Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to whoever dropped their AP discounted Nature View room for the end of August. If someone has a Standard View room with the discount that they'd like to get rid of, I'd be happy to scoop it up.
i just booked one today. You might want to see if they have any more.

Speaking to mobile ordering in general (not at Wilderness Lodge in particular) - I've been following the Here Now, Just Back thread on the theme park board. It sounds like there are cast members outside the doors of restaurants. Some of them are being pretty aggressive about forcing people to use mobile order. Some of them don't seem to care that some guests don't have smart phones, want to pay with cash, have multiple food allergies, etc. Some of them are saying no mobile order, no food. I think they are supposed to let people order at a cash register, but guests might have to fight for their right to do that. And if they get in, it might be just one cash register with a long slow line because people who have easy orders probably are doing it through the app.

So if you have family members who will want or need to order at the register, prepare them for the potential problems

The reason they do this is to prevent people from sitting at tables without ordering food/or eating their food they brought in. I actually really appreciated this. We didn’t have to fight for a table or sit on the dirty ground to eat our meal. I spoke to a manager at a quick service about mobile ordering, and it’s here to stay. I really like it and it avoids crazy lines.

I have heard people telling me that “Wilderness Lodge is DVC heavy.” What does that imply other than the fact that two-thirds of the rooms at WL are DVC rooms? Does this affect non-DVC guests who want to stay at the hotel side of WL?

I have heard people telling me that “Wilderness Lodge is DVC heavy.” What does that imply other than the fact that two-thirds of the rooms at WL are DVC rooms? Does this affect non-DVC guests who want to stay at the hotel side of WL?
Not at all.

Thanks to whoever dropped their AP discounted Nature View room for the end of August. If someone has a Standard View room with the discount that they'd like to get rid of, I'd be happy to scoop it up.
Keep stalking the website. I was able to book 10 nights standard view at 7 am yesterday morning. I also had Nature View booked but wanted to save a little with standard view. I hope it works out for you too

We were staying a couple nights mainly so my daughter could do capture your moment photo sessions in the MK on 9/7 but southwest cancelled our late flight and moved it up to 5:15. To catch ME we would have had to leave shortly after her sessions and we didn’t want to do that so I called to see if they could add a night at our discount stay since I could book a night with the discount separately. Unfortunately she could not add the night but when I told her there was a discounted night in the same room category that could be booked separately she did that and linked the stays. She was unable to have a supervisor blend them into one stay since it was after midnight and no one was available. Hopefully they let us keep the same room. That failed at Pop when we had to do that because the 15’s were checking into that building (ironically the 60’s) and they didn’t want to keep us in the middle of them. So we had to move. Anyway one extra night at the lodge - yay! Also more time at MK and if we like Boo Bash we could even do that again if we want and tickets are available still.

Not really....we stayed non-DVC back in 2019. I had no idea the resort was DVC heavy until I overheard a LOT of conversations at the pool about DVC topics, haha.

We just booked our first stay at WL deluxe club level room for January. I will admit, my heart belongs to the Poly, but they are booked. WL was always my favorite at Christmas, when we went on our honeymoon, so it wasn't a hard sell. My only reservation is midday breaks. Our kids are 4,4, 7, and 10, and we are going to try mid day breaks for this trip. We will have our own car, so not likely to use the busses. How much travel time/will it be inconvenient to come back for a mid-day break?

We just booked our first stay at WL deluxe club level room for January. I will admit, my heart belongs to the Poly, but they are booked. WL was always my favorite at Christmas, when we went on our honeymoon, so it wasn't a hard sell. My only reservation is midday breaks. Our kids are 4,4, 7, and 10, and we are going to try mid day breaks for this trip. We will have our own car, so not likely to use the busses. How much travel time/will it be inconvenient to come back for a mid-day break?
My feeling is that driving to MK makes a midday break is not worth it, but the boats would be a good solution for MK. For the rest, we didn't find driving to be too bad. The parking and walking to/into the parks was the worst part, so it hasn't mattered much which resort we stayed at when driving.

I have a Q re: booking strategy for a retired couple. We want a room with one bed, but I don't think the king rooms at WL are bookable so I would just have to request and pray. The other strategy would be to rent DVC points and book a studio villa which all have one bed. I also understand this could be done at a substantial savings over booking a room (WL or DVC) thought Disney. Would my experience be much different among a king WL room vs studio at CC or BR (BTW for me, the difference between king vs queen is not important)? I did notice that most CC studios are on the ground floor. I'm not sure if that is good or bad (I'm guessing I would prefer to be higher up for a view). Let me know if I have analyzed this correctly or missing something. Most info I read us about how MANY you can get in a room. For a couple, I would much rather not have half the room taken up by a bed I don't need. I don't see a lot of discussion about that.

I have a Q re: booking strategy for a retired couple. We want a room with one bed, but I don't think the king rooms at WL are bookable so I would just have to request and pray. The other strategy would be to rent DVC points and book a studio villa which all have one bed. I also understand this could be done at a substantial savings over booking a room (WL or DVC) thought Disney. Would my experience be much different among a king WL room vs studio at CC or BR (BTW for me, the difference between king vs queen is not important)? I did notice that most CC studios are on the ground floor. I'm not sure if that is good or bad (I'm guessing I would prefer to be higher up for a view). Let me know if I have analyzed this correctly or missing something. Most info I read us about how MANY you can get in a room. For a couple, I would much rather not have half the room taken up by a bed I don't need. I don't see a lot of discussion about that.
Yes king rooms are bookable at WL.

Yeah, as PP noted King is a bookable category on the hotel side, with view options being Standard View, Courtyard View, Nature View, or Nature Fireworks View.

Personally I'd rather book on the hotel side as I'm not that comfortable with the cancellation policies (or lack-thereof) and overall process of renting, although many people do and it can save money. It just isn't for me/our travel scheduling needs.

Would my experience be much different among a king WL room vs studio at CC or BR (BTW for me, the difference between king vs queen is not important)? I did notice that most CC studios are on the ground floor. I'm not sure if that is good or bad (I'm guessing I would prefer to be higher up for a view)

The CCV studio would give you a queen bed and a sofa bed. It also has a kitchenette, which you may like. I find that it is nice to have the sofa when there are only two people in the room. The rooms on the ground floor are one level below the lobby, which is on the second floor, so you would have to use the elevator or stairs to get to your room from the lobby. The WL nature view rooms have some very nice views. Many of them have partial views of the MK fireworks.

Both WL and CCV will give you the same experience at the resort. It is really just a matter of which room configuration, and price, you prefer. :)

This is a deluxe room
Thanks for the pictures. It looks like they took out the wardrobe in the main bedroom and replaced it with a desk. I think it is a nice replacement. :)

You might want to check that room number again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter