Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I haven't been there since the Skyliner, either, but I imagine any upper room with a good view of the lake should also have a view of the Skyliner. I don't think the photos at touringplans have been updates so that you could see if the Skyliner was visible, but you should be able to check the view for certain rooms to see how well they see the lake. :)
We stayed in Building 3 (backside non preferred) in 2019 and were able to watch Skyliner testing out over the lake. Finally get to ride it this December.

We are doing a split stay with USO and given their resort rates are so much more affordable I figured Pop would be perfect for 1 Epcot day (skyliner) and the possibility of xmas event. (we have stayed POP in past but want to move to moderate our next full dis trip) I am shocked that there are no rooms open in Nov - whether I try 3 nights, 5 night, individual nights. I ended up booking POFQ but still hoping to move and save a few bucks (although Pop rates may be so close to POFQ it may not matter) as well as be near skyliner. Anyone else recently book any Nov dates?

We are doing a split stay with USO and given their resort rates are so much more affordable I figured Pop would be perfect for 1 Epcot day (skyliner) and the possibility of xmas event. (we have stayed POP in past but want to move to moderate our next full dis trip) I am shocked that there are no rooms open in Nov - whether I try 3 nights, 5 night, individual nights. I ended up booking POFQ but still hoping to move and save a few bucks (although Pop rates may be so close to POFQ it may not matter) as well as be near skyliner. Anyone else recently book any Nov dates?
Pop is extremely popular right now and selling out a long time in advance. With the continued US border closure announced yesterday it looks like we're going to have to move our August trip. I was looking as far out as February 2022 and finding it challenging to find availability at Pop for some of the dates we want.

With the addition of the Skyliner, more guests than ever are choosing Pop and while it's almost 3000 rooms, they are all full much of the time.

Pop is extremely popular right now and selling out a long time in advance. With the continued US border closure announced yesterday it looks like we're going to have to move our August trip. I was looking as far out as February 2022 and finding it challenging to find availability at Pop for some of the dates we want.

With the addition of the Skyliner, more guests than ever are choosing Pop and while it's almost 3000 rooms, they are all full much of the time.

I am sorry you have to move your August trip. You are very correct, Pop is extremely popular right now. Good luck and don't give up!

The Skyliner is for sure a game changer. We have stayed Pop our last 6-8 trips (most before Skyliner) because of availability and price. I was surprised that POFQ stayed available since that usually sells out before most resorts. I also wonder how many bookings for Oct-Dec are also from int'l guests with hopes travel starts back up - with the 50th itll be booked regardless I am sure.

Sorry you have to move the trip, itll just have to be that much more magical when you finally get back!

Pop is extremely popular right now until the rest of the year. We are coming down 9/29/21 for the 50th and
paying +$300.00 per night for POP standard room. Post cruise 11/6/21 we are paying $195+ standard room.
This hurts my budget...

We are staying at POP 8/18/21 to 8/23/21. I have some questions:

>I don't have a mobile phone. Is there ANY way I can get food at the Food Court? Can I order in person at AoA?
>Does the store at POP sell half-n-half for my coffee? What about at AoA?
>The coffee pot takes flat coffee pods; is this the type where the pod is packed in a slide-in drawer and wrapped together, or are the pods placed into the drawer/basket of the pot? Also, is this a single-serve coffee maker or does it make a 4 cup or larger pot of coffee?
>Just to be clear: Unless there is inclement weather, there is NO BUS to DHS, correct? We have to use the Skyliner?

Thanks for your help, everyone, and great thread!

1. I don't have a mobile phone. Is there ANY way I can get food at the Food Court? Can I order in person at AoA?
2. Does the store at POP sell half-n-half for my coffee? What about at AoA?
3. The coffee pot takes flat coffee pods; is this the type where the pod is packed in a slide-in drawer and wrapped together, or are the pods placed into the drawer/basket of the pot? Also, is this a single-serve coffee maker or does it make a 4 cup or larger pot of coffee?
4. Just to be clear: Unless there is inclement weather, there is NO BUS to DHS, correct? We have to use the Skyliner?

Thanks for your help, everyone, and great thread!
1. You may ask to order in person at Pop. Just let them know you don't have a phone or the MyDisneyExperience app. Same at AoA
2. Not sure - hopefully someone else can help with this one.
3. You can make 2 cups of coffee at the same time. They will each brew into their own cup. There is no pot with this coffee maker.
4. Buses run from AoA to Epcot and DHS. It's about a 5-7 min walk from Pop buses to AoA buses.

Hope this helps.

1. You may ask to order in person at Pop. Just let them know you don't have a phone or the MyDisneyExperience app. Same at AoA
2. Not sure - hopefully someone else can help with this one.
3. You can make 2 cups of coffee at the same time. They will each brew into their own cup. There is no pot with this coffee maker.
4. Buses run from AoA to Epcot and DHS. It's about a 5-7 min walk from Pop buses to AoA buses.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! It's absolutely the information I needed! I hope that things settle down with covid, testing, etc. and you guys get your vacation in without hassle. Have you considered a Disney Springs hotel, if you can't get POP? Not the same, but we stayed at Hilton Buena Vista (NOT the Palace) and found the price reasonable, the bus transportation reliable, and in 8 mins. we could walk from our room to Earl of Sandwich. You could Uber from MCO if not renting a car. I know... new normal isn't very normal, is it?

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! It's absolutely the information I needed! I hope that things settle down with covid, testing, etc. and you guys get your vacation in without hassle. Have you considered a Disney Springs hotel, if you can't get POP? Not the same, but we stayed at Hilton Buena Vista (NOT the Palace) and found the price reasonable, the bus transportation reliable, and in 8 mins. we could walk from our room to Earl of Sandwich. You could Uber from MCO if not renting a car. I know... new normal isn't very normal, is it?
We've stayed at Pop many times and had it all booked for next month but I moved it into 2022 today.

Just too many challenges for us with the US border still being closed to Canadians. We could fly out of a Canadian airport but it's a lot of additional money I hadn't planned on. Add to that the challenge of finding a place to be tested, getting there from Pop, rising cases in FL and crowded parks and it just seemed it was best to delay. We're sad as this is the second time we've had to delay this trip but we're thankful for all we have and now have a new countdown date to plan for and look forward to!

Ord

>I don't have a mobile phone. Is there ANY way I can get food at the Food Court? Can I order in person at AoA?
Ordering at Everything Pop Dining has basically returned to Pre Covid status.

They are no longer "making it seem" like you HAVE to Mobile Order.

There are usually at least 2 Registers open and we have seen as many as 4 of the 5 Registers open.

You can just walk up to a Register and order just like Pre Covid.

You will be given a Pager and will pick up your food at the same tables where Mobile Orders are picked up.

It is "thought" that the reopening of the Food Stations and removal of the "pickup tables" is going to happen sooner rather than later-time will tell.

Does anyone know if you can get ice cream in the food court? It's been a few years since we've stayed there but I think I remember getting soft serve ice cream and possibly shakes.

Does anyone know if you can get ice cream in the food court? It's been a few years since we've stayed there but I think I remember getting soft serve ice cream and possibly shakes.
There is an ice cream station but it hasn’t reopened yet is my understanding.

sorry you are going to have to move your trip.

kind of feel your pain, my retirement trip scheduled for April 2020 was changed to October 2020, then to April 2021 and now fingers crossed we will celebrate 2 years late in April 2022!
including rebooking to apply discounts my poor TA has redone the reservations (2 rooms) like 6-7 times; hoping she will need to do it again for next April.

sorry you are going to have to move your trip.

kind of feel your pain, my retirement trip scheduled for April 2020 was changed to October 2020, then to April 2021 and now fingers crossed we will celebrate 2 years late in April 2022!
including rebooking to apply discounts my poor TA has redone the reservations (2 rooms) like 6-7 times; hoping she will need to do it again for next April.
Thanks! And oh, I feel your pain. My deposit for this trip was paid in Sept 2019 and it will now be at least 2 1/2 years before we take the trip we booked way back then. We normally visit Disney 2/3 times a year so going 2 1/2 years between trips is rough as you can relate to!

Thanks! I’m hoping Everything Pop fully reopens soon.
EVERYTHING we are hearing points to a removal of the Pickup tables and and the SOON reopening of the Food Stations and Grab n' Go(LOTS of Red Ribbons in Everything Pop Dining)but everything at WDW now is "fluid".Time will tell.

(We have been taking the short walk to AoA and shopping at their Grab n' Go.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter