Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are counting down the days until our trip to WL at the end of the month.
It has been over 12 years since we have stayed here.
What is the best option to get to the MK for early opening, bus or boat?
I don’t need to be the first one there, just want to be at the park right at opening.

We are counting down the days until our trip to WL at the end of the month.
It has been over 12 years since we have stayed here.
What is the best option to get to the MK for early opening, bus or boat?
I don’t need to be the first one there, just want to be at the park right at opening.
They were running the boats to MK about an hour before park opening when we stayed there at the end of September. We like the boats and usually take them. But either bus or boat will get you there. :)

Has anyone been successful getting a room upgrade at check-in when staying in Copper Creek? We're in the base-level Deluxe Studio starting on Saturday and I didn't know if it was something they were able to (or would) do. I get the sense that the resort is probably running at something less than 100% capacity due to staffing, but not sure if they would upgrade rooms that were otherwise not being used.

Has anyone been successful getting a room upgrade at check-in when staying in Copper Creek? We're in the base-level Deluxe Studio starting on Saturday and I didn't know if it was something they were able to (or would) do. I get the sense that the resort is probably running at something less than 100% capacity due to staffing, but not sure if they would upgrade rooms that were otherwise not being used.

I'd be interested in this as well, specifically the additional cost they quoted you to upgrade. We have reservations at the very end of January (very much looking forward to our stay at WL - its been a long time since we've stayed there) for a studio but wouldn't necessarily say no to a upgrade at the right price!

Do you mean upgrade from a studio to a 1 bed? Whats a base-level studio? I thought all studios were the same?

Last edited:
Do you mean upgrade from a studio to a 1 bed? Whats a base-level studio? I thought all studios were the same?
Upgrading from a Deluxe Studio (the base level room at Copper Creek) to a 1 Bedroom Villa (the next step up). I do think that all the studios are the same; I was not as precise in my language as I should have been!

Upgrading from a Deluxe Studio (the base level room at Copper Creek) to a 1 Bedroom Villa (the next step up). I do think that all the studios are the same; I was not as precise in my language as I should have been!
Ah ok! I’d like to know this too then. Not sure how it works with a DVC reservation as it’s points and not cash so not sure how it would be done.

Not without a charge. A 1BR is more for housekeeping to clean (at check out) and maintain during your stay. More time is involved and housekeeping is short staffed as it is. It would be great at no charge, but don't count on it.

Not without a charge. A 1BR is more for housekeeping to clean (at check out) and maintain during your stay. More time is involved and housekeeping is short staffed as it is. It would be great at no charge, but don't count on it.
Yeah I wouldn’t think they would do it for free unless all studios are over booked when they go to assign a room.

Are you booked as a cash stay through Disney Reservations or a points stay through a DVC member? A cash 1 BR might be available (at a price) but an upgrade to a points reservation should not happen without the DVC owner's active participation and consent, since it would cost a significant number of additional points (the 1 BR villas cost approximately twice as many points per night as the studios do). And the DVC resorts have been open at 100% capacity throughout - since it's a timeshare, they legally could not keep some rooms closed, all DVC rooms had to be available for DVC owners to book (Disney is an owner and rents out its rooms for cash).

Are you booked as a cash stay through Disney Reservations or a points stay through a DVC member? A cash 1 BR might be available (at a price) but an upgrade to a points reservation should not happen without the DVC owner's active participation and consent, since it would cost a significant number of additional points (the 1 BR villas cost approximately twice as many points per night as the studios do). And the DVC resorts have been open at 100% capacity throughout - since it's a timeshare, they legally could not keep some rooms closed, all DVC rooms had to be available for DVC owners to book (Disney is an owner and rents out its rooms for cash).
I am booked as a cash stay through Disney. Was really wondering what it would cost to upgrade since I can't see any 1BR inventory available on the booking site.

I am booked as a cash stay through Disney. Was really wondering what it would cost to upgrade since I can't see any 1BR inventory available on the booking site.
Well, CCV is exceedingly popular, and the villas available to DVC owners have been booked up for months, so it’s likely that Disney’s cash villas are all booked up too. But it doesn’t hurt to inquire at the desk when you check in as to whether there’s cash availability for a 1 BR and if so what the cost would be. Good luck! pixiedust:pixiedust:

How long did it take to take the boat to MK then the monorail to CR? This is our plan.

I mean, it partially relies on luck, but the boat was waiting when we got to the dock and the monorail was there when we got to the station. With those odds, it took about 20 minutes, I would guess? But also figure in for waiting for either the boat or the monorail.

Hi all!

King (or standard) room - courtyard views - is this of the main pool and entrance area? Pretty much you get what you book, not a weird chance of having a dumpster? :D

Hi all!

King (or standard) room - courtyard views - is this of the main pool and entrance area? Pretty much you get what you book, not a weird chance of having a dumpster? :D
That’s not a dumpster view lol that’s the rooms facing the pool and lake. My favorite ❤ At least I think it is. Not sure what the standard means.

Hi all!

A standard view is described as: "Views of Service Areas, Rooftop or Parking Areas " - from the Disney website. Courtyard view is not dumpsters!

That’s not a dumpster view lol that’s the rooms facing the pool and lake. My favorite ❤ At least I think it is. Not sure what the standard means.

I meant King room or the standard 2 Queens. I've been looking at room reviews and I think the King room bathrooms only have 1 sink, while the Queen rooms have 2 sinks? That may be a consideration, but definitely would book a courtyard view!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter