Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got back on Wednesday from our first stay at WL. I doubt it will be our last. I had booked a standard room and was upgraded to a nature view, though the stone balcony took away from the view. We overlooked the boat launch. My 4 year old loved the kids water area. We all enjoyed the boat to MK. My kids and I stayed at the grand Floridian in April and felt much more at home here. Plus, we appreciated the recently renovated rooms.

Attachments

• 5188BF65-C08A-485F-A28A-6A44316A9F63.jpeg
    5188BF65-C08A-485F-A28A-6A44316A9F63.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 986E2F9C-E7CD-4797-8243-AAA0253F6A41.jpeg
    986E2F9C-E7CD-4797-8243-AAA0253F6A41.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 98
  • 4FE58ACD-5CFC-4A0E-9571-506965332FA0.jpeg
    4FE58ACD-5CFC-4A0E-9571-506965332FA0.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 98
  • CE0436D1-633B-4869-AB46-C50FC97B1096.jpeg
    CE0436D1-633B-4869-AB46-C50FC97B1096.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 7788A958-B515-4C6B-A0A6-A738F062D760.jpeg
    7788A958-B515-4C6B-A0A6-A738F062D760.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 1F26D848-E2DE-4293-933A-05F24E5CFE71.jpeg
    1F26D848-E2DE-4293-933A-05F24E5CFE71.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 201EDFD7-8BBE-4C19-8CD1-764A279063F9.jpeg
    201EDFD7-8BBE-4C19-8CD1-764A279063F9.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 95
For those who have stayed club level... what was your experience like? It will be just my wife and I. An extra $200 a night over courtyard view.

I doubt we will be able to eat $200 worth of food to make up for it.. but how is the experience itself with concierge, etc.? Does concierge assist with making dining reservations? Is there a viewing area on the top floor for MK fireworks?

Even if we don't eat $200 worth of food, it'll still be nice to walk outside our room and have the breakfast buffet. We will also be returning to the room before dinner, so we'd eat the food at club level and have a glass of wine as an appetizer.

Thanks!

For us, it’s definitely more about convenience than anything. We’ve done WL CL multiple times and I can tell you, I probably eat $10 worth of food each time!! (I’m a horribly picky eater!!!) Ate my weight in homemade chips and carrots, though!! lol But it’s SO nice to walk over to the lounge if I feel like a cup of coffee or a glass of wine… or if the kids are hungry and want a snack after a long morning in the park. It’s also great having that extra space to relax in aside from your room during the day. That to us is worth the extra cost. There is a special phone number and email for Signature Services - they can assist you with dining reservations after you’ve booked a CL room. Good luck deciding!

For those who have stayed club level... what was your experience like? It will be just my wife and I. An extra $200 a night over courtyard view.

I doubt we will be able to eat $200 worth of food to make up for it.. but how is the experience itself with concierge, etc.? Does concierge assist with making dining reservations? Is there a viewing area on the top floor for MK fireworks?

Even if we don't eat $200 worth of food, it'll still be nice to walk outside our room and have the breakfast buffet. We will also be returning to the room before dinner, so we'd eat the food at club level and have a glass of wine as an appetizer.

Thanks!
We really like the Old Faithful Club. We could eat all our breakfasts and dinner in the lounge. And the desserts always include a cobbler. There are plenty of beverages, including alcoholic drinks. We may not have consumed $200 worth of food and drinks every day but it was probably close

But the best part was a combination of great CMs and nice seating areas. There are tables and some couches. You can overlook the gorgeous lobby or look out the window at Bay Lake and the main pool.

There are two balconies with a view of the fireworks. They pipe the music to the balconies. But there is a better fireworks view at the side of the lake by Geyser Point.

I'm thinking about adding a couple of nights in a studio at Boulder Creek but I'm worried about the comfort of the couch bed. Do they have mattress pads you can request for them or will we have to bring our own?

mattress pads are not available, you need to bring your own (assuming you want one)

Foodie Guide to Holidays at Disney Resort Hotels

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Lobby

• Gingerbread Pine Tree (available Nov.14-Jan. 1)
  • Reindeer Food – Cubes of gingerbread, chocolate stripped pretzels, holiday granola, and candies (available Nov.14-Jan. 1)
  • Spiced Moose Cookie (available Nov.14-Jan. 1)
  • Peppermint Bark (available Nov.14-Jan. 1)
Martinis Around the World Flight from Geyser Point Bar & Grill

Geyser Point Bar & Grill
  • Martinis Around the World Flight (available Dec. 5-Jan. 8; also available as separate drinks)
  • Key Lime Pie – Lime juice, simple syrup, and rum with green sugar rim
  • Poinsettia – Brut Champagne and cranberry
  • Italian Manhattan – Bourbon, vermouth, bitters, grenadine, and cranberry with maraschino cherries
  • Caribbean Cream – Rum, cinnamon cream liqueur, and cream with nutmeg and green sugar rim

Silly question, but what's the likelihood of getting a high floor room if booking a king courtyard view? Are most of the king rooms on the lower floors?

Not sure how accurate Touring Plans is anymore.

Silly question, but what's the likelihood of getting a high floor room if booking a king courtyard view? Are most of the king rooms on the lower floors?

Not sure how accurate Touring Plans is anymore.
The king rooms are scattered around the resort. I don’t know if if the information on Touring plans has been updated since the bunk beds were removed

Anyone want to recommend a courtyard view room that has a nice view of the lake and pool. Not far from the lobby that I can request?

Just got home from WL and we loved the refurbished rooms. I LOVE that there is no carpet (I am a neat freak and hotel carpets creep me out), but I will say housekeeping was severely lacking. There was a list of four things they say they do every two days and they only hit the first bullet on the list (fresh towels and trash removal). Shelves were super dusty and there were old food crumbs under the night stand when we checked in.

The day we left several new menu items popped up at Roaring Fork, as well as late night dining options, so they are clearly ramping back up again to get back to normal operations. There were two large groups of trainees learning the ropes when we were there too.

I heard the reception say they were only 33% full the week we were there! (Oct 24-30) It was empty and the pool was especially nice - lots of free chairs.

Despite the lack of cleaning, we really enjoyed our stay...the theming never disappoints and Territory Lounge and Geyser Point were especially enjoyable too.

Thanks!
We stayed CL several times, but that was before covid and before they relocated it. So, we enjoyed overlooking the lobby but I think it's not near the lobby anymore. I also think you can be sold CL access with a room on a different floor from the club, so be sure to call and ask if that's important to you (it would be for me).

We loved the food choices and the easy breakfast and night time drinks. You might not eat $200 worth of food but you may come close! Roaring Fork this past trip was sometimes $65 for our family of 4. When we did CL, we'd eat breakfast there and often get the kids to eat dinner there. I always felt like that made it a good value. And snacks - we could tell the kids to wait til we got to the hotel for snacks - chips, gummy bears, goldfish, drinks, etc. So nice!

Back then the concierge helped with all sorts of things. I'm sure they still offer some services.

We would have done it again this most recent trip but CL had not reopened yet. Enjoy!

Question for the WL experts: Are the bicycle rentals back up and running? I think they are based on what I am seeing on the WDW site, but when I call, no one can tell me for sure.

Question for the WL experts: Are the bicycle rentals back up and running? I think they are based on what I am seeing on the WDW site, but when I call, no one can tell me for sure.
I don't remember seeing the bikes when we were there in September. There isn't really anywhere to ride them at the WL, since the path to Fort Wilderness is closed. They might have them at Fort Wilderness. There is a bus to FW which takes you to the Settlement depot.

I don't remember seeing the bikes when we were there in September. There isn't really anywhere to ride them at the WL, since the path to Fort Wilderness is closed. They might have them at Fort Wilderness. There is a bus to FW which takes you to the Settlement depot.
Ah, I did not know that path was closed, which is what I was thinking of doing: Using a bike to ride over and explore FW. Thanks for the quick reply!

Does anyone have a copy of the November recreation calendar? We're there in about 3 weeks, but I can't find it online anyhwere.

Ah, I did not know that path was closed, which is what I was thinking of doing: Using a bike to ride over and explore FW. Thanks for the quick reply!
Yes they closed the path as part of the new Reflections - A Lake Side Lodge DVC construction plan. They started building. However construction stopped and they covered initial construction with dirt last fall 2020 (Oct-Nov). They have not reopened the path between the WL and FW.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter