Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone checking in after 11/25 and need a double stroller. We always buy a cheapo for the trip and don't bring it back home. (Cheaper than renting and we have it outside the parks). If so, I'd love to leave it for you! Feel free to PM me or if no takers I'll check in again closer to the trip!

ETA: Here's the stroller we bought. It'll be used for our 6 parks days and that's it!
https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Childr...93248463&sr=1-9&keywords=double+stroller&th=1

Anyone checking in after 11/25 and need a double stroller. We always buy a cheapo for the trip and don't bring it back home. (Cheaper than renting and we have it outside the parks). If so, I'd love to leave it for you! Feel free to PM me or if no takers I'll check in again closer to the trip!

ETA: Here's the stroller we bought. It'll be used for our 6 parks days and that's it!
https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Children-Tandem-Umbrella-Stroller/dp/B003TRZIGW/ref=sr_1_9_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1493248463&sr=1-9&keywords=double+stroller&th=1
Nice offer but why not bring one?
You can gate check it if you need/want and way cheaper in the end. I mean we had a graco dual glide for prob 8 yrs that cost us $150 once

Nice offer but why not bring one?
You can gate check it if you need/want and way cheaper in the end. I mean we had a graco dual glide for prob 8 yrs that cost us $150 once

Why bring one? Because we need it and it's cheaper than renting. We also like it for long walks to buses and rooms outside of the parks. We drive.

I managed to get free dining (such as it is) in a garden view room for my dates in late August....:woohoo:

I am hoping to be placed in Magnolia Bend bldg 85 and have arranged to have touringplans.com to send in a fax with this request. Hopefully, I will get the area I request. Our last stay here we paid for a river view room and ended up placed at the very back of the Partierre Place courtyard with any possibility for river view completely obscured by three very large trees. After much (very polite) wrangling with the resort cast members we were moved after 2 nights to the most perfect river view room.

This is our first trip onsite Disney since then. I loved our stay here at POR last time....after the initial few bumps. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful!

Why bring one? Because we need it and it's cheaper than renting. We also like it for long walks to buses and rooms outside of the parks. We drive.
And so I ask again, why NOT bring one.

I'm guessing since in the second post you said that you drive that's why, no room for it?

We just got back from a 4 night stay at POR. This was our first time at this resort and we absolutely loved it! At first I was a little disappointed in not getting the room location I wanted. We booked a royal garden view room, and asked to be near the bridge that led to the lobby, south bus stop, etc. we were placed in Parterre building room 9797, which is a handicapped room located farthest from the foot bridge.☹️ Also, handicap rooms do not have the separate sink, separate bathroom set up. Made it much harder to get ready in the mornings. Called to get moved, not going to happen, no other rooms available. No worries we are at Disney! Room was adorable and it only took a short beautiful stroll to bus stop. Speaking of buses, we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus. The only complaint, and it's a big one, is the order of drop off, why is the busiest south bus stop last?! Pure torture when you are exhausted.
We enjoyed the quiet pool, only went for a couple of hours, but boy did it help us recharge! Remember to bring a towel from your room.
I recommend a made in front of you salad at Boatwright's, very yummy!
We have always been big fans of Caribbean Beach Resort, but we loved POR so much it has now our first choice for our next stay!

Hello everyone. I have just booked 9 nights and 10 days with the free dining at Port Orleans Riverside. We have always been fans of CBR (2013, 2014 and 2015) however with the construction we do not want to stay there. I was very close to booking pop resort, but I am very scared to go from a moderate resort to a value, considering the amount of time we do like to spend at our resort. We do four days of parks and enjoy downtown Disney and relaxation at our resort the rest of the time. In reading as much as I can about Port Orleans, it seems like alligator Bayou are the rooms that have sleeping for five. I would much prefer this and I am wondering what rooms I should request? Thanks! Oh I booked a standard room

Hello everyone. I have just booked 9 nights and 10 days with the free dining at Port Orleans Riverside. We have always been fans of CBR (2013, 2014 and 2015) however with the construction we do not want to stay there. I was very close to booking pop resort, but I am very scared to go from a moderate resort to a value, considering the amount of time we do like to spend at our resort. We do four days of parks and enjoy downtown Disney and relaxation at our resort the rest of the time. In reading as much as I can about Port Orleans, it seems like alligator Bayou are the rooms that have sleeping for five. I would much prefer this and I am wondering what rooms I should request? Thanks! Oh I booked a standard room

Just request Alligator Bayou.

In reading as much as I can about Port Orleans, it seems like alligator Bayou are the rooms that have sleeping for five. I would much prefer this and I am wondering what rooms I should request?

You need to request an Alligator Bayou room. Of if you want to guarantee that area (plus a very convenient location) switch your room category from "Standard" to "Preferred Location".

Andre

We have 6 nights booked at POR in August this year. I have stayed here before but never found the time to stop and experience Yehaa Bob. On this next trip I am really going to try to make time to see him. What do others think of his show and is it worth it to carve time out a very busy trip to see him? Also, I know he performs at the bar in the main building but are my children (teens) able to attend as well?

We have 6 nights booked at POR in August this year. I have stayed here before but never found the time to stop and experience Yehaa Bob. On this next trip I am really going to try to make time to see him. What do others think of his show and is it worth it to carve time out a very busy trip to see him? Also, I know he performs at the bar in the main building but are my children (teens) able to attend as well?

I haven't seen his show, but am planning the same as you for our upcoming trip. I think we'll really enjoy it!

From everything I've read, it's a lot of fun. If you get there 45-1hr early, he visits with patrons and you might end up in the act. It's family friendly. I'm taking DH and my kids, who are 13, 12, and 9.

Does anyone know if there is any talk of room refurbishment for POR? I know they are doing CSR rooms now and we are trying to decide where to stay for early 2018. Thanks

Bob's show is truly entertaining! He greets guests beforehand and is very personable. Guests of all ages are welcome in the bar for his performances.

Does anyone know if there is any talk of room refurbishment for POR? I know they are doing CSR rooms now and we are trying to decide where to stay for early 2018. Thanks

French Quarter will be first (due to start later this year as far as I know) and presumably Riverside will follow straight on afterwards, so work should start at POR early/mid next year.

Andre

Anyone who has stayed at POR recently...is the room décor really as dated as it seems in some of the videos I've watched? We stayed at POFQ in 2010 (before the beds were upgraded to queens) and we really loved it, but now we are a family of five so we need more space. We stayed at AOA last trip in 2014 and may have gotten spoiled by how new everything felt there. I have a FD reservation for 9/20-9/28 at POR and was super excited because this was our first choice this trip, but kind of got a little worried about the condition of the rooms. We are considering switching to a different offer at BC for one less night, but I'd like to stick with this one if possible. Thanks!

French Quarter will be first (due to start later this year as far as I know) and presumably Riverside will follow straight on afterwards, so work should start at POR early/mid next year.

Andre

Do you know if the Riverside refurbishment will be a major mess (AKA CBR) or not really a big deal?

It's been over a year and a half since we've been to WDW so my boys and I are making a semi last minute trip in July to just enjoy the resort and spend a day cooling off at BB. Going to be so strange not going to the parks, but considering the summer heat, our pool time will be wonderful. Originally booked AS Sports to save $, but the more I thought about it, I was bummed about not going home to POR...so I just changed our resort and am all excited once again. Love POR!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter