• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all, we'll be staying a long weekend at YC CL in two weeks. What are the food options looking like lately? Thanks!

Hi! No one has reported from the YC club level in awhile so no news on the food lately. Sorry.

However, seems like you might be one of the first people to stay in the newly renovated rooms!!! :goodvibes Hope is you do get a nice new room you'll come back & post lots of pictures & tell us all about it!!

Have a great trip!

Hi! No one has reported from the YC club level in awhile so no news on the food lately. Sorry.

However, seems like you might be one of the first people to stay in the newly renovated rooms!!! :goodvibes Hope is you do get a nice new room you'll come back & post lots of pictures & tell us all about it!!

Have a great trip!

Really! I didn't realize they had refurbished the rooms. I'm a little behind and trying to catch up now. I was debating switching to contemporary, but now I'm thinking never mind!

I'd love to hear, as well. If we don't, I hope that you come back after your vacation and give us the low-down. Have a great trip!

I will definitely give a review with lots of pictures!

Really! I didn't realize they had refurbished the rooms. I'm a little behind and trying to catch up now. I was debating switching to contemporary, but now I'm thinking never mind!

I will definitely give a review with lots of pictures!

Check page 1 under Resort Renovation News for YC info with links to some photos. The links take you to some photos on page 761 & Allears.net. So far they are prototypes so we"re all dieing to see what the rooms really look like! About a week ago someone reported the club level was to reopen soon, possibly this week.

Check page 1 under Resort Renovation News for YC info with links to some photos. The links take you to some photos on page 761 & Allears.net. So far they are prototypes so we"re all dieing to see what the rooms really look like! About a week ago someone reported the club level was to reopen soon, possibly this week.

We'll be there Friday, March 10- Sunday, march 12th. Hope everything is all set by then!

We'll be there Friday, March 10- Sunday, march 12th. Hope everything is all set by then!

Post 12 on page 1 of this thread has a link to my YC CL photos from my October trip. I'm not sure if any of the food and drink offerings have changed, but they should be very similar to what I have posted. The beers may change seasonally.

Have a great trip!

:goodvibes

Hello Y&BC Family. Havent posted much but booked again for our Marathon Weekend Trip! 10th anniversary so what the heck. Made it a Marathon Week.

So Mrs Dee. If you want to add MckeyT and his crazy sisters to the list we'll be 'Home' at the BCV's from Janurary 1st - January 8th!

Venturing over to the deluxe resort area... we are in the pre-planning stages of a spectacular May/June 2018 trip to celebrate my oldest dd graduating from high school, our 18th anniversary, my youngest dd's 1st WDW trip and well the 13 yr old would be celebrating all and there for family, fun & food LOL so a family of 5. We have been twice, stayed at Coronado both times and absolutely loved it, but are wanting to try something different this year and because we are a family of 5, options are limited in lower category resorts and honestly I priced out the trip between deluxe, value suites and a mod and the deluxe for us was not that much more expensive based on the fun & sun package deal going right now. I know those prices will change obviously but I think it's a fairly good indication of how it would be in 2018.

Honestly I would love to stay at Poly but that is out of our price range and dh and I will be doing a land/sea 20th anniversary trip and will likely stay at Poly then. So I have browsed through a good portion of this very long but informative thread and am really leaning towards Beach Club because I love going to the beach and while its not a true beach, I can see relaxing by the lake area in kids playing in the sand, plus the awesome sounding storm a long bay, my whole family would enjoy! I do not have any specific questions off hand to ask, but just wanted to post and keep up with latest updates about renovations, etc.

Oh I do have one question, am I correct in my understanding you can walk to both Epcot, HS as well as the Boardwalk Inn?

Here's some speculation for you. I'm betting that the Gondola transportation system will be an up-sell charge for everyone except DVC members. The new Caribbean Beach DVC owners will pay for it with their share of their dues.

They are going to have to find a way to A) pay for the project and B) throttle the sheer volume of people who will want to use this new system. Magic bands will make it easy to thin the herds and check for payment. Don't see it yet?? Disney is running up-charge buses in between parks.

Horrifying thought but that's where we are headed. Disney will leave no up-sell opportunity untouched.

~NM

page 796

Hello. I have made reservations for BC Club Level Aug 5th through 8th. I see there is a dessert/cordial offering in the evening. What kind of cordials do they serve? Have any of you made mixed cocktails with the alcohol provided? If so, what are your recipes?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

These were the cordials offered in the Regatta (Yacht Club) lounge in October. The selections may change by the time of your trip, but should be similar

Desserts and Cordials 8 pm to 10 pm

IMG_7973.jpg

For my complete post of pictures from my YC CL stay, you can go to the link on Page 1, Post 12 or to Page 715 of this thread.

:thumbsup2

This is the first thread I have found mentioning this as a (major IMHO) downside of a possible skyway. Your point was my first thought too. I really hope it doesn't happen as I love the relatively low crowds of the Crescent Lake area and IG! I also agree with other posters that it seems a weird thing to build in such a stormy/lightning prone state...

Sorry I failed to add this in to my above post - apologies for not "multiquoting" it. Hit the wrong button!

We have been to YC/BC in May and Sept, May last year and found it really easy to find a quiet spot with plenty of space at multiple times of day! Have a quick scan about and look for hidden nooks. There's also a pavilion type area up some stairs which is great if there is space as you can't get too many people up there and people can't haul additional beds up the stairs - well they could but I haven't seen anyone try!! The quiet pools are always deserted too!

:welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS!

Thanks for your input.

Any upcoming stays planned?

:goodvibes

I'm officially deciding on my vacation dates for F&W staying at the BC or YC! So excited to be planning again! (I booked a stay but had to cancel last year. Re-try this year!) There is a lot to catch-up on here, I need to do some serious backtracking. Yacht Club hasn't even started/is just starting refurb? Say what?! I thought that would be towards the end of finishing up by now, that's how behind I am! So much to catch up on. Anyway just wanted to say and hi and introduce myself (in case any of you are wondering why someone is liking your old posts from last year- I'm not randomly stalking people here I promise!) :)

:welcome: back!

The room refurb is just starting at the YC.

I know!

It was scheduled to start a couple of times and then was postponed. I think they have had a lot of trouble settling on the room design.

We believe that the Club Level, 5th floor rooms have been completed, but we haven't seen confirmation of that or any reports of recent guests staying in the rooms the past week or so.

Let us know when you book your trip!

::yes::

Hello Y&BC Family. Havent posted much but booked again for our Marathon Weekend Trip! 10th anniversary so what the heck. Made it a Marathon Week.

So Mrs Dee. If you want to add MckeyT and his crazy sisters to the list we'll be 'Home' at the BCV's from Janurary 1st - January 8th!

:wave2:

I'll add you to the list!!!

:woohoo:

:cheer2:

Venturing over to the deluxe resort area... we are in the pre-planning stages of a spectacular May/June 2018 trip to celebrate my oldest dd graduating from high school, our 18th anniversary, my youngest dd's 1st WDW trip and well the 13 yr old would be celebrating all and there for family, fun & food LOL so a family of 5. We have been twice, stayed at Coronado both times and absolutely loved it, but are wanting to try something different this year and because we are a family of 5, options are limited in lower category resorts and honestly I priced out the trip between deluxe, value suites and a mod and the deluxe for us was not that much more expensive based on the fun & sun package deal going right now. I know those prices will change obviously but I think it's a fairly good indication of how it would be in 2018.

Honestly I would love to stay at Poly but that is out of our price range and dh and I will be doing a land/sea 20th anniversary trip and will likely stay at Poly then. So I have browsed through a good portion of this very long but informative thread and am really leaning towards Beach Club because I love going to the beach and while its not a true beach, I can see relaxing by the lake area in kids playing in the sand, plus the awesome sounding storm a long bay, my whole family would enjoy! I do not have any specific questions off hand to ask, but just wanted to post and keep up with latest updates about renovations, etc.

Oh I do have one question, am I correct in my understanding you can walk to both Epcot, HS as well as the Boardwalk Inn?

:welcome:

Sounds like a fabulous trip to celebrate lots of exciting milestones!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:dogdance:

As you have found, there is a lot to read through here, but we try to keep the first page updated with the latest news so that is a great place to start.

To answer your question, yes, you can walk to all 3 of those places.

It is approximately 5-7 minutes to walk from the BC lobby to International Gateway entrance of EPCOT in the World Showcase (between France and the UK)- you can find more information, including pictures and I think a video of the stroll on Page 1, Post 13

It takes around 25 minutes from the BC to HS walking at a moderate pace.

BWI is just over the bridge from the beach club. About 5-7 minutes I think.

::yes::

Here's some speculation for you. I'm betting that the Gondola transportation system will be an up-sell charge for everyone except DVC members. The new Caribbean Beach DVC owners will pay for it with their share of their dues.

They are going to have to find a way to A) pay for the project and B) throttle the sheer volume of people who will want to use this new system. Magic bands will make it easy to thin the herds and check for payment. Don't see it yet?? Disney is running up-charge buses in between parks.

Horrifying thought but that's where we are headed. Disney will leave no up-sell opportunity untouched.

~NM

I have been embroiled in a LOT of conspiracies theories in the past month, so maybe my perspective is skewed, but it would not surprise me in the least if you are correct!

:headache:

~NM

And what's scarier is how many people are willing to buy these upgrades! (As he scrambles to buy an AP and strongly considers adding on TIW...)

On a lighter note, I can't find the post, but did I hear that the 5th floor at YC is almost done? Wowza, they're flying along! that's barely a month! Now if Ale and Compass can either be done or remain untouched by August....

And what's scarier is how many people are willing to buy these upgrades! (As he scrambles to buy an AP and strongly considers adding on TIW...)
OMG, the Gold APs I bought for the kiddo and me already paid for themselves in terms of the YC club room rate and the crazy discounts on the Disney Parks Store app I used to get shirts.

My name is Jennifer, and I am a Disney Upgrade Addict. :darth:

I am dying to see photos of the actual new YC rooms! I don't like what I have seen so far so I switched to BC for our trip, but I'm hoping someone will post newer pics that will change my mind. YC was my favorite resort until I saw those new rooms. They just look so dark and boring.

Do you mind sharing the AP rate? I'm strongly considering getting one for the discounts.
Sure! For BC, on the dates we're there (June 3 - 10), a Standard Room with a Lagoon / Pool View is $401 per night (the only Standard Room available at the Passholder rate), a Standard View - Club Level is $473 per night, a Garden View - Club Level is $513 per night, and Lagoon / Pool View Club Level is $538 per night. YC doesn't have any more rooms during that period at the Passholder rate. And I could tell you what we were paying for our room, but I'm afraid I'd start a riot... :sail:

Is there a way for me to find out what we would pay a night if I were to buy an AP vs what I am paying by purchase a 9 day park hopper?

Is there a way for me to find out what we would pay a night if I were to buy an AP vs what I am paying by purchase a 9 day park hopper?
Call Disney reservations at (407) 939-1936 and tell them you are going to buy an annual pass, and ask them to quote you AP rates for your preferred dates/resort. You are allowed to book at the AP rate, but they will confirm that you have a valid AP when you check-in, or while you are a guest. If you do not have a valid AP, you will be charged rack rate (non-discounted) for your stay.

Sure! For BC, on the dates we're there (June 3 - 10), a Standard Room with a Lagoon / Pool View is $401 per night (the only Standard Room available at the Passholder rate), a Standard View - Club Level is $473 per night, a Garden View - Club Level is $513 per night, and Lagoon / Pool View Club Level is $538 per night. YC doesn't have any more rooms during that period at the Passholder rate. And I could tell you what we were paying for our room, but I'm afraid I'd start a riot... :sail:

Thank you so much for taking the time to check that! We booked our YC trip in August with a special travel agency deal and our standard room is $255/night, so it doesn't look like the AP rate will beat that.

Anyone there now that could answer this for me?

Does anyone know if Cape May Cafe still rotates certain items (fried shrimp, fried calamari, etc) and if so, what items and what days? The online menu used to tell me but I can't find it anymore. What about the cod nuggets? Still only on certain days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter