Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

has anyone noticed if BC has the refillable soap and shampoo dispensers installed yet? I just read the update on DFB and it looks like boardwalk has them installed so I was curious if BC has them yet.

I quoted your post and put it on the Boardwalk thread, and this was the reply:

"As of today, they still have the individual toiletries. Besides the usual, we’ve been given mouthwash, cooling gel, and foot scrub. We’ve also been given shower caps and vanity kits with cotton swabs and Emory boards. We do not use all of these items completely on a daily basis, and we are always given more."

So it appears that was misinformation from the DFB.

has anyone noticed if BC has the refillable soap and shampoo dispensers installed yet? I just read the update on DFB and it looks like boardwalk has them installed so I was curious if BC has them yet. Also if anyone seen the halloween refill mugs yet since the first MNNSHP happened.

Not yet, but they are coming. Both on the resort and DVC side.

ALSO ALSO: What is the size of the safe at BC currently? is it one that is in a wall upright with a large door or a newer one that is laying down on a flat surface and has a small door that you slide items into? I noticed that POP has different safes than when I stayed at AKL and CSR. I want to make sure I leave anything that wont fit in there at home.

The safes are the upright ones in the wall.

Page 1297-1299

I am so excited! I booked our upcoming October stay last summer for Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have been trying since March to get the reservation changed due to the pool refurbishment there. I finally found a room today for our stay....and it's at Yacht Club!!!! We have never stayed at Yacht Club, but stayed at Beach Club for a long weekend in December of 2016. We loved the resort and amenities. So happy to get to stay at Yacht club in 46 days!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

YC is a great base for an October trip- Food & Wine

:woohoo:

Can anyone tell me the hours of the Friendship boats to Epcot and Hollywood Studios? Trying to plan my mornings! When we stayed at BC last time we just walked to both parks, but it looks like that will take much longer now from YC with the new path.

Someone reported recently that there was a boat at the docks at 6:30 am, but honestly, I haven't had great luck with the boats in the morning. I don't know exactly when they start moving, especially if you are trying to get to HS in the very early morning. I have also had issues with the boats being full when they arrive at the dock, so only a few people are able to get on, and the rest are left waiting for the next boat.

:boat:

BC CL standard room had a Keurig in June. I have a picture but it wont let me upload it currently.

OK, folks!

I need more info on this!!!!!!!!!

When the coffee makers were replaced from the drip makers, the club level rooms at BC received the Cuisinart Pod machines. I was not aware that the Beach Club Club Level rooms now have the Keurigs. Can folks who have stayed in a BC CL room since the beginning of the year confirm the type of coffee maker in the rooms?

:thanks:

:coffee:

Coming back to WDW in September, staying at Boardwalk, but able to do a quick trip in December and staying at Yacht Club December 6-11

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Please remove me from the Be Our Guest list. We decided to expand our onsite stay from one night to three, but the only YC room available for all three nights was a Club level. So we’ve switched to BW because they had a Standard room available for a good price. YC is one of my favorite resorts, and I’m bummed that I’m not staying there, but BW is a good consolation prize.

Will do. :(

Glad to hear you are getting more Disney, for a better value.

Enjoy your trip!

:cool2:

We are going on a cruise in October and have an early flight (arriving at 8:15) coming into Orlando the day before we embark. We would like to spend the day at a WDW and enjoy the day at a resort or DS. We have never stayed at BC. Originally we talked about doing a water park, but that seems like a bit much for our family. That's why we were thinking of staying our one night at BC. How is the pool? Are you able to see any of Epcot's fireworks from the hotel?

:welcome: to this forum!

IMHO, the Beach Club is an awesome place to stay for a resort day pre-cruise. The pool is not exactly a water park, but the slide is really fun and the lazy river is enjoyable.

There are a few places you can see fireworks from the resort without entering a park. I'll post the FAQ question with pictures in my next post.

:thumbsup2

Just wanted to share our room view we had last weekend. This was a standard view room (at least that's what we booked), but we ended up getting a pretty good view of Stormalong, and as a bonus a hidden Mickey in the sky!

View attachment 345563

:welcome: to the thread!

Thanks so much for this picture of room 3235. I love the Hidden Mickey cloud!!!

Can you give a few details about your room? Full balcony or smaller one? 2 Queens or King bed? Daybed? Was it a connecting room?

I'll add your picture to the Beach Club View thread.

::yes::

ALSO ALSO: What is the size of the safe at BC currently? is it one that is in a wall upright with a large door or a newer one that is laying down on a flat surface and has a small door that you slide items into? I noticed that POP has different safes than when I stayed at AKL and CSR. I want to make sure I leave anything that wont fit in there at home.

Room Safes in the renovated Beach Club rooms now open and lock with a numerical keypad rather than a key.

Safe%20Dec%202014%20Closed%20HM.jpg

Safe%20Dec%202014%20Open%20with%20Purse%20HM.jpg

Dimensions- Length: 14 inches, Width: 5 1/2 inches, Height: ??

We are deciding to stay at BC or BCV. Price is the same. We are DVC but have stayed at both resorts before and always enjoyed our stays. I am leaning towards BCV because we are only 2 adults so the couch vs extra bed would be nice. Am I missing anything else?

Check out Page 1, Post 16. There are a few reviews/comparisons between the Beach Club standard rooms and the villas.

:flower:

Last edited:
Can you see any of the Illuminations fireworks from places around the resort?

There are a few places where you can view some of the high fireworks from EPCOT's Illuminations show. Many people recommend watching the fireworks from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk resort areas. You can also see some of the high fireworks from the Beach Club beach or from the Stormalong Bay pool. Wood Nymph recommends the Yacht Club boat dock. Another suggestion (EagleScout) is to view the fireworks from the bridge connecting the YC and Swan resorts.

From bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk (photo by pixarmom), from the beach (photo by creativeamanda) and from Stormalong Bay (picture by natebenma):

IlluminationsfromBoardwalkBridge-1.jpg
fireworksfrombeach-1.jpg
IMG_1936-1.jpg

Check this out!!!

So I'm going to try an experiment here. I shot these using my remote shutter through the Nikon app. When I do that it also saves the images (as jpegs) to my phone and then my phone automatically uploads to Google Photos. I messed around at the airport on the way home and created a nice little animation with it using the jpegs so I'm going to try and post that. I did edit the RAW files so these aren't my "edits", and some of the shots didn't turn out great, but the animation was pretty cool and should give you a good idea of what to expect. Lets see if I can pull this off.

IMG_0322-ANIMATION.gif

Here's a link from my August 2014 trip report with pictures of the Illuminations Fireworks and the Summer Frozen Fireworks from the Boardwalk Bridge.

Fireworks as Far as the Eye Can See

Can you give a few details about your room? Full balcony or smaller one? 2 Queens or King bed? Daybed? Was it a connecting room?

The room had a full balcony, 2 queen beds, a daybed, and it was a connecting room.

Thanks!

I quoted your post and put it on the Boardwalk thread, and this was the reply:

"As of today, they still have the individual toiletries. Besides the usual, we’ve been given mouthwash, cooling gel, and foot scrub. We’ve also been given shower caps and vanity kits with cotton swabs and Emory boards. We do not use all of these items completely on a daily basis, and we are always given more."

So it appears that was misinformation from the DFB.

Ok! thank you for that! I am mostly curious because I love the lotion and that is honestly all i really want and if they DO have the mini sizes when I go I wanna make room in my luggage to bring the leftover back.

The safes are the upright ones in the wall.

Page 1297-1299

Room Safes in the renovated Beach Club rooms now open and lock with a numerical keypad rather than a key.

thank you both on the details on the safe! Im glad its not a key anymore I got so scared of losing it lol. this will work perfect for our things, Thank you!

View attachment 345689 I can’t find the post to reply but I asked at the Marketplace at Ale & Compass (YC’s equivalent to BC Marketplace) and the CM says hot items come out at 6 AM. There were several sandwiches in the hot case this morning. There is also a sign up that Mickey waffles with bacon are available at 7 AM.

We got that both mornings we were there. Super fast and convenient. We were a little bummed at first as there isn't an expansive QS like the mods have. But this worked out better, IMO

I can’t find the post to reply but I asked at the Marketplace at Ale & Compass (YC’s equivalent to BC Marketplace) and the CM says hot items come out at 6 AM. There were several sandwiches in the hot case this morning. There is also a sign up that Mickey waffles with bacon are available at 7 AM.

Thank you so much!!!

We got that both mornings we were there. Super fast and convenient. We were a little bummed at first as there isn't an expansive QS like the mods have. But this worked out better, IMO
That’s my takeaway as well- I’d love a little more selection for hot foods but I can work with what’s available. We’re at BCV and we have found we like the YC Marketplace better. We had an unexpected dinner stop (planned on QS at HS and then a downpour sent us back to the resort) and DH and I both had fantastic paninis.

We are arriving at for our first BC stay in 3 days. We are planning to arrive at HS at 7:45 for an 8am opening. Can anyone tell me if the boats will be running at that time? Also, if we decide to walk, how long is the walk as I have been reading that there is an alternate path currently from BC to HS.

We are arriving at for our first BC stay in 3 days. We are planning to arrive at HS at 7:45 for an 8am opening. Can anyone tell me if the boats will be running at that time? Also, if we decide to walk, how long is the walk as I have been reading that there is an alternate path currently from BC to HS.

I can answer the walk question, it took our family of 5 25 mins from YC to HS. Usually takes a shade under 20, so the alternate route adds at least 5 minutes. We beat the boats coming back!

Page 1297-1299

Thank you for adding me to the list, and for the information on the boats. I think we will just take the extra long walk in the morning, and ride back in the afternoon when our feet are tired :)

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

YC is a great base for an October trip- Food & Wine

:woohoo:

Someone reported recently that there was a boat at the docks at 6:30 am, but honestly, I haven't had great luck with the boats in the morning. I don't know exactly when they start moving, especially if you are trying to get to HS in the very early morning. I have also had issues with the boats being full when they arrive at the dock, so only a few people are able to get on, and the rest are left waiting for the next boat.

:boat:

OK, folks!

I need more info on this!!!!!!!!!

When the coffee makers were replaced from the drip makers, the club level rooms at BC received the Cuisinart Pod machines. I was not aware that the Beach Club Club Level rooms now have the Keurigs. Can folks who have stayed in a BC CL room since the beginning of the year confirm the type of coffee maker in the rooms?

:thanks:

:coffee:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Will do. :(

Glad to hear you are getting more Disney, for a better value.

Enjoy your trip!

:cool2:

IMHO, the Beach Club is an awesome place to stay for a resort day pre-cruise. The pool is not exactly a water park, but the slide is really fun and the lazy river is enjoyable.

There are a few places you can see fireworks from the resort without entering a park. I'll post the FAQ question with pictures in my next post.

Check out Page 1, Post 16. There are a few reviews/comparisons between the Beach Club standard rooms and the villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter