Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from The Lodge. Decided to leave a day early since we are driving home. You’d never know a storm was coming, such a beautiful, peaceful morning here. I’m sad to say goodbye, but we’ll be back soon.
Safe travels home! Thanks for your posts from the lodge. We can't wait to be back in August!

How much is it to do tie dye shirts?
I've read that it is $17, but includes the shirt. That was a while back, so it may have gone up a bit (it used to be $15) but I'd expect it to be in that ballpark.

2 questions for recent folks! How have the busses to HS and Epcot been? How has housekeeping been? Thank you so much!!!

Was there 6/16 - 6/27. Bus to Epcot and HS were on average 15 minute wait. Coming back however was a disaster. Waited 45 minutes one night and nearly an hour another night coming back from Epcot. It was raining and per bus stop attendant they were having to reroute buses due to sky liner being down secondary to lightening.

Had no issues with HS bus coming or going

Stayed in villas so only got housekeeping as scheduled. Nonetheless no issues

Excitement is building seeing all the recent pics in this thread! We leave for our 12 day stay at the Lodge in just 14 days!!!! Will be our first time staying at our favorite resort in 5 years and our 15th trip to WDW with the kids! Seriously cannot wait!

Hey everybody, first time posting, be gentle with me :-)

When do we think the refurbishment will take place at BR? Do you expect it to be themed around a particular Disney character (i.e Bambi)? How can we expect the refurb to affect room availability for DVC members? Do you have anything you want to see?

I wouldn't mind a Murphy bed/sofa like the ones found at Saratoga (I think those room refubs are excellent. Disney had the benefit of being able to take sections of Saratoga 'offline' due to the size and design of the resort without it having too much of an impact on DVC. How will this work in a smaller development? Part of me hopes they flood it with workers, take the whole thing offline and complete the refurb quicker ( I do think this is unlikely).

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hopes on the refurbs. :-)

When do we think the refurbishment will take place at BR? Do you expect it to be themed around a particular Disney character (i.e Bambi)? How can we expect the refurb to affect room availability for DVC members? Do you have anything you want to see?

I wouldn't mind a Murphy bed/sofa like the ones found at Saratoga (I think those room refubs are excellent. Disney had the benefit of being able to take sections of Saratoga 'offline' due to the size and design of the resort without it having too much of an impact on DVC. How will this work in a smaller development? Part of me hopes they flood it with workers, take the whole thing offline and complete the refurb quicker ( I do think this is unlikely).

I keep searching for info. I also hope it is as nice as the Saratoga Springs update. The delay is very frustrating and feel we deserve an updated timeline or something anything… I went to the DVC Tour Guide desk in lobby recently to ask but they really didn’t know.
I will add the recent update for the rooms on the cash side are also very nice. I think ChipnDale are hidden in the design of wallpaper.

Sorry I don't have any additional info but I did want to say WELCOME!!

IF the BRV renovation is similar to the others, it will be rather generic. Currently the studio sleeps five with the queen bed, double sleeper sofa and bunk sized murphy bed (with character design on the back wall). The last time they did renovations at BRV, they took out section of the corridors to do the work. The only time they would take the entire resort down at once would be if they had something else to offer BRV owners to book at 11 months out. The problem with BRV is that the connecting door between the studio and one bedroom (to make the two bedroom lockoff) is located in the living room, not at the entrance like SSR and BCV. It gives them less space to work with on the shared wall.

As a BRV owner, I prefer less cartooning and more theming to match the theme of the resort.

Headed to WL this weekend - anyone know if they are piping in the music at Geyser Point for the fireworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter