Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is still ongoing, yes - $10 per night, minus one night (so if you're staying for six nights, you'll get a $50 card).
I took advantage of this when I was there last in late November/early December, as it was just my husband and I, and we don't spend much time in the rooms - we didn't even need to call for trash removal or new towels even though we were there for five nights. When I return with a full room of four people this coming fall, I don't think we'll go for it. I just feel like a full room needs the daily bed turndowns, towel refresh, trash taken out, etc, even if you're not in the rooms so much. But, your mileage may vary.

Thank-You!

Ok to piggyback on the noise question how are the preferred rooms in regards to noise? Are they a close walk to the food court and bus stops? We have only stayed in Port Orleans Royal Rooms and Contemporary Garden Rooms. While we enjoyed both places my biggest complaint was the walk to the dining area and bus stops.
The preferred rooms are generally closer to the food court and bus stop. I do find them a bit louder then the standard rooms. They are more on the main path, so more foot traffic. I know the 60's preferred rooms face the maid carts. It can be loud in this section, first thing in the morning if you like to sleep in.

I am so mad!

Sorry, I shouldn't be mad over this, but I can't get the "sun and fun" deal in September from 16th to 19th! Seriously, we are in JANUARY, and I can't get the discount for September! In fact, for a moment last night I couldn't even get the regular price room for my dates!

I've been busy the last couple of weeks and did not expect Disney to post their discounts for September now. That normally wouldn't have mattered, but this year is different, and I think it's because of the Skyliner! Now that it is announced that they are opening in fall, every Tom and Jerry out there is booking my hotel in September, crowding me out!

Am I right? Is everybody flooding to Pop Century in September to get the first taste of the Skyliner?
I hope the Skyliner opens sooner, like in June. That way people will move their reservations there and give me my discount back. I've always gotten discounted room only deals in September!

I can't book a different value hotel because I love Pop Century. Can't live without it. I wouldn't exchange it for the Grand Floridian for FREE, if Disney were to offer it to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Grand Floridian, it's just that I have special feelings for Pop.

I was able to book Sept 15-21 tonight. Maybe try again.

All three nights are available individually, though not the same room category. The 16th is available as a standard pool view room, the 17th has standard and preferred pool view, and the 18th has preferred pool view. When I looked, however, neither two nights (the 16th and 17th standard pool view nor the 17th and 18th preferred pool view) are available to book together. I would call to book those nights together. They are available as individual nights, same room category and under the discount, and the CM who takes your call should be able to get guest services to put the two nights together as one reservation.

Then, step two, I would book the third night with the different category and check daily for any availability that might have opened up in the category for my other two nights. If I got lucky and found a room, I would call and ask them to note that I have a continuing reservation and would like to keep my same room. If you get even luckier, they might add the third night on to your other two nights; I’ve had less success adding a night on like that than I have getting guest services to book two individual nights together as I would advise doing in step one.

Or you could do nothing now and just check daily and see if any availability opens up for all three nights. People cancel and change reservations all the time, so it’s possible something will open up.

Pop has been running at close to/at capacity since the renovated rooms began to open. It has a lot to offer and the word is out, especially for a value resort. I’m sorry you missed the offer but it’s unfair to be mad that others got it. Keep trying as @ColoradoMom12 suggested but if you really want to go to Disney you may need to open yourself up to other resorts as opposed to hoping people will cancel. I don’t really think the reservations have as much to do with the gondolas as you’re possibly thinking. I’ve found many dates to be full for over a year now, long before the gondolas were ever planned to be open.

If it were me, disappointed? Yes! Mad? No.

Thanks for the help! I was able to get what I wanted today! Yes!!!

By the way, I wasn't mad that others got it, I was mad that I missed it! I have never missed a Disney deal before, and I've been going for 8 years now. I had no idea that they would post the deal in January, they usually do this much later, like in April.

I do think that the gondolas are a big reason for Pop being so full in September because when I check spring break time periods in March and April this year, I have no trouble finding rooms. Imagine being able to get rooms during Spring Break but not September! The Skyliner is advertised to open in "fall". I think people believe fall means September, and a bunch of locals probably booked Pop so that they can be there first thing.

I personally believe that "fall" really means October 1st. In fact, my husband and I have a bet on this. He says September, I say October. We'll see who's right.

Last edited:
I have a question about the noise level at Pop. We normally stay at a moderate(Coronado or Port Orleans). Would you say Pop is much louder? I am wondering about the pools and noise level around the rooms. Thanks in advance for any input!!
We've stayed at Caribbean Beach pirate rooms, and they aren't loud at all, almost no sound, probably similar to Port Orleans. (I've also stayed there and Coronado, but that was too long ago for me to remember). Pop, on the other hand, do start hearing faint jabber and foot noise in the morning, around 7 or so. It's a faint background noise, not enough to wake anybody up in my family. Compare that to the noise we had at the Grand Floridian Club level, we were facing the pool, and the noise was louder though not bad until we opened the door to the balcony, and then it was really bad. You can hear every kid scream very clearly. So, pool view is a good source for noise. And the preferred pool view on the ground floor at Pop is mostly where people walk (I know I walk there a lot), so those has got to be the noisiest rooms.

Are the pools heated? Worried cause I hear next week it's gonna be chilly but I don't want to not have the chance to at least enjoy the pools.
Would I be smart in asking for the 70's if I want less noise but still close proximity to Hippy Dippy Pool? Does anyone know the building number for the 70's that faces the lake? Or is it better to just ask for the side of the 60s that doesn't face the pool for less noise? Are they still giving $10/night to opt out of housekeeping? Has anyone posted or can link me photos of the Resort specific merchandise? Sorry if it's a lot of questions, first timer. Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if you're still interested in pictures of merchandise but this new pic came up here yesterday. Thought you might like to see it.

(pic from Disney Tourist Blog)
pop-century-merchandise-resort-disney-world-136.jpg

I'm not sure if you're still interested in pictures of merchandise but this new pic came up here yesterday. Thought you might like to see it.

(pic from Disney Tourist Blog)
pop-century-merchandise-resort-disney-world-136.jpg
Ooo... I like the mug! I've been to Disney twice and wanted to get a coffee mug both times but never found one I liked. Hope it's still there in May!

Ok to piggyback on the noise question how are the preferred rooms in regards to noise? Are they a close walk to the food court and bus stops? We have only stayed in Port Orleans Royal Rooms and Contemporary Garden Rooms. While we enjoyed both places my biggest complaint was the walk to the dining area and bus stops.
I can’t answer with regard to noise. I would expect maybe a little more traffic walking past as they are closest to the main building and buses. The reason they’re preferred is for that closeness, so that should answer your second question :)

Pop has been running at close to/at capacity since the renovated rooms began to open. It has a lot to offer and the word is out, especially for a value resort. I’m sorry you missed the offer but it’s unfair to be mad that others got it. Keep trying as @ColoradoMom12 suggested but if you really want to go to Disney you may need to open yourself up to other resorts as opposed to hoping people will cancel. I don’t really think the reservations have as much to do with the gondolas as you’re possibly thinking. I’ve found many dates to be full for over a year now, long before the gondolas were ever planned to be open.

If it were me, disappointed? Yes! Mad? No.

If you're using the Disney website, try calling instead. We had our dates to book Pop and I couldn't get them online; it would be off by one day at the start or end of our timeframe. I called and was able to book it through a representative. Sometimes when people are holding items in their carts they won't show up online.

Thanks for the help! I was able to get what I wanted today! Yes!!!

By the way, I wasn't mad that others got it, I was mad that I missed it! I have never missed a Disney deal before, and I've been going for 8 years now. I had no idea that they would post the deal in January, they usually do this much later, like in April.

I do think that the gondolas are a big reason for Pop being so full in September because when I check spring break time periods in March and April this year, I have no trouble finding rooms. Imagine being able to get rooms during Spring Break but not September! The Skyliner is advertised to open in "fall". I think people believe fall means September, and a bunch of locals probably booked Pop so that they can be there first thing.

I personally believe that "fall" really means October 1st. In fact, my husband and I have a bet on this. He says September, I say October. We'll see who's right.
Although we tend to think of fall as Sept/Oct, it’s officually 23 Sept to 21Dec. I honestly think with Disney timings it could be anytime between. I think you’re closer in your guess and am thinking late October at the earliest. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it be later than that.

With how well it appears to be progressing though, it could be earlier. To paraphrase Winnie the Pooh ‘You never can tell with Disney you know’ ;)

are there any standard rooms in the 60's section?

If not where would the standard rooms be located? Our family is booked in the preferred rooms while the other family that just booked couldn't get a preferred room with the free dining plan.

Wondering how far apart we might be.

NBTOD

is there any place other than the food court at POP where you could fill up your mugs for free?

Do they show movies outside at night at POP?

are there any standard rooms in the 60's section?

If not where would the standard rooms be located? Our family is booked in the preferred rooms while the other family that just booked couldn't get a preferred room with the free dining plan.

Wondering how far apart we might be.

NBTOD

Yes, there are standard rooms in the 60's section.
POP MAP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter