Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see new mattresses wrapped in plastic and new furniture wrapped in plastic for the Wilderness Lodge rooms. Also the walkway past the Roaring Fork bathrooms is completely walled off. Looks like a complete refurbishment including the Club Level rooms.

I see new mattresses wrapped in plastic and new furniture wrapped in plastic for the Wilderness Lodge rooms. Also the walkway past the Roaring Fork bathrooms is completely walled off. Looks like a complete refurbishment including the Club Level rooms.
When we stayed at CCV in early September, when we were on our balcony, I could see across the courtyard that there was a room refurb - or even staging - going on. Curtains were up, but at night you could see light through it. I'm excited to see what they come up with. Those rooms were definitely due for an upgrade.

Just FYI, the CL floor had already been completed and rooms were being occupied back before COVID. You can Google/YouTube to find pics and videos. It’s a lot like what they did to the AKL resort rooms, IMO. I like how they’ve made things a bit brighter.

Just FYI, the CL floor had already been completed and were being occupied back before COVID. You can Google/YouTube to find pics and videos. It’s a lot like what they did to the AKL resort rooms, IMO. I like how they’ve made things a bit brighter.
Yep - similar vibe to the Grand Californian refurb (with addition of faux-hardwood floors) and what they did with Copper Creek. I would have preferred some darker woods and more of a nod to Native American design elements (like they used for the new chair upholstery and hallway carpet), but they're ok. B/B-.

They were definitely working on the balcony of one of the top floor corner rooms. Part of the railing was removed and there were a few people up there actively working. I don't know if that's club level or the floor just below it.

How is the boat transportation to MK in the mornings? Is there a long line for it? Which do you think is the better option, boat or bus?

How is the boat transportation to MK in the mornings? Is there a long line for it? Which do you think is the better option, boat or bus?

From my recent experience Thanksgiving week - the boat line can ‘feel’ long at times given distancing (just like lines can ‘feel’ very long in the parks). The resort boats alternate between the small and big launches. With the distancing in place, the small boat has a VERY low capacity... like really low. Depending on the guest count in front of you, you may think you’re in a prime spot to get on the next boat but you might not make it if it’s the small boat (fortunately usually the big boat isn’t too far behind).

I experienced more lines around rope drop, as you might expect - not so much at other times, in my anecdotal experience.

Personally I think the bus is an underrated MK transportation option from WL and we use it often if anywhere around a peak time. If not at a peak time or we’re in no rush, the boat is the way to go just for the scenery.

We loved taking the boat to/from MK. We missed the first boat one day, but the next came shortly after. We got on the first boat the second day though!! It’s just such a nice ride and temp/bag checks are very quick from the boat line to get into MK.

From my recent experience Thanksgiving week - the boat line can ‘feel’ long at times given distancing (just like lines can ‘feel’ very long in the parks). The resort boats alternate between the small and big launches. With the distancing in place, the small boat has a VERY low capacity... like really low. Depending on the guest count in front of you, you may think you’re in a prime spot to get on the next boat but you might not make it if it’s the small boat (fortunately usually the big boat isn’t too far behind).

I experienced more lines around rope drop, as you might expect - not so much at other times, in my anecdotal experience.

Personally I think the bus is an underrated MK transportation option from WL and we use it often if anywhere around a peak time. If not at a peak time or we’re in no rush, the boat is the way to go just for the scenery.

We loved taking the boat to/from MK. We missed the first boat one day, but the next came shortly after. We got on the first boat the second day though!! It’s just such a nice ride and temp/bag checks are very quick from the boat line to get into MK.

For a 9:00am park opening on a nothing-special Wednesday in February, what time would you suggest we be at the dock in order to catch one of the first boats? And if we decided to take the bus, what time would you be at the bus stop if you hoped to catch the first bus?

It's going to be my little nieces first time at Disney and I'm so excited to show them my favorite place! But we only have one day, so while I know they would love riding the boat, getting to the Magic Kingdom as early as possible is probably the priority.

For a 9:00am park opening on a nothing-special Wednesday in February, what time would you suggest we be at the dock in order to catch one of the first boats? And if we decided to take the bus, what time would you be at the bus stop if you hoped to catch the first bus?

It's going to be my little nieces first time at Disney and I'm so excited to show them my favorite place! But we only have one day, so while I know they would love riding the boat, getting to the Magic Kingdom as early as possible is probably the priority.

When we went in october, the first park buses were leaving around 60 mins before each park open (sometimes 5-10 mins earlier, sometimes later). Everything changes so fast these days I don’t know if that is still current practice. My guess is if you got there 75 mins ahead, you’d be sure to get a spot on the first bus out.

When we asked about boat launches the “official” answer we got was 30 minutes before park open, but I suspect they launch much earlier most days. Will defer to others—we use the boats for park to resort but not resort to park because we find the boats are slower.

I really miss the minnie vans. They would start running SO early and pull up right at the MK bus entrance. That was always our go to for rope dropping MK, but alas, no more.

When we went in october, the first park buses were leaving around 60 mins before each park open (sometimes 5-10 mins earlier, sometimes later). Everything changes so fast these days I don’t know if that is still current practice. My guess is if you got there 75 mins ahead, you’d be sure to get a spot on the first bus out.

When we asked about boat launches the “official” answer we got was 30 minutes before park open, but I suspect they launch much earlier most days. Will defer to others—we use the boats for park to resort but not resort to park because we find the boats are slower.

I really miss the minnie vans. They would start running SO early and pull up right at the MK bus entrance. That was always our go to for rope dropping MK, but alas, no more.

Yeah, this matches our experience in November. I was running a few mornings and I’d usually see the first buses show up in that roughly 50-75 minute before opening to their respective park. (A little margin of error there since I wasn’t always by the bus stop when they pulled up)

For the boats, it seemed like they’d show up around 60 mins before opening.

Your nieces are going to have so much fun. I’m still partial to the boats but looks like everyone else feels the buses are faster. Have a wonderful trip.
*My 18 mo old granddaughter really enjoyed riding in the boats 🚢

I love the boats, but our rule of thumb was always bus to MK for early mornings or if time is a factor (like an ADR or event), and boat back to the lodge always because it's so relaxing. (even when it's cold) Our touring style has changed over the years and we are rarely in a rush, so we always take the boats now. Next trip, our granddaughter's first, we may have to readjust back to early mornings!

The boat to MK starts running 30 minutes before park opening. There is usually a line for the first boat but a second boat is often waiting right behind the first boat. We missed the first boat last time we stayed there, caught the second boat, and still made it to MK before the park opened. :)

I would take the bus if you want to be at MK earlier than approximately 15 minutes before park opens. The buses start running at least an hour before park opens.

We usually only take the bus if we just miss a boat when leaving MK, or the weather is really cold or stormy. We really like the boats. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter