Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilderness Lodge Construction Permit Filed

Disney has filed a permit for construction work at the address of Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, a likely precursor to the long awaited villa refurbishment.
On June 3, 2022, a permit was recorded for "general construction" at 801 Timberlane, the location of the Wilderness Lodge's original Disney Vacation Club timeshare development. While the permit description is vague, it matches what we normally see on permits for such renovations. Additionally the contractor listed on the permit--New Horizons Construction Services--is the same firm who renovated the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa back in late 2021.

As for the start date of the work, that remains unclear. In preparing for the Grand Floridian refurbishment, Disney filed permits back in July 2021. Work did not actually begin until 4 months later.

Disney has filed a permit for construction work at the address of Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, a likely precursor to the long awaited villa refurbishment.
On June 3, 2022, a permit was recorded for "general construction" at 801 Timberlane, the location of the Wilderness Lodge's original Disney Vacation Club timeshare development. While the permit description is vague, it matches what we normally see on permits for such renovations. Additionally the contractor listed on the permit--New Horizons Construction Services--is the same firm who renovated the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa back in late 2021.

As for the start date of the work, that remains unclear. In preparing for the Grand Floridian refurbishment, Disney filed permits back in July 2021. Work did not actually begin until 4 months later.
I hope you don't mind. I share this in the owners thread. We storing the pitchforks.....for now. ;-)

It'll be October that they start construction because we will be there in October and that's just how things seem to happen.

It'll be October that they start construction because we will be there in October and that's just how things seem to happen.

I want to throw some pixie dust on this post. Disney has already been working on room design and one poster even said during their stay they had brand new stainless steel appliances.

Another poster shared pictures of the old bedframes,lamps,etc. being sold at a used furniture store.

So, I believe all things have been in place for awhile while waiting for the construction company to complete other projects. Unlike GFV I believe they will begin refurbishment sooner and since appliances and furniture are ready to install and the fact this is a smaller resort, this should go by fairly quickly.

I want to throw some pixie dust on this post. Disney has already been working on room design and one poster even said during their stay they had brand new stainless steel appliances.

Another poster shared pictures of the old bedframes,lamps,etc. being sold at a used furniture store.

So, I believe all things have been in place for awhile while waiting for the construction company to complete other projects. Unlike GFV I believe they will begin refurbishment sooner and since appliances and furniture are ready to install and the fact this is a smaller resort, this should go by fairly quickly.
I'm okay with construction if I can also get remodeled room. I'd love to have the Murphy beds instead of the pull out couches.

Hoping this turns out to be true! :tink: :tink: :tink: :tink:

DH & I will be staying at WL Courtyard View King for the second half of our split stay 9/8-9/11. We switched from BC CL. I love the Epcot area but DH said he really wants to give WL a shot. So what's a girl to do? I decided to buy MNSSHP tickets for the family the first part of our stay with the money we're saving.

Hi just wanted to check in to ask if anyone knows if there will be any construction going on there this August?
We were thinking of staying mid- august and I would want to avoid a hotel where construction is going on.

DH & I will be staying at WL Courtyard View King for the second half of our split stay 9/8-9/11. We switched from BC CL. I love the Epcot area but DH said he really wants to give WL a shot. So what's a girl to do? I decided to buy MNSSHP tickets for the family the first part of our stay with the money we're saving.
It sounds like you are staying on the hotel side of the resort. The work being done will be in The Boulder Ridge Building adjacent to the main building.

If th
Hi just wanted to check in to ask if anyone knows if there will be any construction going on there this August?
We were thinking of staying mid- august and I would want to avoid a hotel where construction is going on.
If there is construction...big if...it'll be for the remodel of Boulder Ridge Villas. That building is separate from the main building, so if you are staying in the main lodge building it shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone have experience with the salon at WL? We are doing a short stay there before our cruise and with my work schedule, I don’t think I can get a mani/pedi before we head down. Was wondering if it’s a spa mani/pedi or just a standard? I’ve been to the GF spa and love it, but it would be much more convenient to book right at the lodge if it’s a nice service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter