Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Do all the rooms now sleep 5? I booked a standard view which says 2 queen and sofa bed. Wondering if we could only be in certain areas or buildings. Does anyone know where I can see room pics (current, I'm seeing a lot before they were refurbished awhile ago)?

Do all the rooms now sleep 5? I booked a standard view which says 2 queen and sofa bed. Wondering if we could only be in certain areas or buildings. Does anyone know where I can see room pics (current, I'm seeing a lot before they were refurbished awhile ago)?

Only AB rooms sleep five. PortOrleans.org (Andre a fellow dis member runs the site) has updated photos. There's also a mapping of the room locations.

Only AB rooms sleep five. PortOrleans.org (Andre a fellow dis member runs the site) has updated photos. There's also a mapping of the room locations.

I was also told that there are a few rooms located in Magnolia Bend that will accomadate a family of 5.

As mentioned the Aligator Bayou section sleeps 5. But it's a Murphy bed, not a sofa bed. Lots of info on page 1. And on portorleans.org. Allears.net also has pics.

I was also told that there are a few rooms located in Magnolia Bend that will accomadate a family of 5.
Sadly you were given wrong info. Unless the 5th is a baby under 3 and can sleep in the pack & play

I have a TA book for me, and not my requests on res, but 5 days before arrival I fax room assignor with my requests.

Good plan, there is only so much information that's going to get into the notes section of the reservation system as it passes through several hands before it finally gets to the resort.

A short fax in your own words is a much more personal way to explain exactly what you want (and why) and it also shows that you are interested and involved enough to go to the bother of communicating directly rather than just adding a causal request to a booking form.

Andre

A friend and I are doing a "ladies only" long weekend in January. I have stayed at POR myself, but my friend hasn't had the pleasure (yet!!)! Curious to know if anyone has been before around the MLK weekend and how busy the parks, buses and resort was during that time.... Super excited to be coming back since my last trip was March 2014 and this one came about just recently!

MLK is not too bad other than the weekend & Monday itself, it's Presidents Day that gets very busy for the whole week.

Andre

Last edited:
Port Orleans French Quarter has been our recent "go to" resort. Used to be the Dolphin, but Magical Express has tipped POFQ in our favor. Next trip is to visit DD during her internship (yes, I know I was just there a few weeks ago! lol) Only availability was FW Cabins, so I booked it. Now PO Riverside has become available. I am going to cancel the FW Cabins. As much as I thought it would be a neat experience, I'm a little leery of being in the woods by myself, since DH can't make this trip. LOL I hope the spread out layout of Riverside isn't disappointing after enjoying the cozy feel of FOFQ.

What is everyone's experience with online check in? Has it worked out that you could just go straight to your room?

We're going to be here in 16 days! As someone else just said I've been planning so long it's hard to believe it's finally almost here. Thanks for all of the info, can't wait to stay here!!

We were there in September. I did online check in at 60 days and then faxed our request. We received our text message with our room number as soon as we landed at MCO. We received our requests and were quite pleased that we could skip the lobby.

Port Orleans French Quarter has been our recent "go to" resort. Used to be the Dolphin, but Magical Express has tipped POFQ in our favor. Next trip is to visit DD during her internship (yes, I know I was just there a few weeks ago! lol) Only availability was FW Cabins, so I booked it. Now PO Riverside has become available. I am going to cancel the FW Cabins. As much as I thought it would be a neat experience, I'm a little leery of being in the woods by myself, since DH can't make this trip. LOL I hope the spread out layout of Riverside isn't disappointing after enjoying the cozy feel of FOFQ.
POR is beautiful! I'd request either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace location close to foot bridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter