Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi Pop Fans! This is a ridiculously minor detail type of question, but I figured if anyone would know the answer, it would be someone here! Does anyone know if any of the open shelving/cube-ish type areas of storage in the room are the large enough to hold those typical 11"x 11" fabric bins that people use in the cube style storage furniture that's sold everywhere now?

I can tell that the center bed stand, for instance, is definitely too narrow, but the two others seem like perhaps they might hold one. Or might any of the open shelving under the bathroom sink/counter or the 2 open shelves under the hanging area of the closet be large enough to hold one?

Thanks to anyone who actually might have a clue what I'm talking about, LOL!

Have stayed at POP three times (most recent 5 years ago), and still has a special place in our family's hearts. Looking to reserve POP again in 2022, but my kids are no longer the age or size they were in previous years. At time of trip my daughter will be 16 and son 15. Does anyone have experience with room options when daughter and son no longer can share a bed? Here are options based on what I know:

Option 1: one (1) room two queen beds and twin blow up mattress (placed in front of entry door). Pros: one room reservation; Cons: Tight fit...is this really doable for 7 days?
Option 2: two (2) rooms - connecting preferred. Pros: Everyone gets a bed and kids and parents have privacy/independence; Cons: two room reservations; double the cost
Option 3: Is there another option???
My kids are teens. My son and husband share a bed and I share a bed with my daughter. We’ve been doing it this way since the kids were little. It works for us. :)

We take a couple of fabric bins and they fit in the bathroom cubbies quite well. They were 11x11 and fit perfectly

Thanks so much!

I searched the daylights out of the old "Pop Century Room Renovations" thread and found so many people asking for cubbie measurements, but only one post providing any. (page # 87, post #1721: no actual measurements were given, but they took photos with US dollar bills laid out to give an approx. depth of 3 of the larger cubbies in the bathroom. :) https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/page-87 )

But even that post just showed the depth of a few of the bathroom cubbie. I figured I could guestimate the other dimensions of those particular cubbies, but it's great to hear someone say that they definitely were able to use the 11" x 11" bins in there. :) Thanks again!

Thanks so much!

I searched the daylights out of the old "Pop Century Room Renovations" thread and found so many people asking for cubbie measurements, but only one post providing any. (page # 87, post #1721: no actual measurements were given, but they took photos with US dollar bills laid out to give an approx. depth of 3 of the larger cubbies in the bathroom. :) https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/page-87 )

But even that post just showed the depth of a few of the bathroom cubbie. I figured I could guestimate the other dimensions of those particular cubbies, but it's great to hear someone say that they definitely were able to use the 11" x 11" bins in there. :) Thanks again!

Thank you so much for posting the link to the old photos. First, they made me laugh; Second, the dollar bill measurements gave me the info I needed. I always bring fabric bins in a variety of sizes and find them so useful to keep things organized. So Thank you @DisLiss!

Have stayed at POP three times (most recent 5 years ago), and still has a special place in our family's hearts. Looking to reserve POP again in 2022, but my kids are no longer the age or size they were in previous years. At time of trip my daughter will be 16 and son 15. Does anyone have experience with room options when daughter and son no longer can share a bed? Here are options based on what I know:

Option 1: one (1) room two queen beds and twin blow up mattress (placed in front of entry door). Pros: one room reservation; Cons: Tight fit...is this really doable for 7 days?
Option 2: two (2) rooms - connecting preferred. Pros: Everyone gets a bed and kids and parents have privacy/independence; Cons: two room reservations; double the cost

My kids are teens. My son and husband share a bed and I share a bed with my daughter. We’ve been doing it this way since the kids were little. It works for us. :)

Same here are Disneylover99. When they were littler the kids would swap what parent they wanted to sleep with, but now that they are teens we sleep me and my daughter and my husband with our son.

I should add that we used the 11x11 bins in the lower cubbies in the bathroom. The cubbies where the little cupboard doors are are much smaller. We only took 3 of the fabric bins I think. I can’t exactly remember how many cubbies there are in there. I know we had 2 under the sink in cubbies and I think a third one on the main counter under the cupboard with the doors

Keep in mind that connecting rooms aren’t guaranteed.

Thanks so much!

We are still hoping to go to Disney next month and I'm happy to take any measurements people wish and update post 1 with them. Just let me know.

Oh no! Is travel between Canada and US not allowed yet?
It is....kinda...but still a lot of hoops to jump through. Canada announced their plans for re-opening yesterday. This is what I understand:

Canadians are welcoming US visitors starting Aug 9th if they are fully vaccinated and can produce a negative Covid test.

People entering Canada (including Canadians returning home) may be chosen for spot-check Covid testing.

2 biggest challenges for us, aside from that right now are:

1. Finding a place near Disney to get a Covid test within 72 hours of crossing the border coming home. Getting results back in time. Cost of tests plus hiring transportation to/from Pop and testing location.

2. Unless things change on our end, my daughter would not be allowed to go to school (even with a negative test) for 14 days after we return from the US. A week of that would be summer vacation but the second week would be the first week of school and we purposely chose summer travel so that she wouldn't have to miss school. The 'no going to school for 14 days after returning to Canada' may change, but, will the change be announced before our paid-in-full date?

Still lots of unknowns. Not giving up but also not counting on this trip not being delayed either.

1. Finding a place near Disney to get a Covid test within 72 hours of crossing the border coming home. Getting results back in time. Cost of tests plus hiring transportation to/from Pop and testing location.
I don't know if you are flying, but AdventHealth has a testing site at MCO running from 7:30am-5pm every day for appointments or walkups. $65 for the rapid antigen test and results in 15min. There may be other cheaper options out there but this might work if flying.

I don't know if you are flying, but AdventHealth has a testing site at MCO running from 7:30am-5pm every day for appointments or walkups. $65 for the rapid antigen test and results in 15min. There may be other cheaper options out there but this might work if flying.
Thanks so much! MCO is the first place I looked but it seems people are having problems with the testing there. Also, our flight is at 8:50 AM so it would be too tight. Thank you for the suggestion though! Also, I'm not sure which test is needed to gain access to Canada. Looking into that also. $65 and 15 mins is great if I could count on it but others are reporting that may not be the case.

I am park of a group on the Canadian DISboards forum where people are tracking what they've found.

Thanks so much for your suggestion though @honeymo78!

Our first stay at Pop since the Skyliner was built is coming up and I have a few questions. Are there any rooms that have a Skyliner view? I was thinking maybe 4th floor from buildings 3/4 or 5/6? Also, if there is still a long line for the Skyliner around park openings, which way do they wrap the line? Does it go out the middle past the pool areas, or along the lake in front of buildings 4 or 5? Trying to figure out where we want to request rooms. Thanks!

Thanks so much! MCO is the first place I looked but it seems people are having problems with the testing there. Also, our flight is at 8:50 AM so it would be too tight. Thank you for the suggestion though! Also, I'm not sure which test is needed to gain access to Canada. Looking into that also. $65 and 15 mins is great if I could count on it but others are reporting that may not be the case.

I am park of a group on the Canadian DISboards forum where people are tracking what they've found.

Thanks so much for your suggestion though @honeymo78!
Rapid antigen is not acceptable to come back to Canada

Are there any rooms that have a Skyliner view? I was thinking maybe 4th floor from buildings 3/4 or 5/6?

I haven't been there since the Skyliner, either, but I imagine any upper room with a good view of the lake should also have a view of the Skyliner. I don't think the photos at touringplans have been updates so that you could see if the Skyliner was visible, but you should be able to check the view for certain rooms to see how well they see the lake. :)

Our first stay at Pop since the Skyliner was built is coming up and I have a few questions. Are there any rooms that have a Skyliner view? I was thinking maybe 4th floor from buildings 3/4 or 5/6? Also, if there is still a long line for the Skyliner around park openings, which way do they wrap the line? Does it go out the middle past the pool areas, or along the lake in front of buildings 4 or 5? Trying to figure out where we want to request rooms. Thanks!
Back in April, the line wrapped around the lake past the 60's and towards the 50's. We were in room 3331 and I thought it was a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter