Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol nope! She chooses not to ride HM either and I don’t ask her to. She’s watched both rides on YouTube but just does not want to ride them in person due to the storylines and I’m okay with that. I’m sure it will change in time so for now we spend our time elsewhere.
Oh okay I was going to say if she could do haunted mansion but that makes sense now. I’m sure she will probably grow in to them.

lol nope! She chooses not to ride HM either and I don’t ask her to. She’s watched both rides on YouTube but just does not want to ride them in person due to the storylines and I’m okay with that. I’m sure it will change in time so for now we spend our time elsewhere.

My daughter hated both ToT and HM because of their storylines until she was 12. Now they are favorites but until then she rode them once a trip to appease me. They didn’t terrify her but she was scared of the story lines.

Uh oh, what is the story line for Haunted Mansion? We skipped it last time but I thought maybe we should try it this time.

Uh oh, what is the story line for Haunted Mansion? We skipped it last time but I thought maybe we should try it this time.
You are transformed into the 1000th Happy Haunt. When you arrive in the mansion, you become terrified by the mysterious halls and corridors. As you attempt to find your way out, Madam Leota summons the spirits to further scare you and draw you into the realm of ghosts. In the attic, the Bride pushes you out the window, and you fall into the graveyard. By the end of the ride, you appear in a mirror alongside another ghost; you have become a happy haunt. You may have the ability to leave the mansion, but a voice reminds you to “hurry baaaaack” to your new home as soon as you can.

The back story: Many years ago, Master Gracey and Emily were engaged, but Madame Leota was also in love with Master Gracey. Leota believed that if Emily were “gone” Master Gracey would then fall in love with her and they could get married. On Master Gracey and Emily’s wedding day, Leota killed Emily and put her body in a trunk and put the trunk in the attic of the mansion. Well, Master Gracey was so distraught over Emily’s death that he hung himself. Madame Leota was left to haunt the mansion after she presumably died of old age.

Looks like we're veering off the topic of the Pop Century Resort.

You are transformed into the 1000th Happy Haunt. When you arrive in the mansion, you become terrified by the mysterious halls and corridors. As you attempt to find your way out, Madam Leota summons the spirits to further scare you and draw you into the realm of ghosts. In the attic, the Bride pushes you out the window, and you fall into the graveyard. By the end of the ride, you appear in a mirror alongside another ghost; you have become a happy haunt. You may have the ability to leave the mansion, but a voice reminds you to “hurry baaaaack” to your new home as soon as you can.

The back story: Many years ago, Master Gracey and Emily were engaged, but Madame Leota was also in love with Master Gracey. Leota believed that if Emily were “gone” Master Gracey would then fall in love with her and they could get married. On Master Gracey and Emily’s wedding day, Leota killed Emily and put her body in a trunk and put the trunk in the attic of the mansion. Well, Master Gracey was so distraught over Emily’s death that he hung himself. Madame Leota was left to haunt the mansion after she presumably died of old age.

Looks like we're veering off the topic of the Pop Century Resort.
I have to confess, I’ve never paid any attention to the HM story. It’s just a fun experience for me every time we do it. I think it’s the same for my DD (age 7). I think if she understood the story behind it, we would no longer be doing this one! Thanks for posting that. I definitely learned something! HM will be an entirely different experience for me next month...just 30 days until we check in to the Pop Century!!

I have to confess, I’ve never paid any attention to the HM story. It’s just a fun experience for me every time we do it. I think it’s the same for my DD (age 7). I think if she understood the story behind it, we would no longer be doing this one! Thanks for posting that. I definitely learned something! HM will be an entirely different experience for me next month...just 30 days until we check in to the Pop Century!!

LOL, glad I'm not the only one! I knew the backstory but never paid attention to the story line during the ride. I've probably ridden HM about 20 times and just simply enjoyed it for the face value. I'll have to pay closer attention the next time I ride it....which probably won't be for another year and a half...when, depending on how many kids are traveling with us we might consider staying at Pop Century again (there, I brought the thread back on track. :D).

Hi all,

We are looking to book a stay here for next August. From what I have seen I believe, while no guarantee, the Gondolas should be up and running by then. With that assumption we would like to be somewhere close to the bridge across hourglass lake to get to the station

Are their buildings you can request to be closer to that or is it worth the extra cost to book a preferred room to more guarantee that? I would think just avoiding the 80's and 90's rooms would leave us fairly close - do you have pretty good luck if you just request rooms not in that section?

Guess I just don't want to pay the extra for preferred if not really worth it if we just want to be a bit closer to the bridge - but am willing to if really worth it

Thanks!

Hi all,

We are looking to book a stay here for next August. From what I have seen I believe, while no guarantee, the Gondolas should be up and running by then. With that assumption we would like to be somewhere close to the bridge across hourglass lake to get to the station

Are their buildings you can request to be closer to that or is it worth the extra cost to book a preferred room to more guarantee that? I would think just avoiding the 80's and 90's rooms would leave us fairly close - do you have pretty good luck if you just request rooms not in that section?

Guess I just don't want to pay the extra for preferred if not really worth it if we just want to be a bit closer to the bridge - but am willing to if really worth it

Thanks!
Request 1960s/Lake View-those rooms are Standard and will put you close to Generation Gap Bridge.:)

Speaking of the Gondolas it will be interesting to find out how much of an impact they will and how they will change resort foot traffic when they open. Obviously the Generation Gap bridge will become much more congested. Wonder if it will require POP to reclassify some of the standard and preferred rooms?

I’ve stayed on site 3 times, at POP Century last year and 2 trips, 2011 and 2013, at the Swan Dolphin. We really loved the location of the Swan Dolphin and the easy access to Epcot and HS. My concern is that the increase of foot traffic from the Gondola will nagate many of the advantages the Boardwalk resorts, especially for Epcot?

Last edited:
I haven't read the thread in a while but when I last did, there was an issue with room requests through the MDE and website. I still haven't been able to make room requests thru either of these. I'm assuming they are still 'down'? We arrive in 10 days. Is it too late at this point to worry about it and hope for the best?

I haven't read the thread in a while but when I last did, there was an issue with room requests through the MDE and website. I still haven't been able to make room requests thru either of these. I'm assuming they are still 'down'? We arrive in 10 days. Is it too late at this point to worry about it and hope for the best?
Room requests are not currently available online so you will want to call in your requests. At 10 days out your room has not been assigned yet so you can still call in and request what you like.

Just checked in and sad to report....there are no Halloween mugs. There are some people wandering around with them and say they got them last Saturday and they went quickly. I spoke to the gentleman in charge in Everything POP gift shop and he says they were told not to expect more until Halloween but anything is possible. He also said he had been told all resorts were out. However, I did see a post on the Halloween mug thread that someone had seen a few mugs at the Beach Club this afternoon.

Just checked in and sad to report....there are no Halloween mugs. There are some people wandering around with them and say they got them last Saturday and they went quickly. I spoke to the gentleman in charge in Everything POP gift shop and he says they were told not to expect more until Halloween but anything is possible. He also said he had been told all resorts were out. However, I did see a post on the Halloween mug thread that someone had seen a few mugs at the Beach Club this afternoon.
I hope they restock before Halloween. We show up in 4 days but we leave before Halloween. If we don’t get one it’s no big deal but it would be nice to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!