Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I spent 2 nights at POFQ this past weekend. It was a very last minute spur-of-the-moment trip. No parks (blocked out), just hanging out at the resort. Had to get a ton of pictures for a photo book to make about a previous trip. I think I took over 200 pictures over the weekend just at the resort.

I was really impressed how several items at the food court were cooked to order. The gumbo was not, but I watched the cook make my shrimp and grits and that was great. The 50th anniversary raspberry cheesecake dessert was really nice, too. Didn't have any beignets (long story) but I did try the fried pimento cheese and a Southern Hurricane in the jazz lounge, and both were great.
Dinner the next night was Boatwrights, where the food was good but the service was not. Boudin Balls, great. Prime rib, nice. Banana Cream Pie Bread Pudding, different. Trio of sorbets - oof, that raspberry sorbet was fantastic!

Talked to a number of people, did some pin trading at the pin board at the store, and overall had a really nice weekend.
Paid for a water view room (only $23 more than standard), was upgraded to a king room water view on the corner of building 6, so I had a great view of the water taxi that runs to PO-Riverside. Also had a great view of what walkways flood during a heavy rain....and it rained hard both afternoons.

And I took the water taxi to Disney Springs to get the Orange Bird AP magnet. Water taxi drops you off really close to the redemption store you have to go to, but you have to walk to the other side of the Christmas store to get into Disney Springs. (I just cut through the store to get back over to where I needed to be). Picked up the magnet and an Orange Bird FigPin, and then it was back to the POFQ.

The white wine question reminded me of a few I have:

>Do they sell bottles of wine and half-n-half at Jackson Square?
>How late is Scat Cat's lounge open? Sounds like a fun, late-night thing to do.

Hi Everyone! This will be our first time stay at POFQ! We are so excited! We always stay at POP but decided to switch it up. I have read through almost all of the thread but I just had a quick question. Does POFQ have a toaster? Hot water dispenser? My DH and I like to have a quick breakfast before we head out. We usually wake up and go fill our refillable mugs with coffee, toast some bagels or make some oatmeal (sometimes grab something from the food court) and head back to the room to get ready. I know POP has them but our last trip they were not accessible still (May 2021). Thought I would make sure before planning a grocery order. I looked up pictures and thought I saw them, but figured best to ask the experts! Thank you!
Actually, we buy really inexpensive ones to use in our room either through Amazon or local store! we have even bought an inexpensive waffle maker to make omlets in! we just buy the egg mix from the store and throw things in it..works great for a quick, light breakfast. we also buy a cooler to keep things in that are too big for the room fridge.....then when we leave, we leave all of the cleaned items with a note saying that if the cleaning staff wanted any of the stuff they were welcome too it and if they didn't they could do what they wanted with it.

Another store question….does anyone know the white wine available for purchase?

I didn't look closely at every option, but in the fridge they had Disney's "house brand" which I *think* was the "Happily Ever After" label, or something similar...

The white wine question reminded me of a few I have:

>Do they sell bottles of wine and half-n-half at Jackson Square?
>How late is Scat Cat's lounge open? Sounds like a fun, late-night thing to do.

They sell bottles of wine and they sell milk products. I don't recall specifically seeing half-n-half, however.

Scat Cat's had last call at 11:45 pm while we were visiting, and "closed" at midnight. We were able to order adult beverages until last call, and the staff never made us feel rushed to finish and get out! Fun fact: You can't order food in Scat Cat's (like we used to be able to do when it was in it's "original" location) but if you are ordering adult beverages, they will allow you to bring in food from the Floatworks. Be sure to discuss with the bartender or your server first, as a courtesy, and of course, (as always) remember to tip your server.

I didn't look closely at every option, but in the fridge they had Disney's "house brand" which I *think* was the "Happily Ever After" label, or something similar...

They sell bottles of wine and they sell milk products. I don't recall specifically seeing half-n-half, however.

Scat Cat's had last call at 11:45 pm while we were visiting, and "closed" at midnight. We were able to order adult beverages until last call, and the staff never made us feel rushed to finish and get out! Fun fact: You can't order food in Scat Cat's (like we used to be able to do when it was in it's "original" location) but if you are ordering adult beverages, they will allow you to bring in food from the Floatworks. Be sure to discuss with the bartender or your server first, as a courtesy, and of course, (as always) remember to tip your server.
Interesting about food at Scat Cats….MDE shows appetizers/snacks served in the lounge until 10. Were you there later than that?

We ordered beignets and were offered their food menu at Scat Cat's in May. We left around 10pm. I will say service was very slow though. We thought we were stopping in for a quick drink and beignets (and live music). It took 20 mins for our drinks (I got a mixed drink, kiddo just got a lemonade) and then another 30 mins for the beignets. Then another 30 for the check.

Interesting about food at Scat Cats….MDE shows appetizers/snacks served in the lounge until 10. Were you there later than that?

We were there about 8:30 or 9:00 on a couple of evenings, after 10 pm on a couple of other nights.

I was referring to the fact that in the past (when Scat Cat's was where the "cafe" is now) you could have anything from the Floatworks served while enjoying an adult beverage there. They also had appetizers back then that were not available in the Floatworks, as I recall.

We ordered beignets and were offered their food menu at Scat Cat's in May. We left around 10pm. I will say service was very slow though. We thought we were stopping in for a quick drink and beignets (and live music). It took 20 mins for our drinks (I got a mixed drink, kiddo just got a lemonade) and then another 30 mins for the beignets. Then another 30 for the check.

Overall, our service was quite good in July, however we were there during one of the busiest weeks of the summer season, so I would not be surprised to learn that they had boosted staffing during that time.

All the staff we interacted with were very friendly, efficient and readily available. We never had to wait more than a few minutes for our drinks, or our server, even when the club was full.

Is there a spot near FQ to get a casual view of fireworks? Not necessarily a great view, looking for convenience more than prime viewing!

My kids can never stay up late enough to see fireworks at home, but we'll be visiting FQ in February so the fireworks times might be early enough. I'd like to get a casual view of some fireworks on one of the first few nights of our trip to get a sense of their interest before trying to tackle fireworks in the parks.

I spent 2 nights at POFQ this past weekend. It was a very last minute spur-of-the-moment trip. No parks (blocked out), just hanging out at the resort. Had to get a ton of pictures for a photo book to make about a previous trip. I think I took over 200 pictures over the weekend just at the resort.

I was really impressed how several items at the food court were cooked to order. The gumbo was not, but I watched the cook make my shrimp and grits and that was great. The 50th anniversary raspberry cheesecake dessert was really nice, too. Didn't have any beignets (long story) but I did try the fried pimento cheese and a Southern Hurricane in the jazz lounge, and both were great.
Dinner the next night was Boatwrights, where the food was good but the service was not. Boudin Balls, great. Prime rib, nice. Banana Cream Pie Bread Pudding, different. Trio of sorbets - oof, that raspberry sorbet was fantastic!

Talked to a number of people, did some pin trading at the pin board at the store, and overall had a really nice weekend.
Paid for a water view room (only $23 more than standard), was upgraded to a king room water view on the corner of building 6, so I had a great view of the water taxi that runs to PO-Riverside. Also had a great view of what walkways flood during a heavy rain....and it rained hard both afternoons.

And I took the water taxi to Disney Springs to get the Orange Bird AP magnet. Water taxi drops you off really close to the redemption store you have to go to, but you have to walk to the other side of the Christmas store to get into Disney Springs. (I just cut through the store to get back over to where I needed to be). Picked up the magnet and an Orange Bird FigPin, and then it was back to the POFQ.
How long was the ride from POFQ to DS?

How is the AC at POFQ? Is it one of those units that turns off and on all night (I am a light sleeper). Thank you!

How long was the ride from POFQ to DS?

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe about 10-15 minutes. I was preoccupied taking pictures and video of the ride because you pass by the Treehouse Villas, the Villas dock, the Saratoga Springs dock, one of the golf courses, Saratoga Springs, and then Disney Springs as you approach the marketplace dock between Disney Springs and Saratoga Springs. They're only using that particular dock for all the water taxis.

Is there a spot near FQ to get a casual view of fireworks? Not necessarily a great view, looking for convenience more than prime viewing!

My kids can never stay up late enough to see fireworks at home, but we'll be visiting FQ in February so the fireworks times might be early enough. I'd like to get a casual view of some fireworks on one of the first few nights of our trip to get a sense of their interest before trying to tackle fireworks in the parks.

I was in building 4 this past week and I could see some fireworks behind the trees near my room.

Yes - you can see some of EPCOTs fireworks from the upper floors of building 4 (just ask at the front desk, and they can show you on a map several places you can stand)

You can also see the EPCOT fireworks from several places at Disney Springs - and if you time your ride home down the Sassagoula just right… you will have a phenomal view out over the lake just after you leave the dock!

Refurbishment for Three Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Featured Pools Announced for 2024

The Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Featured Pools that will be closed for refurbishment from January 2024 through April 2024 are:

• Fantasia Pool at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Fuentes del Morro Pool at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Doubloon Lagoon at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
While the Featured Pools on the above list will be closed for refurbishment from January 2024 through April 2024, have no fear as there are still opportunities to have some wet fun in the sun during your visit at each Resort Hotel listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter