Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Amw1064

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have recent pictures of the characters at the Cape May breakfast? Somebody told me they got new costumes but can't find any pictures anywhere. Can't wait to return to Beach Club in late May.

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
I have a BCV studio booked for our May trip and I am second guessing it. Is it smaller than the regular YC and BC rooms? My kids always want to stay at YC or BC but my choices with the AP discount are BCV studio or BC CL. I'm not springing for CL, so studio is it. I am deciding btwn the studio and an OKW 1 bedroom. It will be myself and the 3 kids for the week. DH will pop in for 3 nights mid-trip. We are generally fine in a regular room, so hoping the studio isn't tiny...
It's just a little smaller. One queen bed, full size sleeper sofa, and the little kids size pull down bed below the TV. The kitchenette is handy though, and may make up for it. Plus kids seem to love the extra themed pull down bed. If you're concerned, check some YouTube videos for room tours to get a better feel for it.

• dsnyfan608

Mouseketeer
    We will be driving and understand there is now a fee for parking. If we valet park, is this an additional cost to the regular parking fee or is it instead of?

lorilclevelandrn

DIS Veteran
    Do you mean the guided fishing excursion? If so, my DH and boys have done it from BW and YC/BC several times and it is a must-do on their vacation list every time. They catch tons of giant fish. They will love it!
    Great to hear. They are both super pumped about fishing. Does ur DH have a guide he prefers?

YCFAN

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
    We will be driving and understand there is now a fee for parking. If we valet park, is this an additional cost to the regular parking fee or is it instead of?
    It is instead of but it is a higher cost. I believe it is $38/night but that may have changed.

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
    We have not parked at YC, but it is supposed to be instead of, not in addition to the fee. It is a daily charge.

• EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran
    Odd question, but I can always count on this board to pull through :D- can anyone tell me roughly how much a loaf of bread is at the Marketplace?

We usually order it with our grocery delivery but on our next trip we're just passing through and not ordering groceries. I'd still like PBJ supplies for DS2 but I can't see stuffing a loaf of bread into my luggage o_O

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Odd question, but I can always count on this board to pull through :D- can anyone tell me roughly how much a loaf of bread is at the Marketplace?

We usually order it with our grocery delivery but on our next trip we're just passing through and not ordering groceries. I'd still like PBJ supplies for DS2 but I can't see stuffing a loaf of bread into my luggage o_O
    Arnold's White Bread 24 oz. 4.29
    Arnold's Wheat Bread 24 oz. 4.29

• PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
    Hey everyone! Need your help! If you had a recent stay at the Beach Club or if you have one in the next month or so, could you let us know what was in your room for a coffee maker!

Stay tuned, though!

It's possible, but I'm not sure if all rooms have received Keurig replacements for the Cuisinart coffee makers.

View attachment 392433
    I spoke with a manager this AM about the coffee maker status for BC and here’s what I was told. All Club Level rooms and suites have nespresso machines. Kurieg is in some rooms but not all and the conversion to all kuriegs is happening but going slowly. She had no timeframe for the complete conversion.

In other news, the BCV studios now have “real” plates and bowls and are no longer stocked with paper plates and bowls. Interestingly enough the utensils are still plastic. The other dilemma is that the plates are so big that they don’t fit in the kitchenette sink so cleaning them is a little clumsy?

That’s all I got for now. 2 more days until our 1/2 marathon on Sunday! The 5kers had a delay this AM dodging heavy rain and some thunder and lightening. It was a long morning for them!

Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...

Tupperware, the savior of parents of picky eaters on short trips everywhere, will keep the bread from being crushed if it's a short trip. It depends of course on how much bread you need and how easily bread is accessed at where you are staying.

I had a friend who now puts PB n J sandwiches in Tupperware (These will go through the TSA check points) ever since she got stuck at the airport overnight with little ones. It's easy to whip out half a sandwich during travels to quell the cranky beasts in your traveling party. Pro Tip: No one ever said no to Nutella on a sandwich and Nutella doesn't have to be refrigerated.

No. You're only charged if you actually park a car overnight.
    Just be careful if you are coming through the resort gate in an Lyft, Uber or cab or in a friend who is visiting for the day's car and the guard at the gate scans YOUR band. Sometimes Disney gets it correct and doesn't charge you for resort parking, sometimes they don't. It pays to check your charges BEFORE you check out to see if any unwarranted charges have popped on your bill. Good luck reading that bill as Disney intentionally formats it so it can be confusing for people not familiar with their billing system.

~NM

EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran
    Tupperware, the savior of parents of picky eaters on short trips everywhere, will keep the bread from being crushed if it's a short trip. It depends of course on how much bread you need and how easily bread is accessed at where you are staying.

I had a friend who now puts PB n J sandwiches in Tupperware (These will go through the TSA check points) ever since she got stuck at the airport overnight with little ones. It's easy to whip out half a sandwich during travels to quell the cranky beasts in your traveling party. Pro Tip: No one ever said no to Nutella on a sandwich and Nutella doesn't have to be refrigerated.

Just be careful if you are coming through the resort gate in an Lyft, Uber or cab or in a friend who is visiting for the day's car and the guard at the gate scans YOUR band. Sometimes Disney gets it correct and doesn't charge you for resort parking, sometimes they don't. It pays to check your charges BEFORE you check out to see if any unwarranted charges have popped on your bill. Good luck reading that bill as Disney intentionally formats it so it can be confusing for people not familiar with their billing system.

~NM
    I can't believe I didn't think to stick a few slices in some tupperware. Luckily DS2 will eat most things we offer but sometimes in true 2yo fashion ONLY a PBJ will do (okay, I admit he gets this from me), or we're running behind on sitting for lunch and it's easier to hand him a PBJ than deal with a little beast (also gets that from me).
    Really we could make do with 4-6 slices or so and I can take that through TSA in some tupperware. I've had mixed results bringing the actual sandwich and once I was told that my DS2 was "too old to qualify as a child who needed special food." MMMMMkay, but not the hill I'm going to die on at LGA.

Does not apply to me directly but I concur on the comment to @dansdad response. We have been charged for a week of parking after arriving via rideshare. We had it removed, so not a giant issue but it does happen and guests should check their folio and have it removed if it happens.

twocat

80 miles door-to-door to Disney.
    Hi!

Can you add me to the Beach Club for Friday August 30th with checkout on Tuesday September 3.

I'm traveling solo and am in a Standard room. I plan to spend most of my time at the pools with early in the day forays into Epcot for Food and Wine before it gets too hot!

HolRae

Mouseketeer
    Are parking fees automatically included in total cost of stay whether u do/do not have a vehicle?
    We were charged in February even though we did not have a vehicle. I called and they took the charge off but if I hadn’t noticed it we would have had to pay it.

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS