Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

@lionsmom

I just wanted to add one more thing about Uber.

You really should plan to be in the lobby or nearby to where you want to get picked up. They can charge waiting fees or no show fees. Sometimes they are so close by they you make the request and they call you nearly instantly to let you know they are waiting for you.

Also, you can open the app anytime and see if there are cars nearby without actually having to book. So you can check when ever you decide.

Have a terrific trip!

But don't expect them to call you. The only times they have called me was when they couldn't find me - neither of those were times when I was someplace obvious, like in front of a hotel. Once I was calling from a building which did not have an obvious entrance on the street, the other time I was calling from the street and I couldn't see the Uber behind a bus.

I always go outside to where I want to be picked up, and then use the app to request the car.

Well, I just couldn't wait until December for our next trip, so I booked one today. Jim and I are going Sept. 29-27 . We will be in a lagoon, water view room at the Beach Club. No club level this trip, which is fine with me. No cast 50% off availability,but was able to get 40% off, so I am happy. Don't plan on going in the parks much, just enjoying the pool and some good meals.

A lagoon, water view room sounds great! Enjoy!

I'm finally below 200 days for our October trip! I hate waiting.

YC, here I come...

I totally understand how you feel! We were almost a year out when we booked, but are now down to 58 days! The year went a lot faster than I expected! Hopefully, your 200 days will go by quickly as well!

page 832

I finalized our reservations after making several changes to our reservations with cancelling and booking. We are doing a split stay at Beach Club and Shades of Green. I know it's not considered on property, as we usually stay at SOG. But, we like it there, too. I'm so excited about the Beach Club, the theme looks great! I think the kids will love it!

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the pool, or where it's deepest at? I ran a search on it both in forums and on Touringplans, but wasn't popping up for me, or maybe my search wasn't quite the right wording. Is the lazy river deeper than the pool? Does the lazy river really push you along or is it pretty lazy? My kids are 54 and 56.5 inches tall. Both are swimmers, and we will be in the pool with them, but it's such a large pool and can't help but want to know as my youngest sometimes just doesn't realize when he's too tired. We've been to many types of lazy rivers, some you put some work into to get around, some the water jets kind of stream you along in the general direction, and some moved fast and didn't feel so lazy!

I would describe the strength of the current as "the jets push you along in the general direction". I have timed how long it takes to make one complete revolution without any paddling, so you will keep moving along, but sometimes I have had to push off from the wall.

The deepest part of the lazy river is 8 feet. There are other parts that are less than 5 feet because I can stand upright and not be under water.

DSCF1238 - Copy.JPG

:fish:

The lazy river is deep...8 feet I think. The current can be fast in some parts. That said, on one of our trips to BC/YC my daughter was 8. She had badly broken her arm/elbow. She had had surgery and had gotten her cast off 3 days before our trip. Her left arm was kind of useless still and she was only swimming with one arm. I stayed right with her in the lazy river but she was fine with only her 1 arm Hope this helps!

:wave:

First ride is usually free when you download the app. As far as how far in advance to reserve, I haven't used at Disney (but intend to this next trip) but we use all the time in the DC area and typically only need to reserve the ride a few minutes in advance of departure because there are plenty of drivers. My understanding is that Uber is pretty popular in the Disney area so, assuming there are plenty of drivers there too, you should be able to arrange the ride about 15 minutes before departure (or perhaps even less). There are others who have more experience with Uber at Disney who can weigh in.

Link to a post from last year by Touring Plans blog describing their experience with Uber - http://www.disneytouristblog.com/uber-disney-world-tips/

There is a great thread on the Transportation Forum here on the DIS - Everything you wanted to know about Uber at Disney
Check here
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/

Thank you both for the info and links. I have a "placeholder" for Uber info in my Transportation section on Page 1. Now I have something to put there!

:car:

Last edited:
page 833

Heading to the Yacht Club for the first time August 16. Do you think chances of getting a new room are good?

We haven't been given a timetable for the work. I have seen everything from late summer/early fall to end of the year for the YC room refurbishments to be completed. So chances are good that you could have a renovated room. You could always add "Newly renovated room, please" to your reservation as request.

:goodvibes

We had initially booked my favorite BC CL for our annual mother/daughter trip earlier this month and changed it to AKL CL due to a significant discount (and my daughter really wanted to stay there again as it has been a few years.) While we were there, she got the notice that she was accepted to the college program for the fall so now we are going back! While AKL was fine, we really missed being at BC and are so excited to be going back so soon. I just booked BC CL LV for August 30th to September 10. She checks in to the program on Sept 5 so we will have 6 days before to just enjoy the parks, a day of moving in and grocery shopping and then I will stay another 5 days to enjoy F&W by myself or with her when she has free time.

We are going to drive down from CT so that she can have her car and then I will fly back. I have never done a road trip like this before so we plan on taking it easy and staying over two nights on the way.

Of course, now I will have to go "check on her" in October and December:rolleyes1 and my husband and son and I are all going to go for Thanksgiving week! It will be the first time for the two of them in quite a while. I'll be flying back and forth so much I should just stay there the whole time-:D. I am going to wait and see what the fall discounts look like before I book any more stays. I am thinking WL for December, BC for all of us for Thanksgiving and either AKL or BWI for October. Fun decisions for sure.

So glad I converted our 10 day hoppers to annual passes!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list!

Let us know if some of your other trips lead you back here as well when you are booked.

:woohoo:

No, she goes to college at Johnson and Wales in Providence. She will be a senior in the fall and her major is Sports and Event Entertainment Management and this will satisfy one of her internship requirements. She actually was offered another internship with the NY Yankees so she will be spending the summer living in NYC and then heading to Disney. We are so proud of her-to have these two world renown entities on her resume should be fantastic for her future job prospects. They are both very selective and we are just thrilled beyond belief that she was accepted for both.

Congratulations to your daughter! What a couple of excellent internships.

:thumbsup2

Hey BC experts! It has been a couple years since we've stayed at our long-time favorite resort the Beach Club. Sadly, we waited for the refurb to be finished and then stayed in a new room (it's awesome!!) but learned that because of some room configurations they still could not put daybeds in every room. So we've had to step away from BC because even though we're only a family of 4, our 2 kids are older now and we very much need that daybed. Monorail resort rooms all have daybeds, so it's a no-brainer for us to stay there. However, in reading a different thread, a couple people seem pretty positive all BC rooms now have daybeds. Part of me wants to believe this, of course! But part of me knows it may not be true. So I thought I'd come to this thread as I know you guys will have the scoop! Thanks!

:wave2:

As Wood Nymph replied, daybeds were not able to be added to all of the rooms at the resort due to the differences in room size.

::yes::

Love Emperor's New Groove! DD and I could go around quoting it all day. It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant I tell you!
And you need to see the movies you listed above! Disney's put out some great stuff recently. Frozen's probably my least favorite of them. :duck:

So many great lines! "Demon Llama!" "Bring it on!" And my favorite "Wait, was the woman scary beyond all reason?"

:lmao:

Hi everyone! I just booked YC CL for 7/22 - 7/29. Not sure if I will keep it 7 nights or drop to 5. I was just excited to get the summer discount! Am I reading the first page correctly that the YC CL have been renovated?

Can you please add me to the list. Thanks!

Will do. Did you cut days from the beginning or end of the trip (or one from each end)?

:cool1:

I'm back!!! They were still on one half of the 4th floor when we were there. A CM in the gift shop mentioned they planned to be finished with the one half (food part) of the gift shop by April and then work on the other half. It really was noisy down there, those poor CMs. The new rooms are GORGEOUS! DH and I didn't expect to like them as much as we did. We were in 5174, King bed room SV CL. We definitely prefer BC over YC, but it is a wonderful resort. I am posting a link to my CL review here, https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-424#post-57340176

Summer discounts are out, so everyone get booking!!!!

Thanks so much for the review and the pictures you provided. I'll take some of the info and post in the view thread and review sections if that is ok.

page 834

I appreciate the feedback and information I get from the forum. I'm learning so much about the Beach Club and the latest happenings in Disney. I didn't realize the World of Pandora was that big, thought it was just one ride, but now looking above I noticed it must be more than one ride, so I started looking for more info on it and found a neat link about it: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201703/5482/

We will be headed to Beach Club June 1-4. I have one disappointment: I didn't make ADR and now can't get a seat at Beaches and Cream after I told my boys about it :headache: but they will be just fine with the walk-up to order ice cream. But I was hoping to do a lunch there for the burgers. Maybe I'll have luck walking up and asking if there were any cancellations when we are there!

Thanks for the dates. As others have said, keep checking, especially closer to the trip. Since there is now a no-show fee for reservations, it is possible you could snag one within a week or even day of your trip.

You can try a walk-up, maybe at opening, but as GeorgiaHoo indicates below, the restaurant is very small and has limited seating.

Good luck!

You should check Beaches & Cream a few days before arrival and during your stay - people often make last minute cancellations, though that place can be really tough to get a reservation because of the limited size.

Wahoo!!!! I booked our vacation back in January - but have been waiting on discounts to see if we would have to move to another resort.. Was able to apply the current summer discount to our vacation this morning and saved quite a bit of $$$... Still hoping that free dining becomes an option as I think given the way we eat and a now 11 year old on our trip that will save us a bit more. But pretty confident that we will now be returning to the Yacht Club Aug 18-25!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

@lionsmom

I just wanted to add one more thing about Uber.

You really should plan to be in the lobby or nearby to where you want to get picked up. They can charge waiting fees or no show fees. Sometimes they are so close by they you make the request and they call you nearly instantly to let you know they are waiting for you.

Also, you can open the app anytime and see if there are cars nearby without actually having to book. So you can check when ever you decide.

Have a terrific trip!

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for the info!

Anyone know why the Beach Club appears to be sold out August 5th through 8th?

I don't know why, but I noticed Yacht Club was also not available for those dates through Disney.

It is possible that other third party booking travel agencies may have rooms in inventory for those dates.

:scratchin

Are you able to order food to-go and eat outside at tge pool?

As others have said- there are a few options to get takeout food that you can eat poolside

Ale & Compass- yes
Hurricane Hanna's at pool- yes
Fittings & Fairings at the Yacht Club is renovating to add food options
Marketplace at the Beach Club- yes

Beaches & Cream- no
Crews Cup- no

:cool2:

I was originally doing a split stay at the Yacht CL July 13-19 and Wilderness CL 19-24 and I made both reservations without any discounts since nothing was available yet and I would just apply an offer when available. I was excited to see summer offers available but then quickly became unexcited when I saw that neither reservation can receive a discount. Interestingly the offer can be applied if I do the entire 13-24 trip at just YC or just WL. I was expecting WL to come in cheaper but I guess since they chopped off half the regular hotel rooms to sell more timeshare YC ended up being a bit cheaper so now I am doing YC CL July 13-24.

I'll revise the dates on your listing.

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but would someone care to give me a quick pros and cons of Deluxe studio vs regular room? I'm booked in a regular garden view.

The studio is a little bit cheaper. Besides that is there any compelling reason to switch?

I put stuff like this- comparisons and reviews in Post 16 on Page 1. There is a link there- I'll post the info when I am done with this page. See the next post.

From Page 1, Post 16 (info compiled June 2015)

Beach Club Villa Studio vs. Beach Club resort standard room

All Beach Club Villa rooms have a full balcony. Around 50% of regular Beach Club rooms have full balconies, the remainder of the rooms have a one-person "Juliet" balcony.

Last year I was able to "rent" points for a stay at the Beach CLub. Oh mi gawd-- I loved every second of every day. I want to plan my birthday trip for next year and think I want to book into the resort directly instead of going to the villas. Can you tell me if there is any MAIN differences between a standard villa room vs a standard resort room??

My rented studio villa had one bed and a sofa. I see in pictures that the regular resort room has two queen beds.

does it have a refrigerator? microwave or toaster?

2 Queen beds and some have daybeds also. There is a refrigerator and coffee maker. I have been told you may request a microwave, not sure about the toaster, however there is a toaster and microwave in the Marketplace.

The BC resort room has two queen beds and many of them have a daybed, too. The rooms have mini refrigerators and single cup Cuisinart makers, but no microwaves or toasters. The Marketplace has both of those for guests to use. The furnishings are nicer - a little more upscale - than in the villas building and the BC rooms are a little bigger than the studios. But only about 50% of the BC rooms have a full balcony while all of the studios have them. If I was given a choice between the BC resort and a BCV studio, i would choose the BC resort every time. The rooms are that much nicer. :)

If I was given a choice between the BC resort and a BCV studio, i would choose...

the BCV studio. The villas feel like home to me. I like having the couch. I like the kitchenette. I like the 1 bedrooms even better. I don't care about the choices made by the decorators.

I haven't stayed at the BCV, but I can at least compare how I feel about the regular rooms at one resort versus staying in a villa. We've stayed at AKL three times and at AKV twice. For our next trip, my family overwhelmingly voted for the villas. Now we've stayed in a 1 BR villa versus a studio. But I love the villas. The laundry facilities, being able to nuke leftovers or a hot dog if my son is being silly about food. I didn't miss mousekeeping one bit. Actually realized how much I like not having someone else in my room each day.

I could have written this. I love the Villas as well and would always choose them over a standard hotel room. I agree that they are a bit worn and outdated, but with the refurb beginning now, I expect they will once again be beautiful. They are getting all new furniture, drapes, linens, upgraded electrical and new stainless steel appliances

Well, I just couldn't wait until December for our next trip, so I booked one today. Jim and I are going Sept. 29-27 . We will be in a lagoon, water view room at the Beach Club. No club level this trip, which is fine with me. No cast 50% off availability,but was able to get 40% off, so I am happy. Don't plan on going in the parks much, just enjoying the pool and some good meals.

I'll add you to the list- can you clarify your dates?

Does anyone know when you order the chocolate covered strawberries from private dining how many you get for the $25?

I just did a search of strawberries on this thread and it brought me to a post with a listing of the private dining menu that said you get 5 strawberries for $25. This was for an Illuminations Cruise, but I presume you get the same quantity for in-room delivery.

Private Dining

Last edited:
page 833

We haven't been given a timetable for the work. I have seen everything from late summer/early fall to end of the year for the YC room refurbishments to be completed. So chances are good that you could have a renovated room. You could always add "Newly renovated room, please" to your reservation as request.

I'll add you to the list!

Let us know if some of your other trips lead you back here as well when you are booked.

Congratulations to your daughter! What a couple of excellent internships.

:wave2:

As Wood Nymph replied, daybeds were not able to be added to all of the rooms at the resort due to the differences in room size.

So many great lines! "Demon Llama!" "Bring it on!" And my favorite "Wait, was the woman scary beyond all reason?"

:lmao:

Will do. Did you cut days from the beginning or end of the trip (or one from each end)?

Thanks so much for the review and the pictures you provided. I'll take some of the info and post in the view thread and review sections if that is ok.

Hi natebenma!! We skipped YC last year and went to NYC instead, we all loved the city but missed our beloved YC terribly! We all agreed it's not a vacation unless we are at the YC. Will be there 7/22-7/27. Scored CL with the summer discount!!

I have dinner at Cape May the night we arrive (plane arrives at noon so I figured dinner would be ok), Lunch at Beaches and Cream, expecting to have ice cream for that meal :) and a breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno, along with a couple in park meals (Tuskers, Garden Grill, BOG dinner, Hollywood and Vine). I was happy to get the ones I wanted, the website gave me issues booking, I did most of them on the app except one I had to call.

I just found out Teppan Edo is one of those places where they cook the food RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! Yeah, y'all probably already know that... but I had NO idea, it just seemed kind of a boring menu to me before. My family and I haven't been to a place like that in about 15 years! And now I'm thinking Tokyo Dining might make for a good late night dinner one night as I see it (might?) be a good spot to see some fireworks from Illuminations. (As much as I'm interested in seeing Illuminations I just can't quite cope with firework show-level crowds right now, so anything I can see without feeling like a sardine is more than I thought I'd get to see!) Anyways... how far away is the Japanese Pavilion from BC in the evening, I'm thinking 10-15 min walk? We're the leisurely pace type :)

I just found out Teppan Edo is one of those places where they cook the food RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! Yeah, y'all probably already know that... but I had NO idea, it just seemed kind of a boring menu to me before. My family and I haven't been to a place like that in about 15 years! And now I'm thinking Tokyo Dining might make for a good late night dinner one night as I see it (might?) be a good spot to see some fireworks from Illuminations. (As much as I'm interested in seeing Illuminations I just can't quite cope with firework show-level crowds right now, so anything I can see without feeling like a sardine is more than I thought I'd get to see!) Anyways... how far away is the Japanese Pavilion from BC in the evening, I'm thinking 10-15 min walk? We're the leisurely pace type :)

The walk from Tokyo Dining in the evening will be more like 20 minutes to BC, maybe a few more. Japan is on the other side of World Showcase. So it is about a 5 -10 minute walk to the International GAteway, then another 10 or so to Japan.
To clarify, Tokyo Dining is a separate restaurant from Teppan Edo. Both are in Japan, but they do not cook teppan style, in front of you, at Tokyo Dining.

Of course you can share, you know I take pictures just to share with my DIS buddies :hug: DH enjoyed helping this time :)

We did Tokyo Dining on our last trip and loved it. Although if on the DDP and you love sushi, I would rather pay OOP as the DDP leaves you with entrees rather than sushi plates. We too are trying Teppan Edo for the first time in August and can't wait. They aren't the same restaurant or style but you take the same set of stairs to get there, Tokyo Dining check in is to the right/straight and Teppan Edo is to the left when you get up the stairs.Tokyo Dining if you do later night and hopefully snag a window table will give you Illuminations views but Teppan Edo will not, no windows there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter