• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

My turn!
Ok, we haven't been in many years. Back in ancient times there was a real honest to God bakery attached to the food court. That's where you got the beignets, which were made fresh to order. Does this thing of the past still exist or has it changed like everything Disney? Just wondering if it's worth the 30 minute drive over for the beignets and a little nostalgia.

OK - so remember where Scat Cat's used to be? (long story, it's still there, but it moved into the old/longtime closed TS, and now *its* the club, and the club is only beignets and coffee... :::whew::: hope that makes sense! LOL)

Anyway... last time we were there (Thanksgiving 2021, last year) it was worth the drive, or the boat ride, or the bus ride, or however you can get there.

The recipe has changed a bit since your last visit, but they are still warm and soft and covered in powdered sugar. Perfect with a cup of coffee, sitting outside the Floatworks in the warm Florida sun in the early morning.

OK - so remember where Scat Cat's used to be? (long story, it's still there, but it moved into the old/longtime closed TS, and now *its* the club, and the club is only beignets and coffee... :::whew::: hope that makes sense! LOL)

Anyway... last time we were there (Thanksgiving 2021, last year) it was worth the drive, or the boat ride, or the bus ride, or however you can get there.

The recipe has changed a bit since your last visit, but they are still warm and soft and covered in powdered sugar. Perfect with a cup of coffee, sitting outside the Floatworks in the warm Florida sun in the early morning.
Yup! We actually ate at the TS restaurant several times before it closed. Don't recall what it was called though.
Scat Cat was on the left from the parking lot entrance, across the lobby from check-in. Had a small stage and tables not inside the club proper. Inside was more tables and the bar.
A hard left after the club put you at the bakery and the entrance to the food court order/pickup. The bakery counter was when you got the beignets.
Off topic, but is the pizza window still there? That used to be on the left after you passed the exit from order/pickup and faced the tables.
We actually live down I-4 towards Tampa about 30 minutes from Disney entrance, so that would be the drive.

Last edited:
Yup! We actually ate at the TS restaurant several times before it closed. Don't recall what it was called though.
It was called Bonfamille's Café, and it closed mid-2000, after which is was used for internal purposes such as meetings, storage and as a test kitchen for other WDW locations. Named after Madame Bonfamille in The Aristocats.

1654787478048.png

Andre

Some questions regarding bus transportation:)

Does POFQ have the bus arrival time board at the bus stop? How accurate do they tend to be?

Are they currently sharing busses with POR (we arrive July 21)?

A few years ago at the CR we were able to check bus arrival times from our room on the app. Is that still an available feature? I loved that:)

Yes they have the boards and times in the app. They'll report the same info. I find them to be a solid rough estimate, but because they're real time and traffic happens, etc, they're not perfect. Also I found in February that (property wide) it was not uncommon for at least one bus destination to not be reporting at all times. Final thought, they don't usually report the time of the first bus of the day until it's rolling in.

In late February bus sharing with Riverside was happening returning from most parks, and once the initial crush of guests had headed for the parks at opening. I feel like Magic Kingdom always had dedicated buses, but it was a few months ago so I could be wrong. French Quarter was always first.

I found the bus times to be mostly inaccurate, but in a positive way. We had just missed a bus and it said the next bus was 15 mins later, but another came in less than 5. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus (in early May).

We did share buses with POR, but only in the middle of the day when it was less crowded. In the mornings/evenings, we went straight to the parks. When we did share, FQ was the first to pick up, then we hit the Riverside stops, then the park. On the way home, FQ dropped off first.

I am trying to figure out a room request. I am booked for garden view and would really like a corner room. Do y'all have any suggestions of buildings, what to ask for, etc?

I am trying to figure out a room request. I am booked for garden view and would really like a corner room. Do y'all have any suggestions of buildings, what to ask for, etc?

Honestly, some of the prettiest Garden Views are going to be in the *center* of the building; on the corners, you tend to see other buildings out your windows, and less garden.

That's just our experience; YMMV.

Sorry if this is a repeat. I did do a Search but wanted to be sure.

Are beignets only offered in the evening still? Or can you get them during the daytime now?

Thank you!

Sorry if this is a repeat. I did do a Search but wanted to be sure.

Are beignets only offered in the evening still? Or can you get them during the daytime now?

Thank you!
We had them for lunch in February!

I guess they do. We had them around 1pm and there was a big line to get them. They were delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter