Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok, so there is only 14 tubes to use in the pool at one time? How safe is it to use one that someone else has just used? Thanks.

Ok, so there is only 14 tubes to use in the pool at one time? How safe is it to use one that someone else has just used? Thanks.
I would think that since they're floating around in chlorinated water (bleach), the tubes are as clean as you could get them. I think the bigger concern would be too many people in the lazy river in close proximity to one another. But, that's a guess on my part

As others have indicated, it looks like the shower rooms are closed throughout the entire Disney resort properties.

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list so I will add you for January.

YC or BCV?

:cool1:

Hi Dee,
Thanks for your follow up. I'm amazed and impressed at how you keep track of everyone. Yay you! We're planning to stay at YC January 2 through 7, 2021. I hadn't asked to be added to your list because there were so many changes and I thought I'd not add to your headache until closer to our vacation time. Best laid plans and all of that! At times, I feel like having this trip scheduled is what gives me hope for the future, and then I feel like a very shallow person for having that attitude. I miss WDW and the YC!
Thanks again, Sandi

Hi Dee- add us to the Be Our Guest Lisr. July 20-30 YC GV Room. That was our original reservation for 2020 but due to all the craziness we ended up in a Poly deluxe studio

We had lunch at Beaches and Cream one day and realized how much we missed SAB & BC/YC!

At one point, when several of us couldn't find any floating devices but saw a group with a stack of floaties piled up behind their chairs, we simply walked up and took them and let the selfish SOBs deal with the attendants. Please don't be that person.
We have been going to the BC/YC/BCVs for ages and have never seen anyone take the floats out of the lazy river section of SAB, even to use in the other sections of the pool. I sure hope that this was something that was unique to the particular group that was there while you were there and it isn't something that continues. :( Good for you for taking back the floats. I would have done the same thing.

Thanks for the heads up on this. :)

Are you permitted to use your own floats or noodles in the lazy river or is this frowned upon? We are driving so would be pretty easy to throw them in the car if we are allowed.

Are you permitted to use your own floats or noodles in the lazy river or is this frowned upon? We are driving so would be pretty easy to throw them in the car if we are allowed.
You can bring your own. They sold pool noodles at the BC marketplace previously.

* We also found the room became stuffy during the night, but began to cool off again around 5a every morning. An energy saving measure?
The thermostats are motion-sensor activated, so they may shut off if you lay still for a while. Common problem in hotels. In the future, you can call engineering and they'll bypass it for you. (There's another solution I won't mention here. Use your imagination! :rolleyes1 )

We have been going to the BC/YC/BCVs for ages and have never seen anyone take the floats out of the lazy river section of SAB, even to use in the other sections of the pool. I sure hope that this was something that was unique to the particular group that was there while you were there and it isn't something that continues. :( Good for you for taking back the floats. I would have done the same thing.

Thanks for the heads up on this. :)
I've heard stories about this nut that used a pool tube in the hot tub. Personally speaking I think it's an ugly rumor, but some people claim to have photographic evidence of this heinous crime.

~NM

I've heard stories about this nut that used a pool tube in the hot tub. Personally speaking I think it's an ugly rumor, but some people claim to have photographic evidence of this heinous crime.

~NM
You know, I was sitting in their hot tub yesterday, watching the "current" made by all the jets and thought how fun it would be to get one of the seated floaties and just spin around and around. :tongue::tongue:

You can bring your own. They sold pool noodles at the BC marketplace previously.

Actually, yes and no.

You can bring your own pool noodles.

As far as I know, you can't use floats other than the ones provided at the pool.

Small kids can use water wings, as long as they are within arms length of an adult.

Life jackets used to be provided poolside for children or adults, but I haven't heard if they still have them for use these days.

🏊‍♂️🏊‍♀️

~NM

You know, I was sitting in their hot tub yesterday, watching the "current" made by all the jets and thought how fun it would be to get one of the seated floaties and just spin around and around. :tongue::tongue:

DSCF9145 - Copy.JPG

DSCF9147 - Copy.JPG

DSCF9148.JPG

Page 1701

Just Back From First YC Stay.

*snip*

Thank you for taking the time to post the very detailed review of your stay.

Lots of very helpful information.

Rant away! With limited tubes and floats available, they really should stay in the lazy river for guests to use.

:thanks:

Any chance you have a picture of the view from your room that I could add to the Room View thread?

You can either post it here or if it is easier, email it to me at beachclubdee at yahoo.

Note to self: check this email... I have only logged in a couple of time in the last 6 months...

::yes::

Hi Dee,
Thanks for your follow up. I'm amazed and impressed at how you keep track of everyone. Yay you! We're planning to stay at YC January 2 through 7, 2021. I hadn't asked to be added to your list because there were so many changes and I thought I'd not add to your headache until closer to our vacation time. Best laid plans and all of that! At times, I feel like having this trip scheduled is what gives me hope for the future, and then I feel like a very shallow person for having that attitude. I miss WDW and the YC!
Thanks again, Sandi

Thanks for the kind words!

The search window is definitely my friend!

No worries on having to make changes or updates.

I totally understand your attitude. I just rebooked a trip my family had planned for Costa Rica last March. We cancelled it the day before we were supposed to leave. We are cautiously excited that we will be able to go on the trip in 2021, but it is hard to get our hopes up too high.

:goodvibes

Hi Dee- add us to the Be Our Guest Lisr. July 20-30 YC GV Room. That was our original reservation for 2020 but due to all the craziness we ended up in a Poly deluxe studio

We had lunch at Beaches and Cream one day and realized how much we missed SAB & BC/YC!

Yay!!!

Will do!

:woohoo:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter