Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Help please! Does anyone know if the Murphy beds in POR (or CBR for that matter) are big enough for a thin 14 yr-old who is 5'7" and growing? We are thinking of booking in August, and have heard different opinions on these beds. We are a party of 5 -- 4 adults and 1 14 yr-old. Thank you!

Help please! Does anyone know if the Murphy beds in POR (or CBR for that matter) are big enough for a thin 14 yr-old who is 5'7" and growing?

You might be pushing it a bit. My DD slept in one for two weeks at about 5'6", and she says she found it quite comfortable - but she tends to sleep a bit curled up. The officially stated length is 63".

POR-Room-AB-2015-7467_forum.jpg

Andre

Have the POR RR been more recently refurbished than the mansion rooms? I have seen more issues online with people in AB or Mansions, but not with the RR. Also, the beds sounds more comfortable at RRs.

The whole resort was done at the same time (give or take a few months anyway).

upload_2017-3-9_0-20-6.png

The mattresses are no different in the Royal Rooms, but I believe there are several makes of mattress to be found around the resort, as they have gradually switched and replaced over time and contracts have changed, so it could vary room by room.

Andre

The whole resort was done at the same time (give or take a few months anyway).

View attachment 224285

The mattresses are no different in the Royal Rooms, but I believe there are several makes of mattress to be found around the resort, as they have gradually switched and replaced over time and contracts have changed, so it could vary room by room.

Andre

Is the resort due for a soft goods refurb next year? Is it a 6 year cycle?

You might be pushing it a bit. My DD slept in one for two weeks at about 5'6", and she says she found it quite comfortable - but she tends to sleep a bit curled up. The officially stated length is 63".

Andre

Andre
Thank you for your response. . . that was helpful! Might have to go a different route. . . :drinking:

Yes it is still there, the WDW website mislaid the info during the last food court menu update about six months ago.

Andre

So is the food court menu listed on your website 100% updated and correct? Not that I would doubt your wonderful wealth of knowledge!! :worship:
We just LOVE Riverside Mill and plan to eat dinner there every day, but I noticed that the menu looked much more scaled back than our last trip, when I looked on the WDW website. So I want to make sure we are planning based on what's available, don't want to get our hopes up for something and find it's not available anymore!

Andre
Andre,

Is the blanket pictured provided by the resort?

I ask because last year we stayed two nights as an add-on to our trip. We are a family of 5, so we were in AB with a pull down. We did not have a blanket, only sheets. DH walked down to the front desk and they said they did not supply blankets. We thought it odd, but made do. Then we stayed one night last fall at CBR before our cruise. Once again, we had no blanket. Only sheets.

We're staying one night as an add-on at POR in a couple of weeks. Should I bring my own blanket for DS?

Andre,

I ask because last year we stayed two nights as an add-on to our trip. We are a family of 5, so we were in AB with a pull down. We did not have a blanket, only sheets. DH walked down to the front desk and they said they did not supply blankets. We thought it odd, but made do. Then we stayed one night last fall at CBR before our cruise. Once again, we had no blanket. Only sheets.

We're staying one night as an add-on at POR in a couple of weeks. Should I bring my own blanket for DS?
Not supply a blanket? That is crazy! We often times ask for an extra blanket to go on out bed. I like sleeping cold, but having the heavier weight of a blanket when I want it, I know I'm weird..lol Never have had an issue am additional one if we needed it.

Not supply a blanket? That is crazy! We often times ask for an extra blanket to go on out bed. I like sleeping cold, but having the heavier weight of a blanket when I want it, I know I'm weird..lol Never have had an issue am additional one if we needed it.
I thought it odd, but for a short trip we didn't make an issue of it. We improvised with towels! :joker:

Andre- The next refurb will be timely then, hoping to get back to POR next summer. My last trip was in 2012 right after the last refurb and Royal Rooms opened. It was also the trip that my twins and I had the chance to meet you.

Yes, it is provided by the resort. I can't think why they would say otherwise. I'm not sure if it was a single-bed sized blanket though - maybe they only supply ones sized for the queen beds, and they thought you were asking for a specifically smaller one?

Andre

How are the beds? We are considering staying here next Feb. but have been spoiled renting points at BWV and BCV. However, I think my DD, who will be 5, would love the RR experience. Us adults want to be comfortable though. BWV had such comfy beds!
I believe your DD will enjoy the room. It is truly pretty. I thought the beds were comfortable. My husband, who loves pushing the fireworks button the headboard, can sometimes have back problems but has not had any issues when we have stayed in a RR. Enjoy your trip next year.

Does anyone if the boat to DS still runs until 11:00pm? My parents are flying in around 6:00pm and I suggested they take the boat to DS to activate their Canadian Discount tickets at Guest services instead of taking the bus to the TTC. :)

Yes, it is provided by the resort. I can't think why they would say otherwise. I'm not sure if it was a single-bed sized blanket though - maybe they only supply ones sized for the queen beds, and they thought you were asking for a specifically smaller one?

Andre
Thank you. We did find it odd. And we looked everywhere in the room for it. But then to have the same issue with no blanket at CBR really got me wondering if they just didn't supply them. Must have just been bad luck twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter