Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

39 days until I check in to POR for the first time. So excited! Are there any POR specialties that are not to be missed? I have stayed at POFQ and had the beignets. I've also taken the boat to DS. Is there anything else?

I always call to make our resort reservations and get my building/floor for our standard room noted on the reservation at that time. For our 10/31-11/7 trip we checked in at the desk and simply asked then for the building and floor we would like at AB. Got exactly what we wanted! I much rather talk to a cast member than run into potential system gliches!!

We are on our last day of our stay at POR. I have only saw maybe 2-3 dogs. Our stay has overall been wonderful, aside from a few issues with cleanliness of room. We were offered an $80 gift card at check in to forgo housekeeping during our 9 night stay, we declined. Our last two days here we have been sick, cold and flu symptoms and the gift shop supply of cold medicines was clearly in demand. We leave tomorrow extremely early for 9:20am flight and if we want to check bags at resort were told they must be there by 4:30am!!!

Hi, everyone! I just booked this resort today for our stay in June. We’ll be here from June 18th-June 28th. We usually stay deluxe but are excited to try a moderate again. The last time I stayed here it was called Dixie Landings so it’s been awhile. We are looking forward to our stay. I’m sure I’ll be asking several questions over the next few months. I just wanted to pop on here and say hi.

We still and always will call it Dixie Landings!! It has been since 1996 that we have stayed at DL (POR) lol...so we are very excited!! We should be arriving 3 weeks from this very minute!!!

:dancer::drinking1:boat:

Well "The resort opened February 2, 1992 as Disney's Dixie Landings Resort, initially with rooms located in its Alligator Bayou section, and shortly afterward the remaining Magnolia Bend section was opened."

We visited in 1994 (as my signature shows) so we have been staying there for many years alright! 23 years

And my celebration button in November indicated that my adult DS and I were celebrating the 30th anniversary of our first WDW trip! Unfortunately my DD was unable to celebrate with us....

CBR opened in 1988 and we stayed there in 1989. The demolished section we called home (Martinique) is where Dixie's Riviera Resort is going.....

Does POR offer giftcards for declining room service? If so, how do you participate?

We checked in 12/12 and were offered $80 gift card, roughly $10 per night minus your last night. I didn't do online check-in and was offered this when we checked in at the front desk, we declined because we enjoy a clean room on vacation but we had hit and miss with mousekeeping. The bathroom door was never swept behind, even upon arrival the room was not clean to the disney standards I am accustomed to.

That's disappointing to hear. We went two years ago and are staying again in March. We only had one day where we didn't get bathroom supplies restocked. I called to complain about it. Someone showed up to our door about an hour later with a huge bag of shampoos and toiletries. We are still using up some of them to this day when we run out of our main stuff!

We have our first stay planned for POR in May/June 2018 and first time back to Disney since 2009! We can't wait! I have noticed on the MDE that it says start online check in, but it's quite a bit away still, does it make sense to go ahead and do it now?

We are staying at POR in a few weeks with our two year old grandson. Last year I took a shoe organizer for over the door to hold his things at AoA and it wouldn't fit over the door. I know we've used them before at CSR. He has so much stuff! I'm worried about us fitting it in and staying organized! Any other tips for organizing things so I can quickly pack a bag each morning? Also, we've reserved a royal room, are these close/er to the food court, restaurants, busses? And finally, I filled out early check in, does this mean we just park and use our magic bands to enter the rooms? Thanks in advance for any help!

We visited 10/31 - 11/7 and our room at AB was always clean and towels and supplies were always replaced each day. Fit or miss?

I'm going to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside at the end of January. I will be using an ECV to get around the resort and parks. I'm concerned about the multiple bus stops and using my ECV. In particular the loading and unloading process when there may be other guests already on the bus. Would it be best to just go over to French Quarter and pick up the bus there? Or maybe just get on at Riverside and off at French Quarter?

Euby: We have stayed at POR many,many times and love it. There are lots of buses at each stop, so we have never seen a problem with loading ECV's at all. You will have no problem at POR. In the morning, between 8am and 11am (I think), they started a bus program that had a dedicated MK bus go to South first and another starting at West as it usually does. So, there was an added bus to MK for the most busy times of the morning. I don't know if they still do that, but it does show that they are doing a lot to make the bus situation better.
We have been once a year for several years, and we have never had a problem with any of the buses. We used south and west only, as those were close to our rooms. There were no problems at any time with ECV's, so I wouldn't worry about that.
Keep in mind that POFQ only has one bus stop area for the entire resort.
I honestly think the multiple bus stops are a help with ECV's, not a hindrance. have fun in our favorite resort!

Can you tell I'm excited? My original trip was scheduled for 10/1/2017 (planned since 2016)but a family emergency came up. So this is my reschedule!! :mickeyjum:simba::figment::hmghost:........I'm going to Disney.....lala lala lala!!!

39 days until I check in to POR for the first time. So excited! Are there any POR specialties that are not to be missed? I have stayed at POFQ and had the beignets. I've also taken the boat to DS. Is there anything else?
We love Por. We prefer to stay in the Magnolia Bend section (mansions). Take some time to enjoy the resort. Stroll the river paths. Sit in the gazebo and have your morning coffee, if your room is nearby, or just on a bench along the river. Take a carriage ride around the resort, or just watch them go by. Catch Bob Jackson’s show in the lounge. Fav dish in the food court is the make your own pasta. Yum. It’s large enough for 2.
Visit the fishing hole even if you don’t fish. It’s a pretty and serene place to take in wild life, birds. And if it’s the same CM that’s been there years, he is very knowledgeable about the resort, and pointing out birds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter