Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Reading a Disney guidebook today & it really threw me for a loop re: transportation times … indicated DRAMATIC increases in transportation time due to difficulty rehiring / replacing bus CMs let go at the height of the pandemic. Curious what your RECENT experiences at POP! have been?
On my RECENT stay at POP transportation times were much better than my stay two years ago. Perhaps not as good as pre-lockdown, but getting better.

Mornings and evenings there were plenty of buses to MK and AK. Mid-day there seemed to be fewer buses than in the past. At most I think you may see 5 minutes longer transportation time than a few years ago. And that depends on time of day and during peak seasons. I not noticed a DRAMATIC increase in transportation times.

Hmmmm....I would think taking the skylner to Epcot and then walking to Dolphin would be the shorter walk/quicker time. We've stayed at Dolphin and Beach Club and done the walk to Epcot and DHS and definitely feel it's shorter/faster walking from epcot skyliner to dolphin than walking from dhs. We would (and do) skyline to Epcot to go anywhere on the Boardwalk.
The walk from IG to Dolphin may be a little quicker but not enough to offset the 7 minute differential in Flight Time from CBR Station to DHS versus CBR Station to IG.

The walk from IG to Dolphin may be a little quicker but not enough to offset the 7 minute differential in Flight Time from CBR Station to DHS versus CBR Station to IG.
Hmmm....according to reports it looks like the walk from dhs to swan is .83 miles/18 mins while from IG is .52/12.5 mins. so about the same time-wise but certainly easier on the feet and generally more pleasant (especially if going in the hot months) to skyline to epcot.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/walking-distances.htm

On my RECENT stay at POP transportation times were much better than my stay two years ago. Perhaps not as good as pre-lockdown, but getting better.

Mornings and evenings there were plenty of buses to MK and AK. Mid-day there seemed to be fewer buses than in the past. At most I think you may see 5 minutes longer transportation time than a few years ago. And that depends on time of day and during peak seasons. I not noticed a DRAMATIC increase in transportation times.
And I think the use of Slinky Dogs at certain times is still a huge plus.

They seem to be using them just as much as Pre-Covid.

Booked for Nov 2024, ages away, I know 😂. Usually stay at POR but took a gamble on PoP to save some pennies. Will be following this thread avidly, so thank you for all the info
One more thing you don't want to miss checking out at Pop Century is the Lobby Shadow Boxes!

Disney Detail to the MAX!

Reading a Disney guidebook today & it really threw me for a loop re: transportation times … indicated DRAMATIC increases in transportation time due to difficulty rehiring / replacing bus CMs let go at the height of the pandemic. Curious what your RECENT experiences at POP! have been?
Was there last August and will be going back this August. Stayed at POP both times. No issues at all. Rode the buses to MK and Disney Springs, quick, comfortable not overly crowded. I kind of remember taking the bus from Disney Springs to Art of Animation instead because we were on the wrong side of the bus terminal. But that was our fault.

No issues whatsoever.

Just got online and modified our trip in October from a standard room to a preferred room. When I went to select check in info it gave me the option of requesting 50s or 70s section. Are the 60s all preferred pool view or are some just preferred?

Just got online and modified our trip in October from a standard room to a preferred room. When I went to select check in info it gave me the option of requesting 50s or 70s section. Are the 60s all preferred pool view or are some just preferred?
Please see the posts on page 1 as there is a diagram describing where all room types are located at the resort. You may need to call to request a specific decade.

No, but as I recall we couldn't request 60s online either - had to call and make the request. My guess is 60s is the most prime location in terms of transportation/pool/lobby so they probably are trying to sway ppl. from requesting it.

No, but as I recall we couldn't request 60s online either - had to call and make the request. My guess is 60s is the most prime location in terms of transportation/pool/lobby so they probably are trying to sway ppl. from requesting it.

The room location options on online check-in haven't been correct/complete for many years. It's best to just call and have your specific requests added to your reservation and skip that part on online check-in.

Got back a few days ago from another week long stay at Pop. Buses were the best they have been in years. Little to no wait except both days leaving Disney Springs coming back to Pop. Waited 20+ minutes which feels like forever when you wait less than 5 anywhere else. The recovery busses when the skyline was down for weather were quick and efficient. They went to Pop first when combined with AoA.
Food options in the food court were fine and enough options to cover several meals there over a week without repeating.
Once again - only compliant is noise from other rooms. You can hear toilets flushing, doors opening and closing and people walking almost non stop. We use a white noise app at night to drown out all the noise.
We had a wonderful preferred corner room (1212) first room in the 50's building 1 closest to main lobby.

The recovery busses when the skyline was down for weather were quick and efficient.
Where did you catch the recovery busses? Was it pretty much right next to the Skyliner station, or did you have to walk to a resort or to the front of Epcot?

Where did you catch the recovery busses? Was it pretty much right next to the Skyliner station, or did you have to walk to a resort or to the front of Epcot?
There is no location near International Gateway for buses. I believe you catch the recovery buses from Beach Club.

I thought I had read they were bringing buses up backstage via the Avenue of the Stars. Guess not.

I have never heard this.

I would recommend you do a search on the transportation board for recovery buses. If you don’t find the information you’re looking for I would ask the question in that forum.

60s has standard rooms on the back side facing the lake, but it can be difficult to get those rooms. On our recent trip I checked in at the front desk, and the CM pretty much said I could get in any building except 60s. We went with building 6 in 70s and it was great.

One night it closed right as we walked up and they sent us to the Beach Club - a bus was already there loading. It was combo Pop/AoA. Another night it had been raining and the skyliner was closed way ahead of us getting in line. We were directed to the front of Epcot.

I caught recovery buses last week when skylines was down. There are 2 large gates next to skyliner that lead backstage, a sky liner cast member will guide you backstage through these gates to catch the recovery bus.
There will be signs in EPCOT stating the skyliner is temporarily closed. Cast members inside EPCOT will direct you to front of EPCOT. But go up to the castmembers in front of the Skyliner gates, they will direct you to the recovery buses backstage.

Last edited:
I thought I had read they were bringing buses up backstage via the Avenue of the Stars. Guess not.
This is true. Many castmembers in EPCOT that don’t work on skyliner and not informed will send you to front of EPCOT bc they don’t know about the recovery buses. They send 1 bus at a time that shares with all the resorts on skyliner path. So you may have to make a few stops along your path back to your resort.

I caught recovery buses last week when skylines was down. There are 2 large gates next to skyliner that lead backstage, a sky liner cast member will,rad you backstage through these gates to catch the recovery bus.
There will be signs in EPCOT stating the skyliner is temporarily closed. Cast members inside EPCOT will direct you to front of EPCOT. But go up to the castmembers in front of the Skyliner gates, they will direct you to the recovery buses backstage.
This is great, recent information! Thank you so much for sharing!! We’re staying at Pop in August so I know recovery buses will come into play for us too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter