Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was originally doing a split stay at the Yacht CL July 13-19 and Wilderness CL 19-24 and I made both reservations without any discounts since nothing was available yet and I would just apply an offer when available. I was excited to see summer offers available but then quickly became unexcited when I saw that neither reservation can receive a discount. Interestingly the offer can be applied if I do the entire 13-24 trip at just YC or just WL. I was expecting WL to come in cheaper but I guess since they chopped off half the regular hotel rooms to sell more timeshare YC ended up being a bit cheaper so now I am doing YC CL July 13-24.

Definitely keep checking the My Disney Experience app for openings. Our last vacation, we planned on quick service only, but Pop decided he wanted Beaches &Cream. I checked the app at 3:30pm and got same day 5pm ADR. If all else fails, you can walk over to the Fountain the Dolphin for great burgers, then stop at B&C walk up window for your sundaes (unless they want the whole Kitchen Sink!) We did that as well our last stay.
Hope you have a great stay!

Are you able to order food to-go and eat outside at tge pool?
Unfortunately no. The only to-go option is ice cream. You can order burgers and a few other items from Storm Along Bay's poolside bar, though I don't think the food is as good as it is at Beaches & Cream. We tried to order to-go food from Crew's Cup lounge but they wouldn't let us.

We will be headed to Beach Club June 1-4. I have one disappointment: I didn't make ADR and now can't get a seat at Beaches and Cream after I told my boys about it :headache: but they will be just fine with the walk-up to order ice cream. But I was hoping to do a lunch there for the burgers. Maybe I'll have luck walking up and asking if there were any cancellations when we are there!

If you are looking for a good burger at BC, you might want to go to Crews Cup. We like their burgers better than Beaches and Cream. They recently changed their menu and have a "fancy" burger listed (lots of toppings), but you can still get a regular burger by asking (and it is less expensive than the burger on the menu).

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but would someone care to give me a quick pros and cons of Deluxe studio vs regular room? I'm booked in a regular garden view.

The studio is a little bit cheaper. Besides that is there any compelling reason to switch?

Our family of 4 will be at BC CL Sat 5/6-Sun 5/14. My sister is hinting around that she'd like to go. We were thinking of maybe inviting her to stay with us midweek, maybe Tues-Friday. Is this possible, to add another person for midweek only? If so, how much would the fee be? And obviously we would need a daybed at that point--I know thats not guaranteed, but I had heard they gave preference to parties of 5 people for daybeds. Is it too late for that?

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but would someone care to give me a quick pros and cons of Deluxe studio vs regular room? I'm booked in a regular garden view.

The studio is a little bit cheaper. Besides that is there any compelling reason to switch?

It is
Deluxe Studio Only 1 Queen bed and a sleeper sofa. Hotel Room 2 Queen beds and maybe a day bed
With sofa folded up in Studio you have more "living space" for sitting and watching TV etc. Nice for adults only. Crowded for families, IMHO
Deluxe Studio - if staying on points no daily mousekeeping, clean towels or coffee and toiletries replenished. If paying cash daily mousekeeping and replenishments like regular hotel room
Deluxe Studio - Kitchenette with sm fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink, toaster, paper plates and plastic ware. Takes up some space if you will not use it.
Free laundry facilities for Villa guests. Pay laundry for hotel room
We own at BCV. When we go as a couple we stay in studios are we are very happy. I thought I would miss daily mousekeeping but I actually now prefer not to have it. But when there are more than 2 of us we do not stay in Studios

@lionsmom

I just wanted to add one more thing about Uber.

You really should plan to be in the lobby or nearby to where you want to get picked up. They can charge waiting fees or no show fees. Sometimes they are so close by they you make the request and they call you nearly instantly to let you know they are waiting for you.

Also, you can open the app anytime and see if there are cars nearby without actually having to book. So you can check when ever you decide.

Have a terrific trip!
Thank you so much for the great information. From what I am hearing from everyone here, it sounds like Uber is going to be much easier than I first thought. I was thinking of it more like a taxi service where a car would be dispatched from a call center, but this sounds much different and much quicker than that.

Ugh just missed the discount for our trip in August, no more garden view rooms available. Will have to keep checking back to see if they add any. Fingers crossed....

Unfortunately no. The only to-go option is ice cream. You can order burgers and a few other items from Storm Along Bay's poolside bar, though I don't think the food is as good as it is at Beaches & Cream. We tried to order to-go food from Crew's Cup lounge but they wouldn't let us.
I have been able to order carry-out from Ale and Compass on a number of times. They pack it up very nicely. and the food comes from the same kitchen used by Crew's Cup Lounge - I believe from Captain's Grille. Of course, a tip for the bartender is always appropriate. Many of the menu items at A&C duplicate those at Crew's Cup, including the burger.

When the Captain's Grille moves to temp quarters, I wonder where the lounge food will be made.

I have been able to order carry-out from Ale and Compass on a number of times. They pack it up very nicely. and the food comes from the same kitchen used by Crew's Cup Lounge - I believe from Captain's Grille. Of course, a tip for the bartender is always appropriate. Many of the menu items at A&C duplicate those at Crew's Cup, including the burger.

When the Captain's Grille moves to temp quarters, I wonder where the lounge food will be made.
Good to know. I'll try again next trip - my recollection is that I wanted to get the food at Crew's Cup to take to the pool and was told it was a no-go. Maybe I should just tell them I want it to go and not for the pool?

Good to know. I'll try again next trip - my recollection is that I wanted to get the food at Crew's Cup to take to the pool and was told it was a no-go. Maybe I should just tell them I want it to go and not for the pool?
Crew's Cup won't do carry-outs; I know, I've tried!
Ale and Compass will do carry-outs, however...even to bring out to the pool. :)

Our family of 4 will be at BC CL Sat 5/6-Sun 5/14. My sister is hinting around that she'd like to go. We were thinking of maybe inviting her to stay with us midweek, maybe Tues-Friday. Is this possible, to add another person for midweek only? If so, how much would the fee be? And obviously we would need a daybed at that point--I know thats not guaranteed, but I had heard they gave preference to parties of 5 people for daybeds. Is it too late for that?
If you have a package booked, all people on the package must be booked for all the same entitlements and number of days. If you have a room only reservation, you can add a person for a few days, assuming you don't go over the room capacity. But you really need to do it while you are there, they can't really do it ahead of time. You would be charged a fee if that puts you over 2 adults in the room (though they don't always do it); I think it is $15 or $25/day. So if you add your sister upon arrival or during the trip, you may or may not already have a daybed. You are certainly able to request one and might get it, even with only 4 people. And if not, they should be able to provide you with a cot instead.

Well, I just couldn't wait until December for our next trip, so I booked one today. Jim and I are going Sept. 29-27 . We will be in a lagoon, water view room at the Beach Club. No club level this trip, which is fine with me. No cast 50% off availability,but was able to get 40% off, so I am happy. Don't plan on going in the parks much, just enjoying the pool and some good meals.

Just a point of clarification.
Disney no longer allows you do just drop nights from an existing reservation. The only way you can get a 5 night stay will be to cancel your current reservation and rebook a 5 night stay, if available not counting the 7 nights you just cancelled. It is possible that a 5 night reservation is not available to book. It is very possible the summer discount will not be available. If at all possible, it is best to make your decision now and book what you want so you are not out of luck
Thank you so much for the info. I did go ahead and finalized my plans. I was about to drop the last 2 nights, no questions and they did not have to cancel my reservation and rebook it. The agent was super nice and very helpful.

We stopped by the Yacht Club today to have lunch at Crews Cup Lounge. We also checked out the construction of the new quick service at Fittings and Farings. You can't see any of the construction but it does look like it going to convert approximately half of the gift shop into the quick service area.

We chatted with Al, the greeter at the YC, and another CM about the ongoing convention construction. They said that the park bus stops for both the YC and BC have remained unchanged. They are still in their regular locations. But now the buses travel through the parking lot to get around the construction area, which takes a couple extra minutes.

They also said that they weren't going to close Captain's Grill for remodeling until after the quick service location is open. We'll be staying at the BC in May so I guess we will see what the new quick service looks like.

If you have a package booked, all people on the package must be booked for all the same entitlements and number of days. If you have a room only reservation, you can add a person for a few days, assuming you don't go over the room capacity. But you really need to do it while you are there, they can't really do it ahead of time. You would be charged a fee if that puts you over 2 adults in the room (though they don't always do it); I think it is $15 or $25/day. So if you add your sister upon arrival or during the trip, you may or may not already have a daybed. You are certainly able to request one and might get it, even with only 4 people. And if not, they should be able to provide you with a cot instead.
Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! I just booked YC CL for 7/22 - 7/29. Not sure if I will keep it 7 nights or drop to 5. I was just excited to get the summer discount! Am I reading the first page correctly that the YC CL have been renovated?

Can you please add me to the list. Thanks!
The 5th floor is all completed :) And they are working on the 4th floor now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter