Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Just saw the AP discount this morning around 6:55. Was able to add to my split stay 2 night portion for Port Orleans French Quarter with a room type change from River View to Garden View. Garden View was all that was left - from the pictures, it seems it will still be lovely - any tips or comments on Garden View or Room Requests that are particularly helpful? Thanks so much - it will be our first Port Orleans stay, and I can't wait!!

No AP discount now... And I've been checking everyday.

Garden View is great. I got "cheated" one trip. Building 2 has "Garden View" rooms that really look out on the parking
- yes there is a bit of a garden between the parking and the building but it was a disappointment. However, building 1 and 2 has, perhaps, my fav GV rooms. But 4, 6 and 7 overlook the Frog Pond and that's a great area.

Last edited:
I got "cheated" one trip. Building 2 has "Garden View" rooms that really look out on the parking

That's Building 3. None of building 2 rooms overlook parking lots at all. And that one in building 3 doesn't really either, it looks across some courtyard trees and on the other side of the garden is a parking lot. That one (very specific) view down the pathway from somewhere around room 3309 makes it look rather less garden-like than it is.

618963 618965

Andre

Attachments

• 1635874296138.png
    1635874296138.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
That's Building 3. None of building 2 rooms overlook parking lots at all. And that one in building 3 doesn't really either, it looks across some courtyard trees and on the other side of the garden is a parking lot. That one (very specific) view down the pathway from somewhere around room 3309 makes it look rather less garden-like than it is.
I apologize. I wrote down the wrong building number. That picture I posted is clearly Building 3. A slip of the finger as I wrote and I didn't double check before I posted. I'm so sorry for the mistake. I will be more careful in the future.

That one (very specific) view was the room I felt wasn't really a Garden View room so it was a disappointment. To me.

Last edited:
Just saw the AP discount this morning around 6:55. Was able to add to my split stay 2 night portion for Port Orleans French Quarter with a room type change from River View to Garden View. Garden View was all that was left - from the pictures, it seems it will still be lovely - any tips or comments on Garden View or Room Requests that are particularly helpful? Thanks so much - it will be our first Port Orleans stay, and I can't wait!!

Honestly, we have yet to have a Garden View room that has disappointed, and I have frankly lost track of the number of nights we have spent at POFQ.

Let the first time be a surprise - and as you get to know the Resort, you will find your own personal favorite building and views! Some folks don't spend enough time in their rooms to worry about a view, and I have to say that at POFQ, even the "standard view" is not too shabby! Yes, there's a parking lot, but it's all surrounded by trees, and there is really only a handful of rooms that might overlook a roof or backstage work area.

Welcome "home" to POFQ - I'm not at all objective, but I think you will love it!

Honestly, we have yet to have a Garden View room that has disappointed, and I have frankly lost track of the number of nights we have spent at POFQ.

Let the first time be a surprise - and as you get to know the Resort, you will find your own personal favorite building and views! Some folks don't spend enough time in their rooms to worry about a view, and I have to say that at POFQ, even the "standard view" is not too shabby! Yes, there's a parking lot, but it's all surrounded by trees, and there is really only a handful of rooms that might overlook a roof or backstage work area.

Welcome "home" to POFQ - I'm not at all objective, but I think you will love it!

Thank you so much! We are so excited! Over the years, my kids have loved Pop for the fun and theming, but as they get older, and our trips get fewer, and we need a little different pace and some relaxing built in - I'm thinking that this might be a great fit for us! Thanks again for your kind words - POFQ folks seem to be a very nice group!

Does anyone know if the "Beignet Dash" Fun Run is still taking place? Wasn't sure if that had been off due to Covid and if it had/would come back. Staying in January (first ever Disney trip) and was thinking it might be nice on my Sunday morning (and I will jog/fast walk for Beignets!)

Does anyone know if the "Beignet Dash" Fun Run is still taking place? Wasn't sure if that had been off due to Covid and if it had/would come back. Staying in January (first ever Disney trip) and was thinking it might be nice on my Sunday morning (and I will jog/fast walk for Beignets!)

It's not listed on the board (nor is the the painting session on Wednesdays) but it's early days yet and the information is not as detailed as before, things could still change. The resort is not at full inventory capacity yet, so they could be waiting for that.

Andre

Looking to grab some beignets for the first time on our trip next week. What time does Scat Cat’s Cafe open?

About to book my 2nd stay here for my 50th Birthday solo trip Jan 21-29. It was a decision between the Gran Destino Tower at Coronado or POFQ and the proximity to Epcot and to the Springs (and the price) and theming broke the tie.
Stayed in Building 7 last time and thought it was fine. I love how compact this resort is. Any room suggestions otherwise? Went to TP and looks like some good standard rooms...not that I am going to spend that much time in the room.
Thanks!

About to book my 2nd stay here for my 50th Birthday solo trip Jan 21-29. It was a decision between the Gran Destino Tower at Coronado or POFQ and the proximity to Epcot and to the Springs (and the price) and theming broke the tie.
Stayed in Building 7 last time and thought it was fine. I love how compact this resort is. Any room suggestions otherwise? Went to TP and looks like some good standard rooms...not that I am going to spend that much time in the room.
Thanks!

I love a Garden View room... I know it's kinda silly, but there is something about opening the windows in the morning, and seeing the landscaping...

Having said that, Standard View folks get to enjoy those exact same views as they stroll to the bus stop or to the Floatworks to eat, so...

I would *love* have a River View, but alas there are no roll-in shower rooms with 2 queens that have a River View... I believe there is *1* room in Building 1 (1135) that might have a partial River View, however so far in all of our many stays, we have never been able to grab that room (I have always theorized that it must be popular for that reason!)

In the end, I have yet to have a "bad" room at POFQ. Totally not helpful, I know but there you are. Not a thing wrong with staying with Building 7, and really not a bad location anywhere else!

Any reports on if the bus system to parks is running as well as it used to after the re-opening?

Hi! Very specific question. Does anyone know if the food court or grab and go carries any other flavor of yogurt besides blueberry? Allergic to blueberries! TIA
I saw only blueberry Oikos Greek yogurt today. Sorry! I’ll keep checking when we go.
They do have a yogurt parfait that has strawberries and granola.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter