Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

A ground floor room with an ECV is easier but we’ve done numerous trips with my parents when one or both were using ECVs and have had no problems with elevators.
It might be more difficult if one is alone on an ECV and trying to navigate driving into elevator and reaching back to push buttons for floor.

I often have a ground floor room and never had any issues with bugs or critters. I did see more frogs along the lakeside area on one trip but never once a snake anywhere (thankfully!) and no bug issues in any room. I wouldn’t worry about it. Critters can go to any level of the hotel.

Hmmm I was planning on requesting a ground floor since we will have an ECV and thought it would be easier to enter a ground floor room then trying to negotiate an elevator....but would rather not have snake critters joining us...
We stay at Pop (ground floor) for 2 weeks at a time and we are in and out of our room all the time. As much as I see critters outside, we’ve never had one enter the room, so I would definitely consider requesting ground floor with an ECV.

Flying bugs are a different story though. Lol.

officially trying pop for our 2023 january trip! We normally stay at AoA in a little mermaid room but thought we should try pop this trip. a bit cheaper but still easy access on our beloved skyliner... can't wait! ill be checking this board for all the tips!

Are their any downsides to the ground floor in any of the buildings? I figured if I ordered food or something and brought it back to the room, it would be easier to get into my room.

I prefer having a ground floor room. So convenient for moving luggage, going back and forth to the food court, outrunning a thunder storm, etc. etc.

Does anyone know if they are back to doing The Twist or The Hustle? On our past 2 covid trips the songs played, but nothing from cast members.

I would use this map and information: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-pop-century-resort

There are no preferred rooms with a fireworks view. You would need to change to a standard room.

Just a heads up that due to the trees, etc, watching fireworks from outside your room will be greatly hampered from many rooms. e.g. this is the view from a 4th floor looking towards fireworks:

View attachment 674887

If you wish to request a room facing the firework you will want to request Building 4: 4437 - 4460. Possibly some rooms in block 3413 - 3436 may have some viewing also.

We normally walk downstairs and watch them from the walkway near the lake.
Correct as we saw some fireworks from room 3433 in 2019 but it was very limited.

Has anyone stayed at Pop with 4 adults? (2 parents and 2 18 yr olds). We can’t afford two rooms. Looking for tips and tricks to make it work? The bed situation will be fine, no air mattresses etc needed.

Wondering if it would be worth it to spend more for a moderate although their rooms aren’t much bigger?

I wanted to stay on the ground floor as it is easy access to leaving the room. Seeing as me and my bf will not be hanging out in the room much, getting in/out of the room and on our way is more time effective. I am from hot and dry CA, so I would welcome a frog into my room lol. Bugs seem par for the course in humid Florida, I presume (never been there). In January I hope it wont be as humid as Muggy July.

Has anyone stayed at Pop with 4 adults? (2 parents and 2 18 yr olds). We can’t afford two rooms. Looking for tips and tricks to make it work? The bed situation will be fine, no air mattresses etc needed.

Wondering if it would be worth it to spend more for a moderate although their rooms aren’t much bigger?
We stayed there when our kids were 19 and 15. It was fairly cramped with 4 full sized humans but worked out since we don't hang out in our room much. For us the biggest issue is the bed situation. I have a son and a daughter so the girls were in one bed and the boys the other. My husband and son are both 6ft 2inches tall. Neither were loving having to share a bed.

Pop’s storage is excellent! And the ability to put up the bed during the day makes for lots of additional space if you need it. We really don’t find much of a difference space wise between values and moderates.

Pop’s storage is excellent! And the ability to put up the bed during the day makes for lots of additional space if you need it. We really don’t find much of a difference space wise between values and moderates.
Yeah I have stayed in value and moderate and I guess the biggest thing is having the second sink, but I’m not sure it’s worth an extra $700 for an extra sink.

I'm staying at pop in a standard room for $167 a night on 1/22/23-1/28/22, for 2 people. Is this a good price for the room? Currently I couldn't find a better price and this time looks to not be too busy (no sports/cheer comps I could find that week. I am just curious what you all think, I consider you all more experts than I could ever be!

My parents would squeeze five of us in one Pop room back in the day (we're talking 15-20+ years ago). 😬 Getting ready in the mornings was tough with only one bathroom, but a moderate wouldn't help there.

I'm staying at pop in a standard room for $167 a night on 1/22/23-1/28/22, for 2 people. Is this a good price for the room? Currently I couldn't find a better price and this time looks to not be too busy (no sports/cheer comps I could find that week. I am just curious what you all think, I consider you all more experts than I could ever be!

It looks like you're paying rack rate for these dates, which is pretty much all I'd expect at this point. Seems fine to me.

It might be more difficult if one is alone on an ECV and trying to navigate driving into elevator and reaching back to push buttons for floor.
My mom has done this for years and never had a challenge. The elevators are small. The bigger challenge is the door into the room when she is alone.

It's doable and for us it's all about expectations. We don't spend a ton of time in the room so are just happy to be at Disney. If you're a family who likes to hang out in the room it will be cramped at times.

Does anyone know if they are back to doing The Twist or The Hustle? On our past 2 covid trips the songs played, but nothing from cast members.
I also noticed this on our Jan 22 trip... just the music... no dancing cm's... sad.

We have stayed several times. We have 2 daughters and they are low maintenance so the bathroom wasn't ever an issue. The storage is great! We aren't in the room much, so it might be a different situation if you are planning to spend a lot of time in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter