Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

One of the reasons that I asked is the same reason you're alluding to: it's just one person. He's entitled to his opinion, and his series of podcasts are pretty much just that, opinions.

I didn't know if it was how people feel in general, or if it's just him. I don't have a problem going into a place and forming my own opinion.
We ate there the last 2 years. Food was fine. Not the best we have ever had at WDW but by no means the worst. DH 's shrimp & grits and jambalaya were very good. The ribs I had were good but think will switch to one of the dishes he had next time.

While I am hoping for free dining, I went ahead and snapped up a garden view room with the summertime offer and Canadian residents tickets deal and paying for DDP. If free dining comes out and only has free quick service dining for mods, I won't be stressing since it is not that great a difference for my family of 4.....it would save me maybe $250 but that's it. That won't make or break me.

My question is, how do I go about avoiding a connecting room? Are there any maps out there that show me where connecting rooms are located so I can avoid these? Particularly in building 85 as this is the building I am requesting (fingers crossed).

Last edited:
So I am booked in a Royal Room - Garden View. Does anyone have any tips on rooms I should request, if any? I don't really have anything particular in mind. It's our first stay at POR..

My question is, how do I go about avoiding a connecting room? Are there any maps out there that show me where connecting rooms are located so I can avoid these?

All of the connecting rooms are listed on the building floorplans on my website, but given that there are 110+ such rooms in building 85 alone, you'd be hard-pressed to list them all in a request! Just say you'd prefer not to have a connecting doorway - although to be honest it is rarely any kind of an issue at all, and has never been something that has bothered me.

Andre

Same here, we visited the food court last year and walked around the Alligator Bayou section a bit, but didn't see the Mansion section at all which is where we'll be in (Royal Room).

We got our little booklet from WDW and on the first page it mentions how we will be "royal guests" (as we're staying in a Royal Room) and now DD thinks we are "special guests". Every time she tells someone we're going to WDW she's like "We're going to be Royal Guests!", like that's an actual thing. I hope she's not too disappointed, lol.

We booked a royal room too. I told my daughter about it and she is feeling about the same as yours! I have actually thought about switching, but I know it would break her heart so we will stay. She is very excited for the room and said last time our room was boring (at the Contemporary).

All of the connecting rooms are listed on the building floorplans on my website, but given that there are 110+ such rooms in building 85 alone, you'd be hard-pressed to list them all in a request! Just say you'd prefer not to have a connecting doorway - although to be honest it is rarely any kind of an issue at all, and has never been something that has bothered me.

Andre
Sometimes I have found that there is a lot of noise that seeps through from the connecting room. It's good to know that Riverside has done it right as that not typically has not been my experience at other hotels.

I will definitely check out your website though. It looks like it has a lot of great information!

So I am booked in a Royal Room - Garden View. Does anyone have any tips on rooms I should request, if any? I don't really have anything particular in mind. It's our first stay at POR..
If you don't have any preferences, then I'd just let them put you where they put you. It's not like you're going to get a bad view. :)

Sometimes I have found that there is a lot of noise that seeps through from the connecting room. It's good to know that Riverside has done it right as that not typically has not been my experience at other hotels.

I will definitely check out your website though. It looks like it has a lot of great information!

We're in a connecting room at the moment in building 85. Last night our neighbour came home somewhat worse for wear and we heard him trying to put a key in the lock outside.

Once inside, we heard nothing. Unless there are serious shenanigans going on, I imagine you'll be fine...

We're in a connecting room at the moment in building 85. Last night our neighbour came home somewhat worse for wear and we heard him trying to put a key in the lock outside.

Once inside, we heard nothing. Unless there are serious shenanigans going on, I imagine you'll be fine...
Lol! Thanks for chiming in. Good to know.:D

Everyone is entitled to express their option, and that particular host especially so... ;)

To be honest, I've generally heard very few negative comments about Boatwright's, and we've always been happy with the food when we've eaten there. Others in this thread have commented that it is a bit of an underrated hidden gem at Disney World. However everyone's tastes and opinions vary, and everywhere can have an off day, and there are lots of other choices at WDW if you feel nervous about eating there based on that one particular podcast comment.

Andre

I've actually heard a lot more positive than negative lately. I haven't eaten there yet, but it's one of those that I always say I'm going to try next time. I say it's worth a shot, especially if you're already staying there.

Ask for what you want (if anything), rather than room numbers. It's much easier for them to figure out where to put you.

If you don't have any preferences, then I'd just let them put you where they put you. It's not like you're going to get a bad view. :)

Agreed. I did that the first couple of times. This time, I said first floor, close to the main building, and non-parking lot view if possible.

We have had connecting rooms on half of our visits to POFQ. Never noticed any extra noise compared to non-connecting rooms

Correct, the sixteen rooms in building 14 that overlook the river are sold and allocated as RIVER VIEW category bookings, not to Preferred Location booking guests. Thusly:

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-14.png

Andre
I had no idea! I just assumed every room in those buildings were preferred only.

Okay AB having no dressers. For a family, I don't get it. Where are you keeping all of your suitscases and clothes at?

Never mind! I see there are some pull out drawers.

Okay AB having no dressers. For a family, I don't get it. Where are you keeping all of your suitscases and clothes at?

This is where you have to get very creative. Closet organizers can go a long way to keeping things organized. There is a hanging bar next to the sinks, so something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Zober-5-Shel...ageorganization&ie=UTF8&qid=1492789325&sr=1-8 can work.

I don't remember if the space under the murphy bed is actually drawers or if it's just decoration.

As for the luggage, itself, I put them next to the heads of the beds.

Hello all!! My family and I are heading to POR on June 10th. It will be myself, mom and my 3 kids. My mom though has just started suffering from a pinch nerve in her back that is leaving her not so happy. My question to you all is this. I have a garden view room booked and will plan on faxing a building request but I wasn't sure which building I should request that is close to the main building. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

I'm super excited about coming back to POR. We haven't stayed here the last 2 visits and I'm really happy to be headed back.

Hello all!! My family and I are heading to POR on June 10th. It will be myself, mom and my 3 kids. My mom though has just started suffering from a pinch nerve in her back that is leaving her not so happy. My question to you all is this. I have a garden view room booked and will plan on faxing a building request but I wasn't sure which building I should request that is close to the main building. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

I'm super excited about coming back to POR. We haven't stayed here the last 2 visits and I'm really happy to be headed back.

Instead of requesting a building, I would explain the situation in the fax and request a room close to the main building.

This is where you have to get very creative. Closet organizers can go a long way to keeping things organized. There is a hanging bar next to the sinks, so something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Zober-5-Shel...ageorganization&ie=UTF8&qid=1492789325&sr=1-8 can work.

I don't remember if the space under the murphy bed is actually drawers or if it's just decoration.

As for the luggage, itself, I put them next to the heads of the beds.
I got one of those in '12 when we were 5 adults and a 12 yr old in a single BC room. Loved it so much I added a 2nd for our '14 trip. I got an extra-sturdy one from Walmart.com and it holds more than you'd imagine. The hanging shoe organizers make for less shoe clutter on the floor and those folding boxes (Dollar Tree sells them) are great for organizing toiletries and keeping the vanity clutter free. I put the boxes either on the shelf above the hanger bar or if the vanity has a shelf below the sink(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter