Pecan Shake. Literally, this treat has emerged as “the icing on the cake” (well, actually the cupcake) for the soda shop this Halloween.
    This delectable shake is a pumpkin-spiced butter pecan shake with chocolate sauce and orange icing topped with a pumpkin cupcake and decorated with assorted chocolate pieces.

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS