Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I apologize if this has already been answered before (1217 pages, wow!) - we’re staying at Yacht Club this summer, family of three. We’ve booked a standard queen room. I always like to request decent room beforehand (close to lobby/pool/transport). Can anyone recommend a specific room number at YC for the standard queen? Touringplans didn’t recommend any of them so my usual tool wasn’t helpful!

Thank you for any help!

It's actually best NOT to request a particular room #. If that room won't be available on your arrival day, the room assignors won't know what it's important to you. It's always best to call Disney and have your specific requests added to your reservation. List the most important request first; and best make no more than 2 or 3 requests.

It's actually best NOT to request a particular room #. If that room won't be available on your arrival day, the room assignors won't know what it's important to you. It's always best to call Disney and have your specific requests added to your reservation. List the most important request first; and best make no more than 2 or 3 requests.

Every time we have stayed at the YC we have requested a king size bed and every time we did NOT get it. We then have to go to the front desk and they switch us. It's not really a problem, but an inconvenience. Next time I am going to try requesting a specific room.

I just spoke to someone in guest services and they let me know that they have pushed back the construction until later in the year. I don’t know dates but she said it will not be happening during my vacation which is September 3-10.
The pool cabana construction? Oh man I hope this is accurate (nothing against you, PP - meaning not all CMs are truly 'in the know.') I know its 'only a small portion,' but we go late August into Sep. annually (and going this August too) and Stormalong is often packed by early afternoon - and it sometimes is 110 or so 'real feel' temps. Its not a good plan to make the only relief (other than sitting inside the room) from that to be even more crowded. (I know other families seek relief from heat by shopping or table service meals, but we can't.) Praying they keep open the slide and lazy river!
And hoping the small portion being closed is the aforementioned kiddie area - as it also seems there would be room for cabanas along the volleyball net area (towards Beaches & Cream). Not to give them any ideas!

Last edited:

The pool cabana construction? Oh man I hope this is accurate (nothing against you, PP - meaning not all CMs are truly 'in the know.') I know its 'only a small portion,' but we go late August into Sep. annually (and going this August too) and Stormalong is often packed by early afternoon - and it sometimes is 110 or so 'real feel' temps. Its not a good plan to make the only relief (other than sitting inside the room) from that to be even more crowded. (I know other families seek relief from heat shopping or table service meals, but we can't.)
And hoping the small portion being closed is the aforementioned kiddie area - as it also seems there would be room for cabanas along the volleyball net area (towards Beaches & Cream). Not to give them any ideas!
She told me that she specifically knew what I was talking about (the first cast member had not heard of the construction) and said that they had postponed it until later in the year due to the multiple pool closings happening at that time already. It was my only reason for calling and she seemed to know.

Where do they evacuate you to I wonder? Surely it'd be safer inside than out unless the building is on fire?
Hope everyone safe. Sounds scary.

I heard it was to the YC Convention center. The building was not on fire, but the lightning strike caused the fire alarms to go off, according to a friend who is there now.

::yes::

There I go, responding to a question that has already been answered. Twice!

:laughing:

Do BC and YC always share to go to AK and MK? Is Boardwalk ever shared with these two? I want to go in Dec but I have two young kids and would like to not be stuck on a bus any longer than we have to. Not sure if there’s even really any distinguishable difference in BC or BW service at all so any input would be appreciated :)

Quick update now that we are back from our first time staying at the YC. WOW

On checkin we where informed we received a "Magical Upgrade" (the first one we have ever received). We had booked a Garden view with 2 queen beds. We received a Lake View on the first floor. Room 1161 to be specific. The room was stunning and the view was wonderful. We made use of the patio a number of times to unwind and watch the world go by. The new upgrades to the YC rooms now have made them our fav on property!

These room upgrades are simply put where very smartly designed. So much space to put things away and hide the suitcases. The pillows where not my fav but they worked fine. And the shower... oh my. I need that shower at home lol. Only complaint we had was we normally turn the fan on for the AC to provide white noise, it keeps going to Auto it seems every hour. I have to say this remodel alone will bring us to YC more.

We used the pool far more than expected and truly loved it vs the other places we have stayed (including The Grand). We can see now why they had to go to the Magic Band system for letting people in. Only negative with the pool was a rude bartender who served everyone in front of us, then everyone seated, then went back to check on some seated guests, then one person who popped into a empty chair area before coming back to us some 15 min latter while being funny and nice to everyone. She gave us the "fine I will get your drink" attitude when we finally ordered our 3 drinks, then immediately back to being nice to everyone else. I have no idea why since it was my first time at the bar and did not say anything after she went on to help others after she stopped serving the line when I was next. *shrugs* Other pool bar tenders later on where great.

We enjoyed Ale & Compass Restaurant a lot. The Ale & Compass Lounge was also fun but due to a few conferences at the YC it was packed and loud.

All in all. The Grand will still be my special home away from home, but I think the Yacht Club will be my go to resort due to our love of Epcot.

Photo of room view on this tweet of mine: https://twitter.com/wiredforflight/status/996835876599746560

Oh and the lighting strike and fire alarm just added to the excitement lol

Page 1205

Hello Everyone, been an interesting few months for myself, but next trip for us is July 2nd thru the 5th BC CL for my niece 21st birthday. Then we have made have rebooked as well for Christmas already the 23rd thru 28th BC CL and we are currently looking sometime in Oct for food and wine

I don't have your Christmas trip on the list, so I will add that. Let us know if you end up booking for October as well.

:goodvibes

Does anyone have an updated room service menu?

From another website: Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining

This may be a silly question, but we haven't stayed at YC/BC in years... I'm noticing that YC is considerably less expensive than BC for our trip. Is there a reason why?

:welcome: to the thread!

Have you booked a trip?

:thumbsup2

Do BC and YC always share to go to AK and MK? Is Boardwalk ever shared with these two? I want to go in Dec but I have two young kids and would like to not be stuck on a bus any longer than we have to. Not sure if there’s even really any distinguishable difference in BC or BW service at all so any input would be appreciated :)

In our most recent experiences, Oct. '17 and Jan. '18, BC and YC busses to MK and AK were not shared with BW. We stayed at the BCVs and each trip we left BC and headed to MK or AK. Return trips from both parks usually stop at all 5 Epcot resorts. If staying at the BC the only issue that you may run into is a semi-full or full bus arriving from YC which may result in you and your family either standing or possibly waiting for another bus due to max capacity. If seating is important and it's peak travel time you may want to walk to the YC bus stop to insure a better chance of a seat.

Page 1206

it’s so good to hear your trip report! I have been a bit nervous about the lukewarm BC CL reviews, but not many recently. How have the food options been for you? There have been lots of yummy YC CL photos- wondering if BC CL food has been great, too?
Enjoy the rest of your trip, and thank you for taking time to post!

:welcome: back!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked?

The food offerings should be the same in BC and YC club level lounges.

:thumbsup2

Thanks to you and Tess for update. Will have to take a look at our plans for YC stay over Memorial Day weekend now. We don't mind the walk but sometimes it is nice to sit on the boat for a break!

I don't have your Memorial Day trip listed on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add it.

:goodvibes

Hi all! When requesting a room at BC during online check-in, I see you can select ground floor, lower floor, and large balcony (among other options that don't pertain to my question here). We'd prefer a first or second floor room with a large balcony/patio. Does anyone know if selecting "large balcony" precludes you from getting a patio? Do they consider the first floor patios to be balconies? Or should I just check the request "ground floor" box? I do not want to contradict my requests.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I am not really sure what the impact of making those particular requests through online check-in or what would happen if contradictory requests are selected. If you are completing the online checkin requests, it sounds like "Lower Floor" (which I think includes the ground floor) and "Large Balcony/Patio" would be the requests that most closely align with your preferences.

My advice is to make sure you call in your requests to Disney's Central Reservations Office (First or Second Floor, patio or full balcony, please). If you booked the trip through a travel agent, they will have to add the requests to your reservation.

She told me that she specifically knew what I was talking about (the first cast member had not heard of the construction) and said that they had postponed it until later in the year due to the multiple pool closings happening at that time already. It was my only reason for calling and she seemed to know.
Thanks!! (I know, things can always change again, but I'll take even the chance its postponed - either it is, or at least its a possibility. Yay!)

I just received this reply from guest services about the partial pool closure/cabana construction:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort! We can't wait to see you here!
At this time we will be starting refurbishments Mid-August to Fall of 2018. We do not have exact dates at this moment.
If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
Althea Coffelt
eCommerce Sales and Service Team
PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

No matter, we will be at the BC August 10-18!

I'm shocked that they would do construction there during the F&W Festival. People specifically book Yacht and Beach Club at that time to enjoy the Festival, and you take away one of the major benefits of paying a premium price? Count me among those that would think January & Early February would be a better time. And, let's be realistic. If Disney wanted to do this in two weeks, they could. But, they'll likely drag it out for 3-4 months. Nothing is every constructed quickly at Disney.

I am super excited to hear they might finally be putting cabanas in!! :beach:

I hope everyone relaxes a little about the construction tho. If they go in the area on the map Dee posted, I'm sure there will be very little disruption to the main pool areas during construction. Will probably affect the kiddie sand area more than anything else. Thinking about it, there is very little "down time" at SAB. Late August & September are among the slowest times of year. October & Nobember are busy convention times, leading to Christmas, weeks around the Marathon in January, into spring break, Easter then summer crowds -- all very busy times. Y & B are pretty much full all year round. We will be there starting Sept 8, so will probably be there during construction. But I'm still excited & can't wait to be able to book one!!

Every time we have stayed at the YC we have requested a king size bed and every time we did NOT get it. We then have to go to the front desk and they switch us. It's not really a problem, but an inconvenience. Next time I am going to try requesting a specific room.

Ok. Good luck with that!

Help me out, I'm a little confused by the remodeling of the YC ground level. My DH and I used to have a few glasses of wine from a place off the lobby (it was just a bar) and take them back to our room, does that still exist or is it something else now? Also, has the old gift shop turned into the new snack marketplace? If so, where did the gift shop go? Trying to get my bearings :) Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter