• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Here are the previous dates the Christmas decor went up at The Lodge…

2018: 11/21
2019: 11/19
2020: 11/12
2021: 11/11
2022: 11/22

The resort decorations go up randomly, and unfortunately, Disney does not make any announcements prior as to when each resort will be decorated. They are usually always up by Thanksgiving, though. I hope you get to see them!
I took mrsap’s list and added the Thanksgiving dates that year. As you can see, there’s no pattern, only that it is up by Thanksgiving, anywhere from 2 weeks before to the day before! I am going the week before TG in 2024, and TG is late that year. Hoping we both get lucky!!
2018: 11/21 TG 11/22

2019: 11/19 TG 11/28

2020: 11/12 TG 11/26

2021: 11/11 TG 11/25

2022: 11/22 TG 11/24

Help! Left WL yesterday afternoon in an Uber to airport and think I left my cell phone on bench next to the bell service counter outside in front of lobby. Does anyone have a phone number that would get me directly to the WL?

There is Reunion Station, it closed prior to the pandemic, and honestly, I can't remember if it was open when we were there a few months ago. We normally don't use it, so I am not sure. They do offer a lot of crafts each day, but basically the same offerings as the normal resort activities.

We just got back a few hours ago from a week stay and Reunion Station was not opening. I checked 4 different days/times and the door was locked each time.

Help! Left WL yesterday afternoon in an Uber to airport and think I left my cell phone on bench next to the bell service counter outside in front of lobby. Does anyone have a phone number that would get me directly to the WL?
I hope you got your phone back! I don’t think anyone knows a direct phone number to the WL. Most numbers go to a call center. I didn’t want you to think no one cared about your situation.

I hope you got your phone back! I don’t think anyone knows a direct phone number to the WL. Most numbers go to a call center. I didn’t want you to think no one cared about your situation.
Oh my gosh thank you for responding! Turns out I left my iPhone on the bench out in front of lobby close to the bell service counter. i was able to contact WL and email them description of my phone and after following the link they sent me for reporting it lost they located it and sent it back to me via FedEx and didn’t even let me pay the cost to of returning the phone. i took phone to Apple store and they helped me change the Apple ID so it was same as my iPads and now it shows up on the “Find My IPhone app.

Oh my gosh thank you for responding! Turns out I left my iPhone on the bench out in front of lobby close to the bell service counter. i was able to contact WL and email them description of my phone and after following the link they sent me for reporting it lost they located it and sent it back to me via FedEx and didn’t even let me pay the cost to of returning the phone. i took phone to Apple store and they helped me change the Apple ID so it was same as my iPads and now it shows up on the “Find My IPhone app.
Love a happy ending!

Painting at the Salon by the Springs is listed as one of the $ activities on Mondays this month. Anyone have any more details as to what this may be? My MIL loves to paint so I thought this might be something she could do with my tween daughter.

I've noticed several recent mentions of activities being held at Salon by the Springs. This used to be an actual hair salon, right? Or am I misremembering?

Yes, this is the former hair salon. It was originally the Trout Bar before Geyser Point was opened.
Thanks. I was fuzzy on it but thought I remembered getting a blow out there once before a special dinner at Artist Point. Of course that was when Artist Point was a great date night destination and not a character meal. No disrespect to the character meal as I've done that twice and it's a good family experience.

I am really fighting the urge to upgrade from Pop Century to Wilderness Lodge. I love this resort so much. But is it really worth the extra when Epcot/DHS is the main focus of the trip.

I am really fighting the urge to upgrade from Pop Century to Wilderness Lodge. I love this resort so much. But is it really worth the extra when Epcot/DHS is the main focus of the trip.
I always feel like WL is worth the transportation frustrations. You can't beat it!!! I would usually Uber to the parks in the morning, which made for a much better day for me.

Any chance to not stay at Pop Century sounds good to me!

Sorry, I couldn't not say that.

I enjoy Pop and I really like the skyliner. Honestly transportation is the big reason I keep going back to Pop and not trying a moderate or deluxe for more then a day or two. Bus service and the skyliner at Pop are a known commodity to me. Whereas the 'horror stories' I hear about it taking 90 minutes to go from AKL to MK or WL to DHS in the morning gives me pause.

I enjoy Pop and I really like the skyliner. Honestly transportation is the big reason I keep going back to Pop and not trying a moderate or deluxe for more then a day or two. Bus service and the skyliner at Pop are a known commodity to me. Whereas the 'horror stories' I hear about it taking 90 minutes to go from AKL to MK or WL to DHS in the morning gives me pause.
The boat is great for going back and forth to MK but the line can get long at park opening and closing. It's not uncommon to have to wait for the next one if you're toward the back of the line at very busy times, but the wait between boats is predictable and reasonable.

You are right about the buses in the morning. We opt for Minnie Vans if we want to go to EP, AK, or HS around park opening. Later in the day the buses are a decent option, although at closing the lines can be long and you might not make it onto the first bus. I think I've seen those double length buses pick up for Pop, so if that's what you're used to I can see why you say the bus service is better there. I forget about the skyliner as we have never used it.

The boat is great for going back and forth to MK but the line can get long at park opening and closing. It's not uncommon to have to wait for the next one if you're toward the back of the line at very busy times, but the wait between boats is predictable and reasonable.

You are right about the buses in the morning. We opt for Minnie Vans if we want to go to EP, AK, or HS around park opening. Later in the day the buses are a decent option, although at closing the lines can be long and you might not make it onto the first bus. I think I've seen those double length buses pick up for Pop, so if that's what you're used to I can see why you say the bus service is better there. I forget about the skyliner as we have never used it.

Not sure 'better' for buses is the right word. And yes Disney deploys the bendy buses for the values. Honestly the buses and how long it takes can be determined just as much by the driver and the guests as frequency. I've seen a bendy take 3+ lengths of the serpentine for Pop. I've seen it take less then 2. How much the driver 'encourages' people to snuggle up and how willing the guests are to listen makes a difference. I saw some truly magical bus cramming one night after a Halloween Party.

It is also frequency that gives me pause. I've seen 3 or 4 buses arrive for Pop within 10 minutes for the same park. Not sure that would ever happen at WL.

The frequency I use the transportation is also another pausing factor. I will usually due a park in 2 chunks of the day. Having the higher frequency is nice.

Back to WL. It is just a nice price and I really enjoy the atmosphere of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter