Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Just wondering if the buses are as bad as some reviews would have me to believe.

I think the best answer is that the service was that bad for those reviewers. Most people don't seem to have major issues though, just as long as you don't expect the buses to always be instant and you allow for up to a 20 minute wait (it's usually less though).

However if you try to leave a park immediately after fireworks, all bets are off! I suggest chilling a while in the park for maybe 30-60 minutes to let the crowds disperse and then head for the bus stop.

The walk from the POFQ bus stop to POR is about 12 minutes (although the total walk does depend on where within POR your room is located). Sometimes it can be worth it, but often not.

Andre

Just booked 9 days at POR in a standard room for April 2018. Just wondering if the buses are as bad as some reviews would have me to believe. Also, how long is the walk from POFQ to POR? Because if the buses are really full at night and those aren't, we may just catch a POFQ bus and walk back over to POR at the end of the night.

We stayed in a standard room at POR - AB section - in March 2017. We were super close to the West Bus Depot, which was always the first pick up when buses came to bring guests to the parks.

We didn't wait more than 5-8 minutes in our entire trip except for once when leaving Magic Kingdom around dinner time. We'd just missed a bus and ended up waiting for 25 minutes.

We loved POR, we loved our standard room, we loved our location - and I bet you will, too!

Thanks ya'll. I fell in love with POR when I first started researching where we would stay onsite for our upcoming trip, so this is all good to hear. A 20 minute wait isn't bad, and my plan is to walk slow when exiting the parks during closing time. I'm not trying to be like Mufasa when he got stranded in the gorge with the stampede of wildebeest.

I'm not usually a complainer, and I'm the biggest Disney fan, but this just made me beyond annoyed. POR is our favorite resort. (We love others but have been pretty much priced out and stay here the most.) There are so many potential issues with this. Put aside the dogs in the room component, the whole resort I'm guessing will be dog friendly. I know it says dogs must be leashed, etc. but honestly, that means nothing to many people around here on running/biking trails, parks, stores. So where are they allowed/not allowed? Lobby? Food court? Walking trails? Pool areas? Magical Express? Lol, seriously, it allows a whole big can of worms to open up. I support service animals! But they are few and far between.
I love dogs, and I totally respect people who have and love their dogs as well.
We have *severe dog allergies and one with serious dog anxieties in our family. I know we can just avoid this resort, but that just stinks.
Is Disney not filling up their rooms that they have to cater to dog owners? Seriously, there have been several times I've looked at making reservations between this past summer and the end of February that there was little to no availability. I'm really scratching my head at this decision/trial.

Let's throw in the potential for your neighbors to leave for rope drop early, then not come back until after fireworks that night, and the reason you know their schedule is because their PO'd Pom was barking the entire time.

I love dogs, but this has Bad Idea Jeans stamped all over it.

I just don't get it. I have a dog. I like dogs. Why do people feel the need to take their dogs EVERYWHERE. What fun could a dog possibly have on a Disney vacation? Are you going to leave them in the room all day while you're at the parks? I'm staying at POR for the first time in January. I doubt I'll see many, if any, dogs because the resorts is already pretty much sold out for my dates, but if it turns out that a lot of people are taking advantage of this it may be my first and last time at POR.

We stayed in a standard room at POR - AB section - in March 2017. We were super close to the West Bus Depot, which was always the first pick up when buses came to bring guests to the parks.

We didn't wait more than 5-8 minutes in our entire trip except for once when leaving Magic Kingdom around dinner time. We'd just missed a bus and ended up waiting for 25 minutes.

We loved POR, we loved our standard room, we loved our location - and I bet you will, too!
Was it a long walk from your room to the food court when you stayed there. We have a standard room booked and I requested building 16, but I know it isn't guaranteed. My second choice would be near the west depot.

I love dogs, but this has Bad Idea Jeans stamped all over it.
I hate that we will be checking in during the early dog trial, before they have a chance to improve or eliminate it. I really don't like this idea at all. :(

We never took our dog everywhere. When we rented a place at a lake in NH, Jesse came along. But to WDW? We would have never considered such a thing!!

I think it is u fair to do this with no warning. We arrive next month and can't change resorts at this stage ... I opt for pet free hotels and whilst I love dogs I am very unhappy about this,
Do you think they will use the Royal rooms for dogs

I think it is u fair to do this with no warning. We arrive next month and can't change resorts at this stage ... I opt for pet free hotels and whilst I love dogs I am very unhappy about this,
Do you think they will use the Royal rooms for dogs
I agree with you. We arrive in 12 days and if I knew that there would be dogs I wouldn't have booked this resort. I don't mind them around the resort. I just don't want to sleep in a room that has had dogs in it. And I don't want to hear barking dogs, either.

I can't see them using the Royal Rooms, but who knows what they have in mind.

Any idea which area they will put the dog friendly rooms in?

Looks like the outer corners are the most likely. This is what they will be handing out to guests with dogs from Sunday:

PO.org-Guest-Resort-DogsPolicy.png

Andre

I just received the email notification from Disney Destinations:

Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World® Resort as your vacation destination!

In the spirit of continually enhancing the Guest experience, we wanted to inform you of a change in our pet policy at select Disney Resort hotels. For a limited time, Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside will be welcoming dogs to stay in Guest rooms (fees and restrictions apply).

If you have any questions regarding this change or would like more information, please call 407-939-7539. Should you require additional assistance with your reservation, a Cast Member will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations, LLC

We just got the pet friendly email regarding our November stay at POR. We have two dogs, and like dogs. But it grosses me out to think we are staying in a room where someone's dog may have barfed or accidentally peed. If they include black lighting for stain identification, I may consider spending 250 a night there in the future ... otherwise we will choose a different resort.

I can't imagine *all* rooms will be pet friendly? Maybe like when smoking was allowed? Only certain buildings allow it and can be avoided if you choose?

I can't imagine *all* rooms will be pet friendly? Maybe like when smoking was allowed? Only certain buildings allow it and can be avoided if you choose?
They say it will be certain buildings and certain outdoor areas. They do not seem to know yet whether dogs will be allowed on all of the outdoor walking paths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter