Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Haven't been on here is a while..we are coming from March 24-30 and got the same letter.

We are excited you have chosen Disney's Wilderness Lodge as your vacation destination and look forward to sharing the magic of the Pacific Northwest with you.
We are pleased to share our latest addition, Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill, will be open during your stay while Roaring Fork, our quick service food and beverage location, and Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed for refurbishment. Please be aware of the alternative quick service dining options that will be available for your enjoyment:
7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as specialty cocktails, beer and wine. The menu offers a variety of items, including hot breakfast entrees, a gourmet burger, sandwiches and salads. Kids' meals will also be available.
7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
Territory Lounge is now offering a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait.

Just curious if this is the same menu as roaring fork too....

My family is staying at Wilderness Lodge mid-February. Disney just sent me an email that Roaring Forks and Trout Pass will be closed for refurbishment. As an alternative, they noted:

- Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as specialty cocktails, beer and wine. The menu offers a variety of items, including hot breakfast entrees, a gourmet burger, sandwiches and salads. Kids' meals will also be available.

- Territory Lounge is now offering a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait.
Very odd in that I didn't think the new restaurant would be done for a few more months at a minimum, not to mention the issue of having folks wandering around or near an active construction site. I also called Guest Services for DVC, and they have no notifications of any closings other than what is currently closed, e.g., Hidden Springs Pool and the outdoor seating for RF. Hmmmmm. . .

Hi all! Haven't been on here is a while..we are coming from March 24-30 and got the same letter.
We'll be at the WL at the same time as you are and we got that letter today, too. I'm excited to be able to use the new restaurant, but it will be a little less convenient without Roaring Forks being open.

Here is the letter we received today via email:

We are excited you have chosen Disney's Wilderness Lodge as your vacation destination and look forward to sharing the magic of the Pacific Northwest with you.

We are pleased to share our latest addition, Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill, will be open during your stay while Roaring Fork, our quick service food and beverage location, and Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed for refurbishment. Please be aware of the alternative quick service dining options that will be available for your enjoyment:

Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as specialty cocktails, beer and wine. The menu offers a variety of items, including hot breakfast entrees, a gourmet burger, sandwiches and salads. Kids' meals will also be available.
Territory Lounge is now offering a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait.

Additionally, refurbishment work will continue taking place throughout the Resort. To ensure you are best able to plan your visit, please be aware of the following impacts:
While we work our magic, you will notice construction in all areas. Noise may be heard throughout the Resort while this work is being completed, but rest assured, noise should not be heard from inside your Guest room until after 9:00am daily. Views of the surrounding wilderness may be altered and certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. The new balance® RUNNING TRAIL will remain open for your enjoyment.

The leisure pool, Hidden Springs Pool, at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, will be closed for enhancement along with the beach, marina and playground. During this time, Silver Creek Springs Pool, the feature pool, will remain open for your use and alternative recreation activities at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Contemporary Resort will also be available to you. Boat transportation to Magic Kingdom® Park will continue to be provided, weather permitting.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter. If you booked your stay through Walt Disney World® Resort or have general questions, please call 407-939-1810 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

Thank you for being our Guest. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Sincerely,

Thea Sargent
General Manager of Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention that I am staying at WL from May 7-12 and have received no notification of the Roaring Fork closure...

Just wanted to mention that I am staying at WL from May 7-12 and have received no notification of the Roaring Fork closure...
Same here, but perhaps they anticipate the RF and TP refurb to be done by then. This is quite a new revelation. . .

I am going to go back and read because I don't think I have been on here in 2 months...but would someone mind telling me if half of the rooms are still blocked off and whether the interior walls are still there? The last time we were there, we stayed on the second floor right off the gift shop with a view facing the lake/pool. We would like that again if it's open.

I am going to go back and read because I don't think I have been on here in 2 months...but would someone mind telling me if half of the rooms are still blocked off and whether the interior walls are still there? The last time we were there, we stayed on the second floor right off the gift shop with a view facing the lake/pool. We would like that again if it's open.
The entire south wing is still closed off and the interior walls are still up on the balconies. I don't think that those will be taken down until the south wing is completed. I'm expecting that to still be closed off for quite a awhile.

The entire south wing is still closed off and the interior walls are still up on the balconies. I don't think that those will be taken down until the south wing is completed. I'm expecting that to still be closed off for quite a awhile.

So is the south wing the area I described? I could never follow all of that.

Yes. The south wing is comprised of all the rooms on the side of the resort where the Mercantile is located, as well as the check-in area. So, if you stayed on that side of the Lodge, it will be closed for several more months, it would appear.

We were in that area once with a nice view of the pool and lake. It was in the south wing, which is closed off right now. You could get a similar view in the north wing, courtyard view room. It would just be on the opposite side of the pool but not very close to the Mercantile.

We were in that area once with a nice view of the pool and lake. It was in the south wing, which is closed off right now. You could get a similar view in the north wing, courtyard view room. It would just be on the opposite side of the pool but not very close to the Mercantile.

Thank you, I needed a good suggestion of where to request.

I would just love to know the menu..it's actually kind of important because I have food sensitivity issues and we didn't stay at certain places due to the menu (like Poly)...a burger or nuggets are fine for me. I just can't eat a lot of Asian food (soy sauce), pork, shellfish, or cheese.

No end date noted...

We'll be at the WL at the same time as you are and we got that letter today, too. I'm excited to be able to use the new restaurant, but it will be a little less convenient without Roaring Forks being open.

Here is the letter we received today via email:

Additionally, refurbishment work will continue taking place throughout the Resort. To ensure you are best able to plan your visit, please be aware of the following impacts:
While we work our magic, you will notice construction in all areas. Noise may be heard throughout the Resort while this work is being completed, but rest assured, noise should not be heard from inside your Guest room until after 9:00am daily. Views of the surrounding wilderness may be altered and certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. The new balance® RUNNING TRAIL will remain open for your enjoyment.

The leisure pool, Hidden Springs Pool, at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, will be closed for enhancement along with the beach, marina and playground. During this time, Silver Creek Springs Pool, the feature pool, will remain open for your use and alternative recreation activities at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Contemporary Resort will also be available to you. Boat transportation to Magic Kingdom® Park will continue to be provided, weather permitting.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter. If you booked your stay through Walt Disney World® Resort or have general questions, please call 407-939-1810 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

Thank you for being our Guest. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Sincerely,

Thea Sargent
General Manager of Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Thank you both. I agree - nice that it sounds like the new Quick Service should be operational very soon, but I do like the convenience of Roaring Fork being "inside" the building (especially for those summer afternoon showers/rain storms). We are very excited to be returning "Home" after a stay at BTL last summer.

I check in tomorrow and got and email as well, but mine does not mention Roaring Fork at all, just the same warnings as before. I will try and see when they are closing.

What room request options are there for studios at the villas? With all the construction is one better than the other?

We check in on 2/27 and got the same email! I was really looking forward to the convenience of an indoor QS. Not to mention RF offered 20% off for AP holders... Bummer.
On another note, it says that alternative recreation is available at FW and the Contemporary. Does that mean we could use their pools?

We check in on 2/27 and got the same email! I was really looking forward to the convenience of an indoor QS. Not to mention RF offered 20% off for AP holders... Bummer.
On another note, it says that alternative recreation is available at FW and the Contemporary. Does that mean we could use their pools?
I think it means that you can use their beach, marina, outdoor movies, etc. it might include pools, too, although the main pool at WL is open.

Same here, but perhaps they anticipate the RF and TP refurb to be done by then. This is quite a new revelation. . .
We are there 6/3-6/11. I do hope the refurb on RF and TP are done by then but I am interested in the fact that the Geyser Point one will be open. Where is that one located? By the BRV pool (that won't be open yet)?

I didn't think they were redoing the inside! Is the geyser bar and Grill going to be QS? Because if not there won't be any QS on property! We are planning on staying sept 7-14.

In a recent Disney parks Blog Disney said:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/01/17-reasons-to-visit-walt-disney-world-resort-in-2017/

Boulder Ridge Cove, Geyser Point Bar & Grill Opening in Summer 2017 – Scheduled to open at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in summer 2017, Boulder Ridge Cove pool will feature an expanded sun deck and zero-depth-entry pool in what appears to have been an abandoned rock quarry. Geyser Point Bar & Grill, a new quick-service eatery, will be located in the heart of the feature pool area of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter