Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our experience with the skyliner over Thanksgiving week -

We were super apprehensive - me of heights and being "stuck" up there; DH of limited spaces with lots of strangers. We decided to give it a try on our first night just to see if it was an option for the rest of our stay. Although I can not say that I love it, I did ride it MANY MANY more times during the week and even told DH on the way home that it was a game changer in how we toured. To be able to get home from Epcot or HS in less than 20 minutes with no wait for a bus was awesome. It definitely made it easier for those parks to just pop in for a few rides and then leave.

Skyliner will probably be running early. It’s the better choice.

Be careful with depending on it for early or late arrivals though. We were surprised to find that it didn't always open as early as the park did and on at least one evening, DH and DS were "stranded" at HS because they decided to get in one more ride. We were exhausted and headed back for the night but they stayed until closing walking out at about 10:02 p.m. (Park closed at 10 p.m.) The skyliner at HS had stopped at 10 p.m. that night so they were sent to the bus. DH was not happy about it because it took them almost an hour to get back.

Does anyone know what time the buses are running for DHS? I know the schedule says it opens @ 8 but they have been opening the park around 6:30 or earlier. We'll be @ Pop starting 12/14.

Does anyone know what time the buses are running for DHS? I know the schedule says it opens @ 8 but they have been opening the park around 6:30 or earlier. We'll be @ Pop starting 12/14.
Generally buses start running 60-90 minutes before park opening. I wouldn't rely on the bus to get to DHS in time for the early opening, I would definitely user Uber or Lyft (or drive) if that's an option.

What time can you get into the food court area in the mornings for drinks, access to microwave and toasters, etc? Planning to go to HS early next week but we will bring some breakfast items that will need heating. Thanks!

Not until Everything Pop opens for the day which I think currently is 6:00 AM.

(One advantage the All-Stars have over POP and AoA is the All-Stars have 24/7 access to their Beverage Islands/Microwaves/Toasters.)

They just changed park hours again. Check your dates.

I did get my Touring Plans alert to the change right after I posted this.

Generally buses start running 60-90 minutes before park opening. I wouldn't rely on the bus to get to DHS in time for the early opening, I would definitely user Uber or Lyft (or drive) if that's an option.

We're still debating what we're going to do to get there.

We are one month away!!!!! So ready for some magic and time with my college girl in our happy place!!

I just bought our plane tickets for April/May, so now it's for sure that we're coming to WDW! Now, I just wish we knew for sure what the plans are for the Hippy Dippy refurb. We're currently planning to stay at AOA, but I do love the new rooms at Pop and it would obviously be cheaper. The kids loved the HD pool this past May (played a TON with the water squirting out of the flowers) and I wonder if this is just a paint/clean up job or if it'll be more of a complete renovation. Based on the length (3-ish months?), it would seem like it'll be more involved. Curious minds want to know!

I just bought our plane tickets for April/May, so now it's for sure that we're coming to WDW! Now, I just wish we knew for sure what the plans are for the Hippy Dippy refurb. We're currently planning to stay at AOA, but I do love the new rooms at Pop and it would obviously be cheaper. The kids loved the HD pool this past May (played a TON with the water squirting out of the flowers) and I wonder if this is just a paint/clean up job or if it'll be more of a complete renovation. Based on the length (3-ish months?), it would seem like it'll be more involved. Curious minds want to know!
I’m thinking that if they were going to be making any major changes we would have seen something online by now. I haven’t noticed anything. I’m sure it’s just the usual maintenance.

I’m thinking that if they were going to be making any major changes we would have seen something online by now. I haven’t noticed anything. I’m sure it’s just the usual maintenance.

I'll be there during the refurb and would just like to know where the entertainment, music, tie dye T-shirts, etc will be. I'm assuming one of the quiet pools?

This closure was announced over a year ago so I anticipate that is will be bigger than a normal maintenance. Not saying we'll see any changes to the pool (although we might) but since it was announced so long ago it's anticipated to be a longer, more in-depth refurbishment will be taking place.

I'll be there during the refurb and would just like to know where the entertainment, music, tie dye T-shirts, etc will be. I'm assuming one of the quiet pools?
Most likely although Activities Cast we talked to also said they could do Activities in the area between Classic Hall and Hippy Dippy.

They also said the Nightly Movies would probably be in the "grass area" between Classic Hall and Building 5 where they have shown the Movies in the past.

Time will tell. :)

I would but ALL the values are like that and that’s the only resort category we can afford.
I guess the only other option then is to stay off site. I plan on trying to stay off site one time to see if I still feel like I'm part of the Magic. Not sure. I don't mind the theme and I do think it's primarily for the kids. I mean...is it that much of a problem for you?

Our experience with the skyliner over Thanksgiving week -

We were super apprehensive - me of heights and being "stuck" up there; DH of limited spaces with lots of strangers. We decided to give it a try on our first night just to see if it was an option for the rest of our stay. Although I can not say that I love it, I did ride it MANY MANY more times during the week and even told DH on the way home that it was a game changer in how we toured. To be able to get home from Epcot or HS in less than 20 minutes with no wait for a bus was awesome. It definitely made it easier for those parks to just pop in for a few rides and then leave.

Be careful with depending on it for early or late arrivals though. We were surprised to find that it didn't always open as early as the park did and on at least one evening, DH and DS were "stranded" at HS because they decided to get in one more ride. We were exhausted and headed back for the night but they stayed until closing walking out at about 10:02 p.m. (Park closed at 10 p.m.) The skyliner at HS had stopped at 10 p.m. that night so they were sent to the bus. DH was not happy about it because it took them almost an hour to get back.
Yeah, I was afraid of this. I don't understand why it wouldn't run the same as the buses, one hour after park closings.

(One advantage the All-Stars have over POP and AoA is the All-Stars have 24/7 access to their Beverage Islands/Microwaves/Toasters.)
That's a really nice perk! I had no idea.

As much as it will be a nightmare while it's happening, I really hope they do a complete refurbishment of Pop's food court (and menu!) and hopefully something like a 24/7 access to Beverage Islands and other stuff will happen there too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter