• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hello all!! My family and I are heading to POR on June 10th. It will be myself, mom and my 3 kids. My mom though has just started suffering from a pinch nerve in her back that is leaving her not so happy. My question to you all is this. I have a garden view room booked and will plan on faxing a building request but I wasn't sure which building I should request that is close to the main building. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

I'm super excited about coming back to POR. We haven't stayed here the last 2 visits and I'm really happy to be headed back.

Hiya,

Request what you need and tell them why. Don't worry about specific buildings, just ask for close to the main building and explain why..

yeah, I don't even know what I want, I just want it to be good, lol. Maybe I'll ask for closest to transportation???

If you truly don't care, you can just let the chips fall where they may. If you want to be close to transportation, say so, but be aware that could still be anywhere, as there are 4 bus stops. It does not mean they'll put you close to the main building. All of that being said, nothing is a guarantee anyway. Requests are requests.

Instead of requesting a building, I would explain the situation in the fax and request a room close to the main building.

This. If you say "I want building x," but don't tell them why, they'll have no clue where to put you if x isn't available.

I'm late seeing this- I just saw on Andres page that the pirate cruise is over. My kid loved this last year! It's too bad- it was a fantastic experience

If you truly don't care, you can just let the chips fall where they may. If you want to be close to transportation, say so, but be aware that could still be anywhere, as there are 4 bus stops. It does not mean they'll put you close to the main building. All of that being said, nothing is a guarantee anyway. Requests are requests.

This. If you say "I want building x," but don't tell them why, they'll have no clue where to put you if x isn't available.

Right, I understand. This is the first time I don't have strong feelings about the room I get, normally I have a very specific area I want. I guess because I have booked a Royal Room, I already know I will be in a certain section, and I suppose it being a garden view narrows it down even further. It just feels weird to not have any requests.
So looking at the map, it looks like the furthest section of the Parterre building could be pretty far from the East depot bus stop, and also the bridge over to the food court? Is that correct? If so maybe I will request Oak building and if not possible, the Oak Building side of the Parterre building (if possible).

At Riverside in just 11 days. One of the friends going works with someone who was an exec at Disney for about 25 years. He got all 4 of us 2 Fastpasses each for each park for each day we're there that we can use on any ride. He also said that we will have VIP status at the resort. Don't know what that means but looking forward to finding out!!!

At Riverside in just 11 days. One of the friends going works with someone who was an exec at Disney for about 25 years. He got all 4 of us 2 Fastpasses each for each park for each day we're there that we can use on any ride. He also said that we will have VIP status at the resort. Don't know what that means but looking forward to finding out!!!
Nice perk! Just a heads up...The Frozen ride in Epcot is usually excluded from this type of Fastpass. Let us know what magic pixie dust happens for VIP's at POR. Enjoy your stay!

I'm sure this has been answered in this thread already so please point me to a post if so.
We have an 8:15 ADR at BOG on Sunday in early May. There are 3 of us.

What time should we be at the bus stop to get to MK around 7:45?

Thanks so much!

We just got back from our stay at POR last night. The resort was beautiful. My kids loved our Royal Room and the pool so much. Our only complaint (and it's not the fault of the resort staff) is the transportation from the parks was horrible. It didn't matter what time we were leaving, only once did we wait less than 20 minutes for a bus to arrive. Several times we waited more than 45 minutes (midday- so not during the park closing craziness!) and saw 2 or 3 buses go by for other resorts. Unfortunately this is clouding our decision to stay there again.

We are staying there for 2 nights this June before moving to OKW. I booked a royal room and was wondering if I should request any particular building? We have no real needs it is myself, 2 teenage girls, and a 9 year old. We are traveling with other families but they are staying in the regular rooms so having to be near them is no big issue. TIA

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been answered in this thread already so please point me to a post if so.

Thanks so much!

On a normal day you'd want to give yourself about an hour. We've been to MK a couple of times at that time, and we were at the East Depot at 6.45/6.50. The bus arrived at 7ish and by the time we drove, arrived, passed through security etc, it was about 7.45.

BUT

On Friday we got to the depot at 6.45 and no bus arrived for MK for 45 minutes. So that could throw a spanner in the works..

7am should be fine if you want to be heading into the park for around 7:45am. I would normally suggest about an hour before your ADR time if you are planning to go straight to the restaurant.

Andre

Can anyone tell me if there is any storage space under the beds in the Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou rooms?
Thank you!

Can anyone tell me if there is any storage space under the beds in the Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou rooms?
Thank you!
No, there isn't any storage space under the beds. They are on a platform with solid walls so that nothing can slip under them.

No, there isn't any storage space under the beds. They are on a platform with solid walls so that nothing can slip under them.

The only exception (I discovered fairly recently) is with Wheelchair Accessible rooms, where the beds are still on legs. This makes it easier to use mobile hoists to get guests in and out of bed if necessary as the supporting wheels may need to extend under the bed for stability.

POR-RoomFlorSpec-2016-8991_forum.jpg

Andre

We just got back from our stay at POR last night. The resort was beautiful. My kids loved our Royal Room and the pool so much. Our only complaint (and it's not the fault of the resort staff) is the transportation from the parks was horrible. It didn't matter what time we were leaving, only once did we wait less than 20 minutes for a bus to arrive. Several times we waited more than 45 minutes (midday- so not during the park closing craziness!) and saw 2 or 3 buses go by for other resorts. Unfortunately this is clouding our decision to stay there again.

That's pretty bad, would definitely cloud my decision on staying there!

Am sure this has been asked many times... booked a Garden View room, and I'd really prefer to be somewhere on Magnolia Bend. Has anyone been successful with getting one of those rooms through requesting?

Am sure this has been asked many times... booked a Garden View room, and I'd really prefer to be somewhere on Magnolia Bend. Has anyone been successful with getting one of those rooms through requesting?

Yay fellow Marathon weekender! Which race or races are you running that weekend?

Requests will be filled, within reason and availability as the reservation team gets them. Requests get fulfilled all the time, and that's why DISBoards has their own thread on that: https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...ench-quarter-room-request-fax-thread.3116216/

Last time, I requested something close to the main building, first floor, maybe by a quiet pool. I explained it was because of my mobility issues that I didn't want to walk very far. (it was 5 people in the room, so I knew we were locked into The Bayou). If we could get a corner room for more light, I'd appreciate it. They gave me a room in building 16 by the pool, on the corner! Room 1609 to be exact (which I just realized is a swimming pool room, but I swear I booked garden).

But explain not just where you want and what you want, also explain why you want. If you just say "I want room 8704" and give no reasoning as to why, and 8704 is already booked, guess where you go? Back into the random pool with you! You could end up literally anywhere. If you say "i'd like a room in Magnolia Bend because I want to experience the mansion rooms," they'll be much more likely to give you a room where you want.

Yay fellow Marathon weekender! Which race or races are you running that weekend?

Thanks so much for your response!

I am doing the marathon, partner and sister-in-law are doing Dopey. We are a party of 2 in one room, party of 4 in another, so am hoping we'll all be relatively close at POR. So excited, can't wait to get training and figure out all of our plans.

Which races are you/is your party doing?

Thanks so much for your response!

I am doing the marathon, partner and sister-in-law are doing Dopey. We are a party of 2 in one room, party of 4 in another, so am hoping we'll all be relatively close at POR. So excited, can't wait to get training and figure out all of our plans.

Which races are you/is your party doing?

I'm doing just the 5k, and my girlfriend is doing Dopey.

Regarding your party and the rooms. It sounds like a mix of at least 3 adults and some children. While you won't be guaranteed connecting rooms, but you can still request one, if you'd like. Just make sure to ask for "connecting rooms" of you want a doorway between both of your rooms, or "adjoining rooms" if having direct access to the other family isn't as important.

Andre has a great site regarding everything Port Orleans, and you can see the info regarding how to make the best room request here: http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter