Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We were at Pop all week - just left today. We were in Building 9 near the stairs by Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head on the second floor. It was a really nice location - easy routes to the buses, Everything Pop and the Skyliner. I saw the report of the troubles on Tuesday - we were in the room that night because my daughter felt a bit off. I don’t remember the storms. We got caught in some Wednesday and Friday though. Wednesday we were able to take the Skyliner back to Pop from Epcot because they had blown through by closing time. Last night we had to bus to and from DHS due to lightening for our evening.

That’s terrible that they made you walk back to the Skyliner from the front of the park - I would’ve been ticked!

A lot of justified frustration for sure!!

A couple of things that might help future guests.

1. If directed to buses and they are not running, please know that buses always run between all 4 parks and AoA. It’s a walk across the bridge and honestly, I understand that after a long day every step counts, but a walk from AoA to Pop is shorter than going back to IG (if even allowed to re-enter once Epcot us closed.) Thankfully the Pop and AoA bus stops are traditionally beside one another.

2. Also, before deciding to head to DHS, check their park hours. Walking there may put you no further ahead if the park has been closed more than 90 mins. DHS normally closes earlier than Epcot so a bus from there may not be an option.
Art of Animation always has buses to and from Epcot and DHS even with the Skyliner right there? I didn’t realize that. We did take the bus to AoA last night because the line was way shorter than Pop so we would get a seat.

That drilling wouldn't have made me happy either. One year at Pop we ended up with a room right at the Housekeeping Golf Cart parking/gathering area. Ugh! So noisy really early....like 7:00 a.m. early. Some days we were already awake before the noise began, but not so fun on the days we wanted to sleep in.
We had a room at FQ bt the deliveries and I was woken by a lorry reversing with that beep beep noise every morning at 4.15am. I'm a very light sleeper and wake easily, luckily Mr J doesn't snore or I'd get no sleep.

If the Skyliner is down at Epcot they should provide buses to the Skyliner resorts from Beach Club because it's wrong to expect these guests to walk back into the park and down to the bus stops if the Skyliner goes down at park closing.

Just returned from pop two connecting rooms may 15-may 19, returned early morning back home on 20th early morning flight. 70's bldg. central location.
the skyliner was an issue when therewere not notifications on the mde app that they were down. it wasn't raining yet, nor did it look like rain in the area but due to possible rain coming they shut down the skyliner. it would have helped if they had notifications on mde. they do not. so we walked there at ig epcot to take skyliner but it had just closed and it was super hot and we were tired and cm told us to go to front of epcot to take a bus back. we just couldn't do that physically so we walked to bc and got an uber. it was worth the $8
second time same thing. we were on the skyliner to dhs. skyliner stopped at cbr and rain began. they told us a bus was coming to dhs but we did wait awhile for it to come. at least we were dry and sheltered and bus did indeed come.
if anyone has questions about pop i'm happy to provide.
negative comments: housekeeping woke my adult daughter at 8 a.m. and she said to come back but they still kept knocking ignoring her. they eventually came and placed clean towels on our toilet seat. eww... our sink was clogged. something fell off the door (the lock mechanism). the walls are paper thin and u hear everyone flushing and talking.
otherwise good visit overall. i liked the no carpeted floors. i liked the walkin shower. i wouldn't stay there again but we wanted two rooms and it was cheaper to do that there. we used it to put our heads down. good enuf.

I'm sorry that happened to you and I'd be complaining *very* loudly about everything. They really need to have a better plan in place. If they tell people to walk to the front of the parks for a bus, then they need to provide that bus service for about an hour after the Skyliner starts up again to accommodate guests who had been told to make that trek because the Skyliner is down. It's almost a mile walk and at the end of a long day it's going to take people closer to 30 minutes to get to the front of the park. Either that or they need to go back to have the bus stop at Beach Club.

I'm so afraid of this happening on our extended family vacation this summer (most of us are staying at AoA/Pop). While it's not that big of a deal for adults to try and find a different way back to the hotel, it will definitely be a PITB for the family with an infant and a preschooler in a double stroller. I wonder if it makes more sense when the EP Skyliner is down and people are directed to the front of the park to the buses to just boat or walk to DHS (the walking distance is almost the same as going to the bus stops at EP) where the Skyliner station and bus stops are next to each other so it will be easier to use whichever transportation option is available when you get there. Or walk to Beach Club and take a bus to DS and back to the hotel from there. Either one involves a lot of time and walking, but at least we'd be making forward progress and not going back and forth. The more I think about it, I'm thinking that if the Skyliner is down at the end of the night and they don't have a bus at Beach Club, we're taking a cab. :D
I sent in a note about the 3 issues and got a reply with a sorry that happened but we hope to welcome you back soon. I included a nice note about the one CM that was pleasant during the event and they touched on that the most. Basically a sorry but hopefully you want to spend more money here soon regardless.

Does the skyline shut down if its only rain, no lightening?
I noticed something. i put notifications on my phone for WESH weather alerts. the second wesh sent out a notification of 'weather' in the area (even if it wasn't raining yet), the skyliner would shut. I was wondering if they follow wesh too and any notification they just shut down.

I stayed at Pop a couple weeks ago. When leaving Epcot the Skyliner was closed. The cast member said I had to go to the front to get a bus but the closed sign said to go to Beach Club so that is what I did. I had to wait a bit for a bus but it did come. I think it loops through all of the Skyliner resorts so it could be a very long ride but Pop was the first stop after Beach Club. There was a cast member at the BC bus stop asking everyone where they were headed and directing them where to wait and what bus to get on. The bus was labeled Skyliner.

I noticed something. i put notifications on my phone for WESH weather alerts. the second wesh sent out a notification of 'weather' in the area (even if it wasn't raining yet), the skyliner would shut. I was wondering if they follow wesh too and any notification they just shut down.
I think all the Orlando tv stations get their notifications from the National Weather Service out of Melbourne, Florida, so Disney could be using one of the tv apps or be using the NWS directly.

I am sorry to hear guests were getting the runaround regarding the Skyliner. It got to the point last summer that I would just plan on using the AoA bus to go back regardless of whether the Skyliner was running or not (I would do WS first, then FW, then leave). I am sure they don’t want a lot of Pop guests using the AoA bus on a regular basis, but when they don’t give us any better options, we do what we have to do. I am glad to hear that BC has been an option recently, but it’s a shame they aren’t letting the Pop guests know. I mean, MDE knows where you are staying and what park you are in (for the most part) so it should be a no-brainer to provide the info in the app. They could even put it under transportation where you can see bus times leaving the resort.

I think all the Orlando tv stations get their notifications from the National Weather Service out of Melbourne, Florida, so Disney could be using one of the tv apps or be using the NWS directly.

I am sorry to hear guests were getting the runaround regarding the Skyliner. It got to the point last summer that I would just plan on using the AoA bus to go back regardless of whether the Skyliner was running or not (I would do WS first, then FW, then leave). I am sure they don’t want a lot of Pop guests using the AoA bus on a regular basis, but when they don’t give us any better options, we do what we have to do. I am glad to hear that BC has been an option recently, but it’s a shame they aren’t letting the Pop guests know. I mean, MDE knows where you are staying and what park you are in (for the most part) so it should be a no-brainer to provide the info in the app. They could even put it under transportation where you can see bus times leaving the resort.
It is never a problem for Pop guests to take an AoA bus. They supply buses based on demand so the more people waiting, the more buses they send. All guests (onsite and offsite) are welcome to use Disney transportation to take them where they want to go in property.

It is never a problem for Pop guests to take an AoA bus. They supply buses based on demand so the more people waiting, the more buses they send. All guests (onsite and offsite) are welcome to use Disney transportation to take them where they want to go in property.

I agree that it’s not a problem, per se. I didn’t mean to imply that guests were wrong for using an AoA bus instead of a Pop bus.

The point I was trying to make is, I don’t think that was Disney’s plan for when the Skyliner goes down. Considering that Disney is going to the extra labor and fuel expense of providing Skyliner buses, I am sure Disney would prefer we Pop guests use them instead of causing longer lines/waits and added fuel/labor expense for more buses on the AoA route, not even considering the possibility of increasing guest complaints as well from AoA guests for their inconvenience (above and beyond the complaints from the Skyliner guests). Disney has no one to blame but themselves for the confusion, but they don’t appear to care about resolving it either.

Until Disney gets their act together and tells us in advance where to get on those Skyliner buses, I will be one of the guests using the AoA bus if there is even a hint that the Skyliner won’t be running. At least I know where that bus will pick me up when I am too tired to cross the park twice. I would be happy to use a Skyliner bus if I had the information to plan appropriately and not backtrack.

Hi, staying there in September for the first time and I use a mobility chair. I’ve requested a wheelchair room, but I was wondering if there are elevators if we don’t end up on the ground floor. I’ve had that happen before at CBR and they don’t have elevators. It was a horrible couple of hours until they were able to locate another room for us.

Hi, staying there in September for the first time and I use a mobility chair. I’ve requested a wheelchair room, but I was wondering if there are elevators if we don’t end up on the ground floor. I’ve had that happen before at CBR and they don’t have elevators. It was a horrible couple of hours until they were able to locate another room for us.
Yes, all buildings at Pop Century have elevators located at the centre of each building. If you look at the pictures on page 1, the elevators are located at the centre of the 'T' in each building.

We just had great week at Pop. Skyliner is a game changer. The line if there is one moves very quick. Lifeguards were the standout. I was very impressed by how professional they were. Every one of them were taking their job very seriously. It was nice to see.

Only downsides were the usual. Flushing toilet sounds, thin walls, hearing every rolling suitcase for anyone coming or going in the end of our building.

We'll be back someday!

We spent 2 weeks at Pop this month and surprised about the skyliner issues.

It was down a few times, 3 times we walked from IG to beach club and there was a transportation CM there asking where we were headed and a bus came within minutes.

On the way to and from Hollywood Studios there was a bus waiting.

We even rope dropped HS and Epcot a couple of times with no wait to get on the skyliner and maybe 1 minute wait at The CBR hub!

Honestly, it is the whole weather and the Skyliner saga that has me keeping my reservation at Music in a Preferred room rather than changing to Pop or AoA for my late August trip. Sure, there may be timing issues with All Star busses (or any busses TBH), but at least they WILL come to the area they are supposed to and there is no question as to where to go.

And just adding to my last post - it's a shame that the issues with the Skyliner make me not want to stay at Pop (or AoA) when I'm there in a time when afternoon/evening storms are possible/probable because I'd rather stay at one of them than All Stars, but given the choice of "Where the h--- do I go to get home?" or a known bus stop at the end of the night, I'll take the known bus stop.

Guests are welcome to stay at many excellent Disney resorts!

Please keep this thread on topic of Pop Century. Posts about why guests choose A over B are welcome in the general resorts forum but this thread is intended to assist guests with planning their trip that includes a stay at Pop Century.

Thanks.

Saw an article that they made some minor menu changes at Pop. Had to check to make sure my daughter’s beloved tie dye cheesecake was still on the menu or she would prob want to move resorts lol. (She was so little when they had the original tie dye cheesecake that she doesn’t remember how great that was. She loves the current version).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter