Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone fill me in if there's a WL discount going on because of the current construction? If so, what?

And I see that this morning Disney has dropped a 15% room discount for the summer (6/11->8/31) ... would that be on top of any construction discount?

Could someone fill me in if there's a WL discount going on because of the current construction? If so, what?

And I see that this morning Disney has dropped a 15% room discount for the summer (6/11->8/31) ... would that be on top of any construction discount?

There is no discount for construction.

:welcome: to the DIS and our little thread, @ToddH.

HERE is the link to the Territory Lounge breakfast menu updated last month.

Thanks for the welcome! Forgot to add our WL dates. We'll be there from May 30th to June 5th and this will be our first stay at WL.

Last edited:

We stayed at WL last year as part of a split stay. My notes show that there was a construction discount then, but apparently not a room discount as part of a deal? (We got 25% off from BWI as part of the Summer deal) Does that sound about right to anyone?

Which would imply that this year instead they have a package (summer deal) discount but not a construction discount?

If you mean a deluxe one bedroom Villa at Copper Creek Villas, since the whole south wing of the main lodge was transformed into villas, it is likely. Although I do not think there is room type floor plan out yet that shows where rooms are.

However, if you mean Deluxe rooms that are part of Wilderness Lodge, all of those rooms are located at the very end of the north wing. None of them are on the lobby.

I was referring to the regular deluxe rooms. We are not going till February of next year. So all of the deluxe one bedrooms are at the very end of the wings? That kind of stinks! Does that mean we are far away from the club lounge as well?

IMG_3249_zpsjta0szbh.jpg

if you lok in the upper right of this picture, does it seem like those cabins will see a crazy amount of foot traffic? I wonder if any type of gate will be added to keep people from wander to their door either out of curiosity or confusion. I am actually surprised by the rock wall. When I first saw the pics of the pool construction. I thought the rock wall was part of the pool and maybe it would have water features. Does it look like there is going to be a slide here too somewhere? I think if is probably necessary to separate it with a wall to keep from having a tremendous amount of fencing. Is the low building in the middle of the right side of the picture a temporary structure or something new? I can't wait to see this done when we are there in Sept!!!

We stayed at WL last year as part of a split stay. My notes show that there was a construction discount then, but apparently not a room discount as part of a deal? (We got 25% off from BWI as part of the Summer deal) Does that sound about right to anyone?

Which would imply that this year instead they have a package (summer deal) discount but not a construction discount?
No, there was a regular room discount last year too. I'm not aware of any "construction discounts". But WL has always been included in all the general room discounts.

I was referring to the regular deluxe rooms. We are not going till February of next year. So all of the deluxe one bedrooms are at the very end of the wings? That kind of stinks! Does that mean we are far away from the club lounge as well?

As far as I know, all of them are at the end of the wing...So yes, you are pretty far from the club lounge...

Yeah no construction discount, it's just that during construction one might see it at 30% vs 20% or 25%. The UOC I used to book my stay had WL Standard rooms at 30% off, now that construction is nearing it's end, it looks like they've decided they don't need to have it at 30% anymore. And rightfully so, everything looks as if it's coming together nicely and the re-imagined quiet pool and roaring forks may open mid summer.

We were able to book a CL room on Saturday with a 35% off discount for a 5/27-06/02 stay. Sounds like we really lucked out!

Roxyfire, thanks for your post, that makes sense.

Otherwise, even with the summer discount, I'm just not liking these summer 2017 prices for WL (or BWI) ...what the h*** happened over the last year?

Yes, the Deluxe Rooms are all at the end of the North Wing. Two per floor, floors 1-6. There aren't any on the 7th floor (the CL floor).

I was just in one in November, shortly after the new lounge opened. I was on the third floor, my average walk time was roughly 2:40 from room to lounge.

This map should help. #1 and #2 are the Deluxe Rooms on each floor. #3 is the elevator bank. #4 is the lounge (but on the 7th floor).

Hope that helps.

IMG_2476.JPG

Yes, the Deluxe Rooms are all at the end of the North Wing. Two per floor, floors 1-6. There aren't any on the 7th floor (the CL floor).

I was just in one in November, shortly after the new lounge opened. I was on the third floor, my average walk time was roughly 2:40 from room to lounge.

This map should help. #1 and #2 are the Deluxe Rooms on each floor. #3 is the elevator bank. #4 is the lounge (but on the 7th floor).

Hope that helps.

View attachment 227914
Awesome, thanks!

Roxyfire, thanks for your post, that makes sense.

Otherwise, even with the summer discount, I'm just not liking these summer 2017 prices for WL (or BWI) ...what the h*** happened over the last year?

Agreed, especially with such high rates. I consider myself pretty lucky that I was able to get that discount. Next year we'll be DVC so no more worries about rack vs discount, just different worries :P

The pins are still in the rooms. I asked about the main elevators and they plan for them to be open in July. My guess is that the pins might not be available after that. But you should have pins in May. There is still a lot of work to do..

I'm curious about the pins since I collect Disney pins and am staying in early May. Are they just left in rooms by mousekeeping? One set for everyone or a set for each guest? Regular rooms or only for certain kinds of rooms? SO MANY QUESTIONS! I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a set, but I would be ecstatic if I did!

I'm curious about the pins since I collect Disney pins and am staying in early May. Are they just left in rooms by mousekeeping? One set for everyone or a set for each guest? Regular rooms or only for certain kinds of rooms? SO MANY QUESTIONS! I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a set, but I would be ecstatic if I did!
Left on the rooms. Assume by mousekeeping, there at arrival
One set per room
All rooms

There was no consistent WL construction discount.

If a person booked their WL stay **BEFORE** construction was announced and called Disney once it was announced, SOME such people were given a modest room discount (on the order of about $50 per night) or offered to transfer the reservation to a different resort, possibly without additional cost. What, if anything, people were offered was not consistent. Some were not offered anything (that was our case in 2015, but we were made an offer in 2014... yeah, two years in a row booked before construction announced and stayed during construction...). Guests booking AFTER the construction announcement received nothing as they were notified at booking that the resort would be under construction and what would be affected.

WL has had rooms available in the various normal seasonal room only, package and free dining offers that there have been, which happened to occur during construction times. But those discounts are not due to the construction.

SW

There was no consistent WL construction discount.

If a person booked their WL stay **BEFORE** construction was announced and called Disney once it was announced, SOME such people were given a modest room discount (on the order of about $50 per night) or offered to transfer the reservation to a different resort, possibly without additional cost. What, if anything, people were offered was not consistent. Some were not offered anything (that was our case in 2015, but we were made an offer in 2014... yeah, two years in a row booked before construction announced and stayed during construction...). Guests booking AFTER the construction announcement received nothing as they were notified at booking that the resort would be under construction and what would be affected.

WL has had rooms available in the various normal seasonal room only, package and free dining offers that there have been, which happened to occur during construction times. But those discounts are not due to the construction.

SW
Now that you say (type) that, I remember last year when we were briefly booked at WL, there were a few people mentioning somewhere on the Dis that they got a discount, or extra FPs, or free tickets, even. But, like you mentioned, it definitely was not consistent.

I haven't been here in what seems like ages, and forgive me, a bit overwhelmed by all the updates of the construction, but a question....is the pool open, and if not, when is it supposed to open? (noting back to the excuse our pixie dust disclaimer at the start of the thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter