Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I'd like to use a hanging shoe organizer at POFQ when I go next month to keep the room tidy. Is there a door in the rooms that would work for this? I couldn't tell from the photos I've seen. Thanks!

Over the hanging rail in the wash area maybe?

Andre

I'd like to use a hanging shoe organizer at POFQ when I go next month to keep the room tidy. Is there a door in the rooms that would work for this? I couldn't tell from the photos I've seen. Thanks!

The bathroom door does open in so I'm not sure if that would work. You could use the bar that you'd normally hang clothes on to the right of the sinks.

IMG_8656 - Copy.JPG

Can you tell me more about Prime Pantry and what you would order? I was thinking of having some disney gifts sent ahead of time that my girls wouldn't know about, and ask housekeeping if they could set them up in the room as a surprise.

I am ordering bottled water, gatorade, microwave popcorn, chocolate bars and graham crackers (to make s'mores at the marshmallow roast), and quick snacks like fruit snacks and apple sauce in the squeeze container. Flat rate shipping is $5.99 but if you have Prime and have made a purchase before (or will make one) choosing slow shipping, sometimes that give a $5.99 credit for Prime Pantry making your shipment free.

there are shelves above the sink and under the sink. Lots of storage space. I think the shoe organizer would be annoying in this particular set up.

I am ordering bottled water, gatorade, microwave popcorn, chocolate bars and graham crackers (to make s'mores at the marshmallow roast), and quick snacks like fruit snacks and apple sauce in the squeeze container.

I've never stayed at a Disney hotel before, is it really that common/normal/okay/easy to order food & drink deliveries to the hotel? Can it just be delivered to bell service? And how much would fit in the fridges in POFQ?
We've both got a fair range of food allergies, so being able to have some suitable snacks would be a great help!

I was beyond impressed with PoFQ. We just returned from a week stay after routinely staying at deluxe resorts for the past visits. I would go back to PoFQ or POR in an instant.

Given that deluxe resorts have become so unreasonably expensive, I can see us returning here for our 2017 visit.

The Pros- Small, compact, & quiet resort. The main pool was relatively quiet. Very clean rooms. Best bus service we've experienced on any trip.

The Cons- Uncomfortable beds, less than "magical" CMs at the Food Court (they looked so sad; frowning), small bathrooms
Can you tell me more about the "uncomfortable beds?" What made them uncomfortable?

I've never stayed at a Disney hotel before, is it really that common/normal/okay/easy to order food & drink deliveries to the hotel? Can it just be delivered to bell service? And how much would fit in the fridges in POFQ?
We've both got a fair range of food allergies, so being able to have some suitable snacks would be a great help!

This is not my first time staying on site, but will be my first time staying at POFQ as well as having items delivered. I called the resort and was told that they would hold the box for me for up to 10 days. It's very common to order things and have then delivered. I have read about Garden Grocer on here before. Guests do it all the time.

Every trip we have stopped at the resort's market place and purchased items to keep in the room as snacks. It makes more sense to me to just order and have them delivered for a fraction of the cost.

I am not sure how big the fridges are but I am assuming they are mini fridges. We are buying items that do not have to be refrigerated and whatever we want to keep cold, we can replenish as we use them.

I just received my welcome packet for my June stay! I'm so excited. It is our second visit and first at a resort, so I'm hoping POFQ is as great as everyone says. Thank you everyone for the great info on this page. I will keep lurking.

Welcome packet?

This is not my first time staying on site, but will be my first time staying at POFQ as well as having items delivered. I called the resort and was told that they would hold the box for me for up to 10 days. It's very common to order things and have then delivered. I have read about Garden Grocer on here before. Guests do it all the time.

Thank you :) Will definitely consider this in September then

What kind of "welcome packet" did you receive? We received a small booklet about a month ago from WDW with some general details about our trip and reservations. Is that what you mean?
I am thinking this might only be sent when you book a trip with the Disney travel folks, or a TA that uses them. The trip I did with the magical folks I don't think I got the little packet because it's a "convention" or group reservation, and not booked directly with Disney.

I could be wrong, but didn't get the packet or the luggage tags (did get the Magic Bands and Magical Express yellow tags though).

What kind of "welcome packet" did you receive? We received a small booklet about a month ago from WDW with some general details about our trip and reservations. Is that what you mean?
Exactly. It gave the details of the room, dining plan, that sort of stuff. Not much, but still that first bit of Disney magic that made the trip seem real.

Exactly. It gave the details of the room, dining plan, that sort of stuff. Not much, but still that first bit of Disney magic that made the trip seem real.
I remember when I got mine, I was SO excited. My husband thought I was crazy, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter