Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I was looking at the menu and the order food on the app for Sassagoula and noticed the shrimp and grits and buttermilk chicken haven't been available on the order food option but show on the menu. Anyone know if these are still available?

Ok, So I plan to read all 481 pages of info. BUT I just switched to here from Coronado, which I have been researching over and over for three years (dates keep moving due to COVID).
So needless to say with only 3 months before my trip I am feeling completely freaked out. Anyone stayed at both? Can ease my mind and tell me why it's a good decision. Thanks
I like French quarters a lot more than Coronado. I’ve stayed at both. It was a long walk to refill mugs at Coronado along with the multiple bus stops. You made the right decision switching!

Does any one know how I find out more about house keeping at POFQ?

If you click on "start online check-in" in the MDE app, it says:

Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning.

Throughout your stay, you'll receive light cleaning service every other day (if you're a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you'll receive service on the 4th and 8th days). Or, you can decline this service during your stay.

[then there is the option to accept or decline]

Light Cleaning Service Every Other Day:

This service will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces[/ICODE]

How do we get new towels on days there is no service? Are we best to get them from the pool and drop old ones there?

How do we get new towels on days there is no service? Are we best to get them from the pool and drop old ones there?

Just call Housekeeping - there is a button on your room phone - and they will bring you clean fresh towels.

That way, you can leave the pool towels for those of us who are... in the pool, cooling off! 🤣

Is there a building/floor/area that would be most quiet? I am a super light sleeper.
How hard is it to get a specific room request like that?

Is there a building/floor/area that would be most quiet? I am a super light sleeper.
I would not reserve a pool view room as there would be noise during times the pool is open. You may want to request a room on the third floor so you can avoid noise from the rooms above.

Building 7 is very quiet and still less than a 5 minute walk from the main building despite being the last building. Agree with PP to not book pool view and request a high floor.

The problem with "quiet" is that outside of avoiding things like pool view, it is highly dependent on other people. What is a super quiet building one week could have super noisy visitors the next. There's just no way to predict that.

Buildings 1 and 2 and buildings 6 and 7 facing the courtyard are relatively quiet.
It's never easy to get a specific room. But not hard getting a general area - like facing the courtyard.

Hi Everyone! This will be our first time stay at POFQ! We are so excited! We always stay at POP but decided to switch it up. I have read through almost all of the thread but I just had a quick question. Does POFQ have a toaster? Hot water dispenser? My DH and I like to have a quick breakfast before we head out. We usually wake up and go fill our refillable mugs with coffee, toast some bagels or make some oatmeal (sometimes grab something from the food court) and head back to the room to get ready. I know POP has them but our last trip they were not accessible still (May 2021). Thought I would make sure before planning a grocery order. I looked up pictures and thought I saw them, but figured best to ask the experts! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter